Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well seems the pcso's who i saw at incident van on saturday went to wyreside caravan park today. That they are doing this should be sign of positive action, note the police still not returned call to me after rowanwarer info given over for secondtime on saturday at incident van. That PF is returning is maybe sign he is actioning what i said should happen ie search of rowanwater and rowanwater lake. That has taken so long for police to do this points i think to group think and I thought people should have learnt from past that proper checking of the immediate area should be the priority.

Media captured a couple of officers at the caravan park ( Wyre) today, 'making inquiries' according to the Mail.
They were there about an hour. One of the officers has PCSO on back of his jacket. Neither were plain clothes detectives ( at the Mail link)

Various press reconfigured this into a full blown, full caps lock ' SEARCH' and a zillion random commenters across social media responded wtte of it's about time', should of ( sic) been done weeks ago.'

Also this new in the Mail this evening

View attachment 402667
If they are in the water he will find them
if they are in the woods he will find them

Hope he takes his diving gear off

So arrogant, perhaps he should work with MWT, they would make a great pair for TV and Media.

<RSBM>

I don't think LE will be ruling out non locals based on what Paul's said.
If they are keeping an open mind then they have to consider everything.
It is often thought by people that it must be an outsider and not a local person in crimes, human nature to dislike thinking they may be surrounded by people they can't trust, especially in a tight knit community like this.

I stated “If”
The likely option would have been her lead which was alleged to be near the bench.
Again, huge gaps in information results in speculation
Apologies I missed the "if".

Yeah I think if she was tied up then her lead would have been used.

Another weird thing about this whole case:
Lanc Police asking the public to please stop speculating.
UK morning TV, every morning, speculating with their hosts and guests about how “baffling” this case is.
Bizarre.
JMO but LE have been very frugal with releasing information to the public, even their press conferences are quite repetitive with really no updates and that alone encourages wide speculation because their credibility is being questioned. Of course LE could have every reason to be withholding vital information which can only be revealed once they're in a position to take relevant action?

Earlier in thread there was mention that Police had spoken with NCA?

Does anyone know why this would be?
Mentioned a couple of times in this presser.

.......we have engaged with and worked shoulder to shoulder with a number of very specific experts, as I mentioned earlier these include the National Crime Agency, who have reviewed all of the police investigation so far and have not identified any other lines of enquiry other than what we had already identified. Likewise, we are working with the Police National Search Advisor, who again, has not identified anything in the search strategy or the search area, the physical parameters, that we have not already explored and I say this to reassure the local community, in particular, as well as Nicola's family, that all possible lines of enquiry search or investigation are being exhausted.

Superindendant - As I said before, we will not be conducting all elements of the investigation in the public eye. You would not expect us to, that would not be the normal way things are done anyway, but I would like to reassure the community that nothing in this investigation so far, it has been checked out if it's come into it suggesting crime it has been checked out and discounted. So every single potential third party line of enquiry, any potential suspicious or criminal element has been looked at and discounted. Now people who observe and make comment on it in the media, even if they have experience of policing, clearly, are not in the enquiry team and will not be privy to all of that, but the fact that the National Crime Agency peer review has absolutely, wholeheartedly, not identified any other line of enquiry that we have not already started looking at or completed should give reassurance to the wider public.

Her customary bobble hat that she is seen wearing in many other photos has not been mentioned by LE as an item to look out for, so presumably she wasn't wearing it that day? But then LE didn't mention or describe the bunch of keys either, that info has been confirmed by PA. Her hat may still be in the car or at home, to my knowledge it hasn't been confirmed either way that she had it with her
I actually wondered if the hat PA wore in his early/first interview was hers. It may be a reach, but I might do something like that if I wanted her smell around me.

UK morning TV, every morning, speculating with their hosts and guests about how “baffling” this case is.
Bizarre.

Yup, social media full of people saying "stop speculating" too...while adding to the speculation and amplification. From what I have seen with previous cases, it is often worse for the family when people are not talking about the missing person. Hence regular appeals and campaigns (by those with the means) to raise awareness.

It's human nature to speculate but obviously it should be done sensitively with the missing person and the family in mind, and what they're going through. It is not Lancashire Police's role to stop "speculation" unless it breaks the law (e.g. harassment or malicious communications). Police can only enforce the law.

Ordinary people can help solve these mysteries.

JMO

Bizarre.
It's not just idle speculation though, witnesses have been harassed abused on social media and vandalism has occurred.

'We also continue to see a huge amount of commentary from so-called experts, ill-informed speculation and conspiracy theories which is damaging to the investigation, the community of St Michael’s and, worst of all, to Nicola’s family. It must stop.

We will not tolerate any anti-social or criminal behaviour and we will not hesitate to use the powers at our disposal and to take action where appropriate. A Section 34 Dispersal Order which was in place for St Michael’s has been cancelled but will be put back in place if we see a repeat of the behaviour from earlier in the week.'

It's the mob mentality, the cruelty, the bullying, the insane accusations

I see previously mentioned ex Police Crime Commissioner Martyn Underhill has been getting in on the act again.

"Lancashire Police need to 'appoint a new senior detective to overview the case'"

The case is under constant review by the NCA at the invitation of Lancashire police.
But maybe reading and keeping up are not his strong points.

It's not just idle speculation though, witnesses have been harassed abused on social media and vandalism has occurred.

'We also continue to see a huge amount of commentary from so-called experts, ill-informed speculation and conspiracy theories which is damaging to the investigation, the community of St Michael’s and, worst of all, to Nicola’s family. It must stop.

We will not tolerate any anti-social or criminal behaviour and we will not hesitate to use the powers at our disposal and to take action where appropriate. A Section 34 Dispersal Order which was in place for St Michael’s has been cancelled but will be put back in place if we see a repeat of the behaviour from earlier in the week.'

It's the mob mentality, the cruelty, the bullying, the insane accusations

Yes, but the police can deal with harassment and abuse through existing laws. They should, IMO, tell the public to abide by the law instead of telling the public to "stop" speculating or providing "commentary". Police forces shouldn't be asserting themselves telling people not to do things that are perfectly legal. They can suggest it...but the public has every right to speculate if they are not breaking the law. It's an overreach.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for insinuations against a non POI & statements without a link to back them up>
She has almost certainly come to harm.
If she is in the river, then the police assessment is correct.
Without a witness to the event it will be impossible to determine how she got there by the time she is found.

Last edited by a moderator:
The NCA reviewed the case and did not identify any other lines of enquiry that should be pursued. It is responsible for the Missing Persons Bureau.

The fact the Lancashire police seem to be fixed on it being an accident must be very highly relevant to this, quite honestly.

This is a large professional police force well used to these sort of cases, very notably and quite recently the case of Lindsay Birbeck, a woman missing on her walk and ultimately taken in a very short timeframe by a stranger in an unprovoked motiveless attack.

This force really cant have discounted such a possibility unless they were sure she fell into the river. They must have strong information to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1