Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And they will regret not doing this and cordoning off the area.
They examined the scene upon arrival on Friday morning. Link has been posted 00's of times. You will find it in their replies section of their Twitter account. It was a missing person case, not a murder investigation.

This has been a very extensive investigation. They did not just focus on the river to the exclusion of everything else.
SOME of the details of their search are listed in this presser.

In the UK the laws on residing in static caravans have changed in the recent past, I'm not certain of the details. I think people are allowed to live in them many months of the year but not as a permanent or first and only home. I guess people do attempt to live in them permanently for one reason or another, it's down to the site management and the local authorities to enforce and I recall read that it became an issue during covid lockdowns.

Under site licences its generally 28 days at a time although some people flout that. Yes it was a issue in Covid and now if you own caravans you have to show each year proof of a permanent address so that doesnt happen again

I do see your point but a slip in the mud on that steep embankment is highly likely to have been visible. Speaking from experience (year I’ve fell in a lake lol), where I slipped left a very visible streak in the mud. So even if she did hit her head or something of the sort, there is likely going to be a visible sign that she fell in. Unsettled sediment on the river bed too. The short space of time that she was there to when her phone was found - there would have surely been obvious signs that something large had fell into the water. It’s very slow moving in that particular spot
But then it come back to was she just skittled by the dog so didn’t really slip but was taken off her feet. I have a video somewhere of me literally back flipping after being walloped with a staffy and half a tree. In the video not a speck of mud is moving and this is on a regularly used rugby pitch.

I have no idea if there’s sediment on the rocky ledge. Fair point!

It is slow moving until the tide pulls back out, then the undercurrent is strong and it was 9m high that day so I’m guessing it was.

Sometimes just a weird perfect storm happens.

Regarding static caravans, mobile caravans, and living wagons... in general, not specific to the nearby sites in this case, does anyone know, if the caravans are owned and furnished by people who have them paid up for on sites all year round but they are not permitted to be in permanent residence - would that mean the police have to get warrants to search each and every one or gain consent from each individual owner?

I imagine that could be tricky in terms of research, time and effort, court submissions, and / or contacting each individual person. I guess some may holiday abroad during cold UK winters, some may simply be hard to contact in general, some may be transient by nature, some may be unofficially in residence and not wish that to be known? These are all my own speculations and pondering in general. If any of these issues could arise, it would maybe be a long time before LE could establish that NB was not in a unit?

not on a holiday site though they do not That would be a mobile home park which is a different thing
I used to own a holiday caravan on in a site in Dorset. The site was compelled to close for at least 3 months of the year, partially for maintenance purposes. Caravans could not be utilised as a dwelling or used all year round because the owners would be liable for council tax. I don't know if that is applicable to all caravan sites countrywide, but suspect it is for the majority. I haven't checked out whether the rule applies to the sites in St Michaels but perhaps someone here has and can clarify?

I'm not sure why two fishermen seen near a river would look suspicious. I guess since they were seen the day before, the assumption is that they must have returned to that location the next day to kidnap Nicola?

Because they looked like they were trying to hide their faces? In what way, I wonder? Were they wearing scarves?
Is a fishing licence needed for the Wyre?

But then it come back to was she just skittled by the dog so didn’t really slip but was taken off her feet. I have a video somewhere of me literally back flipping after being walloped with a staffy and half a tree. In the video not a speck of mud is moving and this is on a regularly used rugby pitch.

It is slow moving until the tide pulls back out, then the undercurrent is strong and it was 9m high that day so I’m guessing it was.

Yes that’s a fair point. I guess nothing is impossible. I still think if she’s gone into the river, she would have been found by now. It’s all so sad and confusing isn’t it.

That video sounds like something you should send to you’ve been framed lol!

Someone earlier put the theory forward that the MP may simply have gone to the water because there was something interesting in there. People are often attracted to unusual objects.
I had a load of friends in my dinghy on the Thames when I was a teenager. We were going along normally with the outboard motor and someone spotted a dead fish in front of the boat and mentioned it to the others. All 5 kids in the boat except me rushed towards the front and the dinghy sunk and turned upside down.

Everyone was okay and saved from the water (mid summer) but it was a completely unexpected situation to be in. One minute everything normal next second dead fish and boat upside down.

If the MP went down to the river to look at something (dead fish or bird for example) and the dog rushed down excitedly it could have knocked her straight into the water.

IMO the point someone else made about a coat or a hood forming an air bubble with the face down in the water was interesting.

I used to own a holiday caravan on in a site in Dorset. The site was compelled to close for at least 3 months of the year, partially for maintenance purposes. Caravans could not be utilised as a dwelling or used all year round because the owners would be liable for council tax. I don't know if that is applicable to all caravan sites countrywide, but suspect it is for the majority. I haven't checked out whether the rule applies to the sites in St Michaels but perhaps someone here has and can clarify?
thats pretty standard to be honest :)

Someone earlier put the theory forward that the MP may simply have gone to the water because there was something interesting in there. People are often attracted to unusual objects.
I had a load of friends in my dinghy on the Thames when I was a teenager. We were going along normally with the outboard motor and someone spotted a dead fish in front of the boat and mentioned it to the others. All 5 kids in the boat except me rushed towards the front and the dinghy sunk and turned upside down.

Everyone was okay and saved from the water (mid summer) but it was a completely unexpected situation to be in. One minute everything normal next second dead fish and boat upside down.

If the MP went down to the river to look at something (dead fish or bird for example) and the dog rushed down excitedly it could have knocked her straight into the water.

IMO the point someone else made about a coat or a hood forming an air bubble with the face down in the water was interesting.
It was a very cold morning - I dunno. I somehow can't see why anybody would want to clamber down to the freezing cold river at that time of the morning to look at a bird or a fish or anything, really. JMO.

I agree
It was a very cold morning - I dunno. I somehow can't see why anybody would want to clamber down to the freezing cold river at that time of the morning to look at a bird or a fish or anything, really. JMO.
the only way I’d get anywhere near that water is if my dog went in and was in trouble. But that’s me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth