Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Willow. It is usually advised that if you ever completely lose a dog whilst out walking, the best thing to do is leave something with your scent on it at the last place you were together (plus a bowl of water) and the dog will inevitably return to the last place they saw you, when they find something with your scent, they'll wait around, so you can keep checking back periodically. Some people lose their dogs in forests or on rambles not close to their home so this is a good technique.

It sounds like Willow was acting confused when she was found but not distressed, so she was likely in the last spot where she'd seen N, maybe wondering where's she gone? Bearing in mind it was a damp day and dogs use scent to locate people, if N had walked somewhere with someone or been snatched / abducted by someone, if Willow wasn't on the lead, she'd have started to follow either what she could see or what she could scent. If she could see or scent that N had left the area, would she have just taken herself home maybe? Would she even know the way? Or taken herself back to the car the way they came. It seems odd she was just hanging around. Also odd that she was compliant to be tied up seemingly with string for 1.5 hours on a very cold day. She must have been very cold and unhappy by the time she was rescued. She was described as being completely dry but it was a cold frosty damp day so she must have been at least a bit soggy from the grass / mud?

Sorry am new to this site and i don't know where I should put my comment... Has anyone looked into the possibility of a dingy or boat being in the area?
Someone did bring this up earlier on. It is an interesting point. It seems likley there are not many boats around there so if there had been one someone would have mentioned it as being unusual.

Its possible but it would be very obvious.

I've got a boat on the thames with a small craft beside it for doing the shopping runs. When I go out in the small boat even though it is a very popular part of the middle Thames there is usually nobody about in boats at this time of year. Maybe a rower now and then but other than that nothing.

A boat in that little river would be something locals would definitely be aware of.

Regarding the fishermen it is actually very common to see what I would call "mobile fishermen" which is men or often pairs of men carrying a rods and nets and a rucksack. They will fish areas known to have good stock for food. The idea of being mobile is so you can fish private waters and if you get into any problems you just say you don't speak English and walk away. There is a lot of fish coming out of the Thames in this way. Fish is a valuable product.

Assuming all fishermen haul great big trolleys about is not correct although club fishermen generally do.

I would surmise that the two men seen were doing exactly this type of fishing.

IMO.
Exactly, and fish being taken from my local canal that way too - it's common and has been happening for years, they often wear hoodies and gym gear and hide their faces, they will fish early morning, evening and overnight, without licence or permit.
Genuine anglers also sometimes do 'mobile fishing' but carry a landing net and maybe an unhooking net and dress differently, usually dark green outdoor clothing.

sorry Im playing catchup but has anyone been cleared by LE?
<modsnip>

Seriously though, the partner Paul Ansell says that he's been eliminated from any suspicion or wtte. Not sure if he used the word cleared
( The exacting wording is in the transcript of the programme he did a couple of days ago and it's on the Media Thread attached to Post 1 of this thread)

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone did bring this up earlier on. It is an interesting point. It seems likley there are not many boats around there so if there had been one someone would have mentioned it as being unusual.

I've got a boat on the thames with a small craft beside it for doing the shopping runs. When I go out in the small boat even though it is a very popular part of the middle Thames there is usually nobody about in boats at this time of year. Maybe a rower now and then but other than that nothing.

A boat in that little river would be something locals would definitely be aware of.
Ok, thanks for replying.

I hope the fishermen, if innocent, come forward soon to be ruled out. I think even just by virtue of being a stranger, you can come across as dodgy. I live in a village of 200 and once found myself 'keeping obs' on someone hanging around the village green simply because I hadn't seen him before and he didn't have a dog with him!
I find it very, very weird that a number of people in this thread have said that they’re suspicious if they see someone walking without a dog. People understand that non dog owners still like to take walks, right? I didn’t know I’m acting suspicious walking around without a dog on my daily walks.

I find it very, very weird that a number of people in this thread have said that they’re suspicious if they see someone walking without a dog. People understand that non dog owners still like to take walks, right? I didn’t know I’m acting suspicious walking around without a dog on my daily walks.

That's been bugging me as well. Yet having a dog with you (or carrying a fishing rod) and you're above suspicion.

I guess it's more likely a perpetrator wouldn't have a dog with them but it worries me that a person with a dog might not be properly noticed in a case like this.

Last edited:
Media captured a couple of officers at the caravan park ( Wyre) today, 'making inquiries' according to the Mail.
They were there about an hour. One of the officers has PCSO on back of his jacket. Neither were plain clothes detectives ( at the Mail link)

Various press reconfigured this into a full blown, full caps lock ' SEARCH' and a zillion random commenters across social media responded wtte of it's about time', should of ( sic) been done weeks ago.'

Also this new in the Mail this evening

Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 19.21.12.png

Exactly

I'd be happy for officers to look around my property as it is forested and someone could easily discard evidence and I'd never know. But the idea I'd let people go through my house in detail with dogs?

No way.

To what end?
Cadaver dogs and maybe dogs sniffing for her scent, it would be to rule people out as possibly abducting her or having killed and hidden her or even having things that belonged to her. Paul her partner has stated that he believes if someone did something to her then it would bd someone local as strangers would be noticed too much, like the fishermen mentioned.
I guess it would be an act of good faith to narrow down options of what happened.

Edited for typo

Last edited:
Media captured a couple of officers at the caravan park ( Wyre) today, 'making inquiries' according to the Mail.
They were there about an hour. ( at the link)

Various press reconfigured this into a full blown, full caps lock ' SEARCH' and a zillion random commenters across social media responded wtte of it's about time', should of ( sic) been done weeks ago.'

View attachment 402667
Exactly. Until we see forensic white suits there's no significant search going on imo

That's been bugging me as well. Yet having a dog with you (or carrying a fishing rod) and you're above suspicion.

It worries me that a person with a dog might not be properly noticed in a case like this.

Binoculars, cameras, or any form of art material also work well. Apparently, walking alone is only acceptable as a 'non suspicious' activity if wearing jogging clothes and actually moving at speed :/

They were there about an hour. One of the officers has PCSO on back of his jacket. Neither were plain clothes detectives ( at the Mail link)

View attachment 402667

Finally someone's openly 'going there' with alternate explanations to NB's disappearance. I'm glad we can now officially begin to discuss other ideas.

They might if there were people around to see it, but let's be honest no one seems to have seen an awful lot? I'm pretty sure I've sussed a plausible explanation as to what may have happened (which would not be an accepted post) but not to where NB could be

sorry Im playing catchup but has anyone been cleared by LE?
Paul her partner stated that the first thing LE did was check him out fully, which he expected and welcomed so that they could get on with the job of trying to find her. I will assume they have also done the same with others close to her, as much as anything to get to know about NB as a person, her usual movements, if anything had been bothering her etc.

The police have asked people to stop accusing and pointing the finger at people involved quite forcefully in fact, pretty good indication they don't suspect anyone they know of to have had anything to do with NB's disappearance.

it seems to be very rare but it is not unheard of for otters to attack humans. I don't think it has been recorded in ths country but if the otters were non indigenous and had been introduced to the area by humans they may have different behaviour.

Seems wildly unlikely but is it possible that this was an animal attack of some sort?

Yeah I posted about an otter attacks being an unlikely, but possible, scenario yesterday. There has apparently been an otter attack in this part of the Wyre, but was in the late 1880s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1