Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO but LE have been very frugal with releasing information to the public, even their press conferences are quite repetitive with really no updates and that alone encourages wide speculation because their credibility is being questioned. Of course LE could have every reason to be withholding vital information which can only be revealed once they're in a position to take relevant action?
Frugal compared to which other UK cases though? I personally feel the police have shared a lot and given regular updates. For a missing person's case whom police strongly suspect the victim hasn't met with foul play, I don't think I've seen this much info. being disclosed before.

The fact the Lancashire police seem to be fixed on it being an accident must be very highly relevant to this, quite honestly.

This is a large professional police force well used to these sort of cases, very notably and quite recently the case of Lindsay Birbeck, a woman missing on her walk and ultimately taken in a very short timeframe by a stranger in an unprovoked motiveless attack.

This force really cant have discounted such a possibility unless they were sure she fell into the river. They must have strong information to that effect.
Then they need to say so, not what evidence it is, but that they know for certain that's what happened. The fact they aren't saying that leads me to think exactly what they are saying....they just don't know. Moo

Yes, but the police can deal with harassment and abuse through existing laws. They should, IMO, tell the public to abide by the law instead of telling the public to "stop" speculating or providing "commentary". Police forces shouldn't be asserting themselves telling people not to do things that are perfectly legal. They can suggest it...but the public has every right to speculate if they are not breaking the law. It's an overreach.
It is an interesting situation.

I have never used facebook or twitter or tiktok or any of that sort of rubbish in my life but apparently quite a lot of people do use these platforms.
While one could argue that more coverage is Good because it keeps the topic going it can also be quite dangerous in some ways.

If the police do wind down their investigation and the publicity seeking gents go away will it all just go quiet? Body gets picked up by anglers later on?

Its a nasty situation for the family I do understand that but other than that it is quite an interesting situation generally because it has become such a public story with so much social media interest.

IMO PF's unofficial-official land search will be a media circus if police don't cordon off the search areas. Can you imagine?

This force really cant have discounted such a possibility unless they were sure she fell into the river. They must have strong information to that effect.

Did the Police in the case ever confirm whether the dog harness was dry or wet?

I'm sure it was wet and that is the whole story but I have not been able to find a link to confirm it was dry. Maybe it is a minor detail but it looms large for me.

That's been bugging me as well. Yet having a dog with you (or carrying a fishing rod) and you're above suspicion.

I guess it's more likely a perpetrator wouldn't have a dog with them but it worries me that a person with a dog might not be properly noticed in a case like this.
Although Paul did say a stranger in the village would stick out like a sore thumb, didn't mention if they had a dog they wouldn't though.

I imagine if a stranger rocked up with a dog, they would stand out even more, especially to other dog walkers. They like to acknowledge each other when passing so if there is a new dog around, said dog lovers will probably stop and ask breed etc.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for insinuations against a non POI & statements made without a link to back them up>
From day one I've wondered whether the person who found the dog and phone looked in the water for the blatantly obvious missing person. If we accept what we've been told about an accident then there's a maximum 13 minute window for this and surely a body would still be visible in this timescale, or someone trying to get out of the water. Sadly I still think the police are correct that she went into the water, I'm far from convinced this was by accident though which bergs the question who had the opportunity and could hide or dispose of the body.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently he didn't just go to the media with it though. "The man said he contacted Lancashire Police on Monday January 30 and again on Friday February 3, but did not hear back from them until Wednesday February 8." (BBM)

"He said: “It’s frustrating — it would have been much better if I had been spoken to straight away as it was fresher in my mind.”"

Nicola Bulley cops took 'nine days' to contact key witness
Possibly because they had received similar reports from others and checked those out.

The fact the Lancashire police seem to be fixed on it being an accident must be very highly relevant to this, quite honestly.

This is a large professional police force well used to these sort of cases, very notably and quite recently the case of Lindsay Birbeck, a woman missing on her walk and ultimately taken in a very short timeframe by a stranger in an unprovoked motiveless attack.

I believe they have kept an open mind, otherwise they wouldn't have several hundreds of lines of investigation, but there seems to be nothing to latch onto.
There were no known witnesses to the actual event and nothing to suggest foul play.
This must limit how they can progress

The caravan park has always been a red flag. The owner who runs it happened to find the belongings on the bench.
If Willow was tied up with string, why did she have this when so close to home?
The owner extended the announcement of a missing person by over an hour.
Why was she at the bench when the obvious paths are off allotment lane?
The cctv apparently wasn’t working, was this on the say so of the owner or have they actually checked.

It is highly unlikely an older lady is responsible but if there has been a long standing disagreement about a dog off the lead it could have got heated in the moment and ……….

My worry with the police being so focussed on the river is that, god forbid, should NB have come to harm she could be placed in the river at night and would the police actually investigate or stick to their hypothesis?
The perp has a chance to escape Scott free.
Yes that’s my worry too.

Is there a chance Willow could have slipped through the gate into the campsite area either on that day or previously?

Did the Police in the case ever confirm whether the dog harness was dry or wet?

I'm sure it was wet and that is the whole story but I have not been able to find a link to confirm it was dry. Maybe it is a minor detail but it looms large for me.
Sure I read somewhere it was wet but that would take forever to hunt for.

Then they need to say so, not what evidence it is, but that they know for certain that's what happened. The fact they aren't saying that leads me to think exactly what they are saying....they just don't know. Moo
I agree and I would find it odd if LE possessed additional information, that’s not in the public domain, that suggests she entered the water.

I don't. think I would say that their strategy is poor, but I don't think that their communication has been the best
I just came on to put the same as you. Communication could have been better. They could have been clearer with clothing and witness timings, they should also have more clearly stated that PA was not a suspect if he was seen on the cctv at home. Much of the speculation would have been avoided with clearer communication IMO.

From day one I've wondered whether the person who found the dog and phone looked in the water for the blatantly obvious missing person. If we accept what we've been told about an accident then there's a maximum 13 minute window for this and surely a body would still be visible in this timescale, or someone trying to get out of the water. Sadly I still think the police are correct that she went into the water, I'm far from convinced this was by accident though which bergs the question who had the opportunity and could hide or dispose of the body.
This was my thought I expressed in previous posts. In the short space of time from her disappearance to her phone being found, if she’d fell in, the sediment would surely have been disturbed. It’s not a fast flowing river. It’s shallow. If someone had fallen in, even without struggling to reach the bank, there would have been a noticeable cloud of sediment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member