Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul has asked Mercedes to try and track the car keys. Can this be done?

I looked into some of this stuff a few months ago. There is free software that you can run on a PC with a usb tv tuner and small aerial connected, that can pick up car keys and all manner of other stuff. I could get a signal and it identified the make correctly from my car key (definitely not a Merc!) but only when I pressed the button (the only other thing of note I picked up was a wireless digital thermometer signal, probably from a neighbour's oven:confused: ).

Had a hell of a shock this morning to get a notification that Nicola Bulley - Mortgage Adviser had sent me a FB message. Anyone else had this happen? I was viewing her business page last night. The message area was blank, just advised that if I replied she would be able to see my public posts. I don't know how business pages work. Do they send out automated messages. I'm not following, haven't liked or commented. Or might it have been fake? I deleted it.
Yes Facebook businesses can do this. I've had it with another company I was looking at.

Had a hell of a shock this morning to get a notification that Nicola Bulley - Mortgage Adviser had sent me a FB message. Anyone else had this happen? I was viewing her business page last night. The message area was blank, just advised that if I replied she would be able to see my public posts. I don't know how business pages work. Do they send out automated messages. I'm not following, haven't liked or commented. Or might it have been fake? I deleted it.
Oh my goodness - I could actually feel that sick rush of adrenalin that you must have had when you first saw it. Hope you've recovered now!

The blue is where the bench is. The red is where the Weir is. The river is moving from left to right unless there is a big tide which comes over the Weir in which case presumably it could move the other way.

IMO the path leaves the river there and nobody other than keen anglers would be beside the river in the bow shaped section where the white writing is. Maybe there is a path but I think possibly not an adopted path.

View attachment 402762
Paths and tracks lead down to a point midway between bench and weir that isn’t visible from riverpath. At this point on google maps there is a sandbank in the river – is it fordable here? By foot or quad bike maybe?

There is a great drone video (Daily Mail) here Nicola Bulley: Desperate search continues for mother in Lancashire

The stile (which is one of the locations Willow was found at) next to the bench is visible at the 0:38 mark. Then the drone flies partly over this area. The path and quad bike(?) tracks are visible. Just before the video leaves this area at 1:28 there is an area visible on the opposite bank which could lead up to a path or track.

I love to see some detail of this area. Is it possible to then head up to the church and Hall Lane, or even the other direction towards the 'Abandoned House' and then back up to Hall Lane and where the 'red van' was supposedly parked?

Last edited:
Was she found in plain sight? Just cause I vaguely recall from previous Websleuth's threads she was found hidden in somebody's loft but that could be wrong....?

And that's exactly what PA thinks too as he said in his interview on channel 5. He thinks someone in the village knows something. He wants houses and land searched.
It has been generally assumed that the phone was left, backing the theory that NB fell into the water. However, in the absence of any body being found in the river, my alternative theory is that if NB was abducted, the phone was left BECAUSE the abductor was foresencially aware I.e. knew movements could be tracked via the phone...no point in throwing it in the bushes as would give clues to exit path taken. Just my thoughts...

This is interesting
It has been generally assumed that the phone was left, backing the theory that NB fell into the water. However, in the absence of any body being found in the river, my alternative theory is that if NB was abducted, the phone was left BECAUSE the abductor was foresencially aware I.e. knew movements could be tracked via the phone...no point in throwing it in the bushes as would give clues to exit path taken. Just my thoughts...

Why would you not throw it in the River in this scenario? Once underwater it will no longer transmit a signal and although they are saveable you would have to get it out quite quickly and even if it was recovered it would still point to the missing person being in the River.

Leaving it seems an odd choice IMO.

Have been thinking about why/if NB stopped posting on FB last December and I remembered that there was some suggestion that she may have changed her settings to private. However, all her photos are still clearly visible to me so I'm thinking that this can't be what happened. I checked the FB rules and it said something along the lines that if you aren't friends with someone and their profile is set to private, you won't be able to see anything apart from their existence and their main profile photo. So perhaps there was some other reason why NB stopped posting. JMO.

If I said to you that I’d gone to LancsPolice at the weekend and given them a map of the local area pointing out to them ditches, hedgerows and wooded areas which could be potential body deposition spots - what would you say to me?

Be honest!
I'd look at you with suspicion and ask how you know good spots to dispose of a body. ;)

Wouldn’t you chuck it in river though in this scenario

Have been thinking about why/if NB stopped posting on FB last December and I remembered that there was some suggestion that she may have changed her settings to private. However, all her photos are still clearly visible to me so I'm thinking that this can't be what happened. I checked the FB rules and it said something along the lines that if you aren't friends with someone and their profile is set to private, you won't be able to see anything apart from their existence and their main profile photo. So perhaps there was some other reason why NB stopped posting. JMO.
Changing your settings to private wont necessarily make previously public posts private - there are a number of different privacy options.

Paths and tracks lead down to a point midway between bench and weir that isn’t visible from riverpath. At this point on google maps there is a sandbank in the river – is it fordable here? By foot or quad bike maybe?

There is a great drone video (Daily Mail) here Nicola Bulley: Desperate search continues for mother in Lancashire

The stile (which is one of the locations Willow was found at) next to the bench is visible at the 0:38 mark. Then the drone flies partly over this area. The path and quad bike(?) tracks are visible. Just before the video leaves this area at 1:28 there is an area visible on the opposite bank which could lead up to a path or track.

I love to see some detail of this area. Is it possible to then head up to the church and Hall Lane, or even the other direction towards the 'Abandoned House' and then back up to Hall Lane and where the rad van was supposedly parked?

Yes, there’s a shallow point in the river between the bench and the weir which can be seen in Google maps - you can wade through that - ankle to knee deep that day at low tide according to locals, then there’s a small field to the gate and road at Hall Lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K