Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked the search function and Google but couldn't find a link. Maybe a more experienced sleuther could though.
The Mirror - Nicola Bulley's dog was found "bone dry" next to the river where she vanished.

No mention of the harness being wet though. There are many articles stating that Willow, her dog was found and was dry.

I was thinking there is unusual publicity in this case. It could just be about who knows who but seemed a little unusual that the PF sonar guy was apparently employed by the partner of the missing person and not by the police.

Just an observation.

"The expert joined the search in its second week after being brought in by Nicola's family to work alongside Lancashire Police on the investigation"

(is that MSM?)
Happens often in US cases where a victim's family call for outside help. As an example, Equusearch come at the request of family and LE.

Adventures with Purpose, who usually deal with cold cases came of their own accord to search for Kiely Rodni and found her and her car in a lake.

PI's are often hired by the families too.

Last edited:
I have to respectfully disagree with this. It is entirely possible for an individual to disappear of their own volition and not to come to harm.
Yes, but knowing as we do that Nicola's life revolves around her children and that according to her family and friends she would never leave them, I think it is safe to say we can discount the possibility that she decided to abandon her life with them in the middle of walking her dog.

I don't. think I would say that their strategy is poor, but I don't think that their communication has been the best
It sure seems like the narrative is being driven by others. The police are getting criticism across socials & the media for things have have done weeks ago.

I only really see the press conference clips & their website update through here. Its all 'experts' or friends elsewhere.

Not sure you will understand this if you’re a male. As you hear in the news, females get attacked from time to time. I find it really unnerving to meet a male whilst out walking in the countryside or any dog walk which is not in a busy setting. It just is… makes you feel vulnerable. If the male has a dog then it gives him a reason to be there.. so it feels better. Without a dog you wonder why they are there. It’s irrational .. why shouldn’t males be out walking without a dog. You’ve every right to!! Of course.
But that’s how it feels if you are a female… scary at times. Not all females feel this way, I’m sure.
Agree, I don't like to have anyone walking behind me at night, I cross to the other side of the road to avoid this situation in particular.

Not sure you will understand this if you’re a male. As you hear in the news, females get attacked from time to time. I find it really unnerving to meet a male whilst out walking in the countryside or any dog walk which is not in a busy setting. It just is… makes you feel vulnerable. If the male has a dog then it gives him a reason to be there.. so it feels better. Without a dog you wonder why they are there. It’s irrational .. why shouldn’t males be out walking without a dog. You’ve every right to!! Of course.
But that’s how it feels if you are a female… scary at times. Not all females feel this way, I’m sure.
I completely agree with you, I feel the same. I don’t get the same feeling with unaccompanied male runners, but always feel uneasy if I meet one walking and always get my phone out ready. I then look behind to make sure they’ve kept walking. The best ones are the ones who say good morning and keep walking past. The worst ones are those who pause or stop or try and talk to you too much.

The Mirror - Nicola Bulley's dog was found "bone dry" next to the river where she vanished.

No mention of the harness being wet though. There are many articles stating that Willow, her dog was found and was dry.
The harness was probably dry. I think it would have come to light by now if it wasn't. Imo.

Possibly because they had received similar reports from others and checked those out.

Yes but if you appeal to the public for information and then only selectively acknowledge based on what you have already received you could soon start to lose credibility. A simple acknowledgement would probably have prevented this person going to MSM.

I just try to put myself in a "doggy soul". I used to have a dog, not a Spaniel, but a Staffy. If my dog had witnessed me falling into a river, I know he wouldn't have followed me inside with such a steep river bank. But he would have stared at the water and barked like crazy at the water. He would have given a clear indication by his body language and the direction that he was facing that I am in the river. There is of course a possibility that Willow didn't see her falling if she was off sniffing somewhere else.

I completely agree with you, I feel the same. I don’t get the same feeling with unaccompanied male runners, but always feel uneasy if I meet one walking and always get my phone out ready. I then look behind to make sure they’ve kept walking. The best ones are the ones who say good morning and keep walking past. The worst ones are those who pause or stop or try and talk to you too much.
I think in general it's very difficult for men to understand how vunerable women feel in every day situations as it's simply an alien concept to them

Someone did bring this up earlier on. It is an interesting point. It seems likley there are not many boats around there so if there had been one someone would have mentioned it as being unusual.

Its possible but it would be very obvious.

I've got a boat on the thames with a small craft beside it for doing the shopping runs. When I go out in the small boat even though it is a very popular part of the middle Thames there is usually nobody about in boats at this time of year. Maybe a rower now and then but other than that nothing.

A boat in that little river would be something locals would definitely be aware of.
It’s something I’ve also thought about. A canoe, Canadian canoe or similar, would not be obvious. I’ve used them for fishing in the past, they can be very quiet and you can remain quite hidden alongside the bank. It’s obviously a stretch but a perfectly feasible vehicle to move around in, particularly as it can traverse deep and shallow water and narrow waterways without noise or disturbance.

I dont know how police budgets work there may have been cost considerations

I don't know how his charging works but he needs to make a living so presumably doesn't do it for nothing for the police

JMO

His company has "international" in the title and looks like he's got lots of publicity.

Public relations = free advertising. The term used to count the worth of news articles, interviews, impact is "Advertising Value Equivalent (AVE)". PF's AVE will be significant after the past couple of weeks. Probably on the "money can't buy" level. It's no wonder he's doing it for free. The worth of the coverage would be more than he would be paid, IMO. (I am also assuming he really wants to find NB for her family too)

Yes but if you appeal to the public for information and then only selectively acknowledge based on what you have already received you could soon start to lose credibility. A simple acknowledgement would probably have prevented this person going to MSM.
Not in today's world. Witnesses don't think twice about going to SM or media with their "stories".

Why would police acknowledge a witness to the general public??

Quite often no acknowledgement is ever received. FBI rarely acknowledge a report.

His company has "international" in the title and looks like he's got lots of publicity.

Public relations = free advertising. The term used to count the worth of news articles, interviews, impact is "Advertising Value Equivalent (AVE)". PF's AVE will be significant after the past couple of weeks. Probably on the "money can't buy" level. It's no wonder he's doing it for free. The worth of the coverage would be more than he would be paid, IMO. (I am also assuming he really wants to find NB for her family too)
Hence all the interviews.

Exactly, I just can't see a scenario in which you come across a dog on its own, a mobile phone on a bench and harness on the floor that the first thought wouldn't be to check the river with the danger deep water signs.

Me too. And I'm a man.
Exactly. Understood. Most people would feel uncomfortable with someone walking directly behind them at night. It's also a good way to see if someone is following you or not, too. I live in central London, and as a police officer once said, 'have your head on a swivel'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel