Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither of those screenshots is the spot I'm talking about. The two figures are to the left of the lady in red, directly above the red gatepost. Once you see them, you can't unsee them. IMO.

Here's the link again:

We went over all this before. It’s part of the hedge. JMO

It Is curious that the sonar guy said it was not deep there. I wonder if there is a lot of weed about and his machine would not work in that particular place so he ignored it in favour of scanning the riverbed where the sonar would get a return from the river bottom.

Having said that you would think there would be less weed at this time of year.
I may have misheard but I thought he said something (on the TV) about it being not very deep right at the edge where rocks are but then it gets deeper around 3m but I may have misheard it.

Is the mark on her right cheekbone a shadow?

View attachment 402449
Because it isn't a high quality image and possibly lighting and her bone structure, then there will be no subtlety in shading. If you look at her ear, then you'll notice the same shading and not only have the police ruled out her partner and family as suspects, and stated so repeatedly, including warning people to leave them alone and stop pointing fingers...but if she had been bruised, as part of her description in searching for her, along with what she was wearing, hair colour, height etc then they would have mentioned this.
IMHO

Btw I once painted a life sized mural to be seen at distance and the shading I put to represent shadow under a lady's nose, was perceived as a moustache

I agree re deep hole (no 7), exact location of the bench.
I'd love to know how "deep" that is. I've been searching for any clarification. I assume not so deep that divers and sonar didn't search it? I know there is a sign, but the water behind my house has a danger deep water sign, and an emergency ring and despite it raining all day today it has no water in it at all.
I wonder if its "fishermans tale" deep, or actually properly mine shaft deep? It seems to be a hinge of quite a few theories.

I may have misheard but I thought he said something (on the TV) about it being not very deep right at the edge where rocks are but then it gets deeper around 3m but I may have misheard it.
That would make sense yes. 2ft of very cold water when you are wearing winter clothes and nothing to grip on is not an easy thing to get out of. Given some local knowledge you might well try to walk along the edge looking for something to hold onto then slip into deeper water. Full body immersion in January is not going to be very good.

Just bringing this over from Thread 2

MOD NOTE:

Let's move on from the lady in red photo. Police have located her. Also, they have not asked for our assistance to find any other "people" in the photo.

If anyone has a British Newspaper Archive account there is some good research to be done there (my subscription has expired sadly).

Quite a few reports of drownings (and near-drownings) on the River Wyre at St Michaels and also about the conditions of the river over time (e.g. note my previous posts on this thread about a hole in a " clough" in 2022 and how the same thing has been reported historically).

Examples of the previews available below...

Attachments

• 8876A74F-D699-40E8-A44A-4CA6D2A5C491.jpeg
    8876A74F-D699-40E8-A44A-4CA6D2A5C491.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 52
  • E6C1AE2D-47E4-4985-A0EC-57611BC7E862.jpeg
    E6C1AE2D-47E4-4985-A0EC-57611BC7E862.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 129C6B55-BAD5-4E92-BF6C-3DAFE2D27C3B.jpeg
    129C6B55-BAD5-4E92-BF6C-3DAFE2D27C3B.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 34
That would make sense yes. 2ft of very cold water when you are wearing winter clothes and nothing to grip on is not an easy thing to get out of. Given some local knowledge you might well try to walk along the edge looking for something to hold onto then slip into deeper water. Full body immersion in January is not going to be very good.
I agree and there is also the possibility of the rocks causing an injury.

Neither of those screenshots is the spot I'm talking about. The two figures are to the left of the lady in red, directly above the red gatepost. Once you see them, you can't unsee them. IMO.

Here's the link again:

I concur (JMO). Man facing camera, wearing short-sleeved light colouresd shirt and a darker vest/gilet talking to someone wearing dark clothing, with bare legs.

Story’s about the river wyre. Including gas explosion which took the lives of 16 people.

I agree, that’s why I asked earlier if it is possible that Mercedes might be able to track the location of the car keys.
Mercedes won’t be able to remotely. It’s possible to detect a signal - but doubtful if you could through water and I imagine they are long destroyed (if she’s in the river).

If she fell in face first, and let's say the hood came over the top of her head, then that is going to create quite a sizeable air bubble over her that may not dissipate for quite some time. This could severely hinder her attempts to pull her face out of the water because to turn over onto her back she would have to submerge the clothing that is held buoyant by the trapped air. Never mind the cold/shock factor.

Would it be unkind of me to suggest the people saying "how could she not get out" volunteer to dress up in similar clothing along that bank and get pushed in face first to test my theory ?

Please search previous threads, I know you have good intentions, however, the little elves in this picture are really not there.
I remember this coming up in a thread before, so I'm not going through them all again! I was merely agreeing with the poster that I can see two people. They are on the other side of the road, some distance from the lady in red. This is obviously a still from a Ring doorbell, so is facing out over the road. Of course they are going to pick up people/animals at a distance just not distinctly. If it were of any relevance, I'm sure the police would have mentioned it by now. My opinion, no-one else's.

If she fell in face first, and let's say the hood came over the top of her head, then that is going to create quite a sizeable air bubble over her that may not dissipate for quite some time. This could severely hinder her attempts to pull her face out of the water because to turn over onto her back she would have to submerge the clothing that is held buoyant by the trapped air. Never mind the cold/shock factor.

Would it be unkind of me to suggest the people saying "how could she not get out" volunteer to dress up in similar clothing along that bank and get pushed in face first to test my theory ?
The divers were all helped out by at least one other person and they are fit individuals trained for the work not wearing winter clothing. Good point about the air bubble caused by the coat.

Nasty situation.

IMO very plausible it could have been a simple trip when standing up from the bench. Once you are moving down a slope there is very little you can do to stop yourself.

Some years ago I was walking down a pavement near Victoria station and tripped on a raised paving slab. I walk quite quickly and found myself running straight towards a plate glass window. Luckily I managed to stop.

Accidental trips must account for huge numbers of otherwise inexplicable accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298