Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a very cold morning - I dunno. I somehow can't see why anybody would want to clamber down to the freezing cold river at that time of the morning to look at a bird or a fish or anything, really. JMO.

I guess someone would go to look if they heard or saw something very odd indeed, like a baby crying or something really weird. Otherwise, I can't imagine someone who's already dialled into a work call, minding a dog, and texting friends, with a view to returning home any minute would care to look at something in or near the water :/

Looks that way, I'm not furnished with facts tho. I'm curious in general about whether there are people in residence one way or another, as per my thoughts / questions above ^
Wyreside Farm Caravan Park is not residential it is open between march and october only. Rowanwater Caravan Park contains some full residential park homes open 12 months of the year, some 12 month access park homes and also a holiday caravan letting site and park.IMO Countryside Caravaning and Camping - Welcome to Wyreside Farm Park. Rowanwater

So this leads me back to accidental fall/death and off in the river.

But also I’m very glad someone had mentioned the caravan park. That’s an easy entrance/exit to leave by with no cctv.

And again always worth mentioning.

People don’t see what they’re not looking for.
Fate sometimes falls favour on those who do wrong.

There is CCTV up there somewhere, BUT...

The path to the farm/caravan park seems to join the river path at the edge of the woods. From the videos many media outlets have shared retracing Nicola's steps along the river path from Garstang Road, it looks feasible as a route to a vehicle parked near the woods and offers a fairly secluded route away if someone needed one IMO

They may not be any answers Imagine how difficult it would be to do a post mortem after weeks/months in the water
very
( not posting an extract though because there's a tiny chance she's still alive and some of the detail is bit gruesome)

https://www.rcpath.org/asset/79EA19E1-E7D8-465E-900746D3DC346108/

edit - the links are from the Royal College of Pathologists

Last edited:
Worth remembering cold shock/water inhalation are not the only dangers of a river.

There have been studies showing that the conflict of a fight-flight response (adrenaline mediated - causes fast heart rate) can conflict with water splashing on face (the diving reflex - aims to make heart slow down to conserve oxygen for diving) and can cause arrhythmias even in fit individuals. This is a review of those medical theories

The author Mike Tipton is a doctor and scientist who is an expert in extreme physiology, cold water physiology, and is part of global initiatives to reduce drownings.

Good point, we haven't been told, I guess maybe the caravan park and camping grounds close over the winter period?
A luxury lodge park near me, similar to Rowanwater, closes for the whole month of February and even full-time residents must vacate for that whole calender month. Not sure about caravan/ camping sites like Wyreside.

Someone earlier put the theory forward that the MP may simply have gone to the water because there was something interesting in there. People are often attracted to unusual objects.
I had a load of friends in my dinghy on the Thames when I was a teenager. We were going along normally with the outboard motor and someone spotted a dead fish in front of the boat and mentioned it to the others. All 5 kids in the boat except me rushed towards the front and the dinghy sunk and turned upside down.

Everyone was okay and saved from the water (mid summer) but it was a completely unexpected situation to be in. One minute everything normal next second dead fish and boat upside down.

If the MP went down to the river to look at something (dead fish or bird for example) and the dog rushed down excitedly it could have knocked her straight into the water.

IMO the point someone else made about a coat or a hood forming an air bubble with the face down in the water was interesting.

Yes, there are otters at Garstang. Sightings last year. Most folk IMO would get closer to the water to look at an otter. Probably didn't happen in this case, but possible.

The detail that I find more convincing re falling into the river is the fact the dog harness was found halfway down the embankment.

To me this suggests Nicola had approached the river edge on the embankment and was in the vicinity.

The alternative is a perp theee it there to stage an accident but IMO the fall is more likely.

Bless her. Those poor kids.

Yes, there are otters at Garstang. Sightings last year. Most folk IMO would get closer to the water to look at an otter. Probably didn't happen in this case, but possible.

it seems to be very rare but it is not unheard of for otters to attack humans. I don't think it has been recorded in ths country but if the otters were non indigenous and had been introduced to the area by humans they may have different behaviour.

Seems wildly unlikely but is it possible that this was an animal attack of some sort?

Devine camping pods (if I sleuthed correctly its the same family owners as the wyreside farm park ) there's a post on their FB page last February as the site was featured on C4 TV celebrity hunted' when 2 fugitives stayed at the pods but that was possibly a one off, and like the caravan park it's seasonal

The detail that I find more convincing re falling into the river is the fact the dog harness was found halfway down the embankment.

To me this suggests Nicola had approached the river edge on the embankment and was in the vicinity.

The alternative is a perp theee it there to stage an accident but IMO the fall is more likely.

If someone threw the dog harness down there as I posited earlier after an altercation that would seem to be a reason to be on the edge of the river.

Devine camping pods (if I sleuthed correctly its the same family owners as the wyreside farm park ) there's a post on their FB page last February as the site was featured on C4 TV celebrity hunted' when 2 fugitives stayed at the pods but that was possibly a one off, and like the caravan park it's seasonal
Interesting. I'll check that programme out on All 4.

I'm not sure why two fishermen seen near a river would look suspicious. I guess since they were seen the day before, the assumption is that they must have returned to that location the next day to kidnap Nicola?

Because they looked like they were trying to hide their faces? In what way, I wonder? Were they wearing scarves?

Probably. And hats pulled down and jacket collars pulled up, like normal people do when they're out early on a very cold morning, Less 'suspicious' and 'trying to hide their faces', more dressed entirely appropriately for a pair of fishermen planning a bit of fishing.

When it's really cold, the only bit of my face that's visible are my eyes and the upper part of my nose, muffled in hats and scarves as I am when I take dog for an early walk. That's me trying to stay warm not me up to no good.

This is getting ridiculously silly, isn't it?

If someone threw the dog harness down there as I posited earlier after an altercation that would seem to be a reason to be on the edge of the river.
Why would they throw it there if their point was that they wanted willow on the lead

Definitely two possible scenarios.

A third scenario: I have wondered whether the dog could have picked it up to bring it to Nicola in confusion if she was in the water, dropping it in hope she would come out and pick it up and put it on. Especially if that was the usual site where she would remove it and later put it back on the dog, on her typical daily walk ie. The dog would be getting anxious if the usual routine was not happening.

So in short, another scenario is the dog dropped it deliberately (or accidently) in that location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck