Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed there haven't really been many pleas for Nicola to "come home" as we often hear with other missing persons. You know, stuff direct to the missing person like "whatever it is, we can work it out" and "nobody will be angry", "just give us a call". Only really seen something along those lines written by PA on the yellow ribbon he put on the bridge.

I get it that people are sure NB would not leave her family, but that is the case with other missing people and they still do the direct appeals. We did not even really see this from Lancashire Police.

If she isn't in the water and did not walk off we are left with the abduction/attack theory and the chance of being found alive would be minimal, right? There are not many cases where people are held hostage and are found alive, certainly not in UK.

The best scenario for her and her family would be that she walked off of her own accord, I really hope that is what happened. (JMO)

It would be interesting to see the source for that, I've not seen any suggestion that the harness was wet. Has that been reported in MSM?

I've seen nothing but the bone dry
I'm not certain which is why I said "sure, I read somewhere" and didn't provide a link, as it would take too long.

I've heard mention the dog was bone dry though not the harness. Do you have a source to say it was bone dry?

I'm not certain which is why I said "sure, I read somewhere" and didn't provide a link, as it would take too long.

I've heard mention the dog was bone dry though not the harness. Do you have a source to say it was bone dry?
Sorry, my fault for speed reading, I thought you were talking about Willow, my bad, I'll see if I can delete to avoid confusion

I checked the search function and Google but couldn't find a link. Maybe a more experienced sleuther could though.

The key to the disappearance of Nicola is her dog, Willow, who despite not being tied to anything or not wearing a lead or harness was found in an agitated state by the river. It was the person who found the phone who tied Willow at around 9:33am, before that the dog could have went numerous directions. Sadly I believe it is a case of accidental drowning, I find it very hard to believe in an abduction theory, there simply is not the time or indeed evidence to suggest an abduction.

I stated “If”
The likely option would have been her lead which was alleged to be near the bench.
Again, huge gaps in information results in speculation
'Unfortunately, we continue to see groundless and hurtful abuse of innocent people, including witnesses and local businesses, which is totally unacceptable'

Indeed it is , which is why I said almost certainly come to harm.
I have considered 'walking away' but there much easier ways of achieving this than disappearing from the middle of a field.

Cases in the spotlight will always bring in new members, what sort of thing do you think might be going on?

I was thinking there is unusual publicity in this case. It could just be about who knows who but seemed a little unusual that the PF sonar guy was apparently employed by the partner of the missing person and not by the police.

Just an observation.

"The expert joined the search in its second week after being brought in by Nicola's family to work alongside Lancashire Police on the investigation"

(is that MSM?)

I was thinking there is unusual publicity in this case. It could just be about who knows who but seemed a little unusual that the PF sonar guy was apparently employed by the partner of the missing person and not by the police.

Just an observation.

"The expert joined the search in its second week after being brought in by Nicola's family to work alongside Lancashire Police on the investigation"

(is that MSM?)
I dont know how police budgets work there may have been cost considerations

I don't know how his charging works but he needs to make a living so presumably doesn't do it for nothing for the police

JMO

I find it very, very weird that a number of people in this thread have said that they’re suspicious if they see someone walking without a dog. People understand that non dog owners still like to take walks, right? I didn’t know I’m acting suspicious walking around without a dog on my daily walks.
Not sure you will understand this if you’re a male. As you hear in the news, females get attacked from time to time. I find it really unnerving to meet a male whilst out walking in the countryside or any dog walk which is not in a busy setting. It just is… makes you feel vulnerable. If the male has a dog then it gives him a reason to be there.. so it feels better. Without a dog you wonder why they are there. It’s irrational .. why shouldn’t males be out walking without a dog. You’ve every right to!! Of course.
But that’s how it feels if you are a female… scary at times. Not all females feel this way, I’m sure.

This was my thought I expressed in previous posts. In the short space of time from her disappearance to her phone being found, if she’d fell in, the sediment would surely have been disturbed. It’s not a fast flowing river. It’s shallow. If someone had fallen in, even without struggling to reach the bank, there would have been a noticeable cloud of sediment.
Exactly, I just can't see a scenario in which you come across a dog on its own, a mobile phone on a bench and harness on the floor that the first thought wouldn't be to check the river with the danger deep water signs.

The key to the disappearance of Nicola is her dog, Willow, who despite not being tied to anything or not wearing a lead or harness was found in an agitated state by the river. It was the person who found the phone who tied Willow at around 9:33am, before that the dog could have went numerous directions. Sadly I believe it is a case of accidental drowning, I find it very hard to believe in an abduction theory, there simply is not the time or indeed evidence to suggest an abduction.
For me the key is the phone, so many of us are wedded to our phones and leaving it behind is hard to explain when it takes a second if that to pick it up

Something or someone stopped her being able to pick up the phone or she choose to leave it behind. Knowing which it was will provide the answer

JMO

Indeed it is , which is why I said almost certainly come to harm.
I have considered 'walking away' but there much easier ways of achieving this than disappearing from the middle of a field.

But think about Willow the dog. Say if NB did, however unlikely, walk away...she may have wanted to leave Willow somewhere he was familiar and where other dog walkers knew him and knew who he belonged to and who would look after him. We have heard so much about how all the dog walkers know each other.

I know it has been said NB would never leave Willow, but when people leave home abruptly they are often not thinking straight.

I'm not saying this is what happened but there are IMO reasons why she could have left "from the middle of a field". If someone wanted to "disappear", "last seen by a river" leads people to think that. Just considering what might be feasible in the given location with the facts we know.

Wasn't the dog found running between the bench and the gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist