Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to harp on about this point, but the position the phone was found in seems potentially important/crucial to me - and the presser today directly contradicts the 09.33 witness's original statement ("gent comes through the gate after me and he sees a phone on the floor between the gate and the bench") AGAIN:

"Supt Smith said Willow was found untied running between the bench and gate. She said: "The mobile phone is on the bench face upwards, still logged in to the teams call, and Willows harness is halfway between the bench and the riverside." (Nicola Bulley 'moved towards bench' just before vanishing)

For goodness sake, WHICH IS IT??!!
perhaps we should be together a list of things we need clarified and send them into LE to be answered. Mind you, was that witness interview with a newspaper? If so, I wonder if that witness gave the same statement to police?

Clearly she could have had another phone or phones and any phone can be tracked if switched on but the police would have to know it existed to do that. Unless she also has secret bank accounts they haven't found they must know all her banking details. It would take some planning to buy a phone with cash and keep it topped up that way but not impossible by any means

JMO
It might only have been used occasionally and if planned for a while could have cash stashed or money from a 3rd party not in her name?

If LE consider no evidence of 3rd party, why take over the SM accounts? That seems to me like they are still proactively looking for clues.
So an outward dismissive attitude and inwardly still investigating? One can only hope.
I actually thought it was most likely an excuse for them doing the family/friends a favour by removing comments. I haven't checked it recently but some of the comments were terrible. And I'm pretty sure PA didn't have access to her FB so they've maybe just helped the family out by removing posts so the public can no longer comment.

If LE consider no evidence of 3rd party, why take over the SM accounts? That seems to me like they are still proactively looking for clues.
So an outward dismissive attitude and inwardly still investigating? One can only hope.
Presumably to have access to all her posts and messages, I'm surprised they haven't done it sooner but maybe PA knows the password and they been logged in

How is that inconsistent with no 3rd party involvement?

JMO

Sorry to harp on about this point, but the position the phone was found in seems potentially important/crucial to me - and the presser today directly contradicts the 09.33 witness's original statement ("gent comes through the gate after me and he sees a phone on the floor between the gate and the bench") AGAIN:

"Supt Smith said Willow was found untied running between the bench and gate. She said: "The mobile phone is on the bench face upwards, still logged in to the teams call, and Willows harness is halfway between the bench and the riverside." (Nicola Bulley 'moved towards bench' just before vanishing)

For goodness sake, WHICH IS IT??!!
Comparing police statements to The Infamous 'Express' will guarantee confusion.
We can work with the police statements and transcripts of the pressers and have a good sense that we are working with known facts..
A lot of the media confuse and veer far away from what has actually been stated.

Questions I would have asked:

1. Why have you not released the CCTV you have of Nicola? Or can you just confirm for the record that - aside from her own Ring doorbell footage - there is no CCTV of NB on the morning she disappeared?

2. You said there is no evidence of third party involvement or criminality. There is also no evidence of her entering the river, correct? Just to clarify then, what specifically has caused you to speculate that it is more likely she is in the river than chose to leave the area for any number of reasons?

3. I understand that you would not want to reveal specific personal vulnerabilities, but why did you leave it 3 weeks to reveal that NB was high-risk? Wouldn't have doing so increased useful public involvement in those critical early days whilst dampening unhelpful speculuation? Do you regret not releasing this information sooner?
1- why do they need to release all the cctv of her? What does it add if she's seen walking past a neighbours address or driving? What does it add? She was seen and spoken to at school and in the field by independent people.

2- the abduction theory would need so many things to go exactly to plan that it just would be so unlikely to happen. How is someone managing to get away with a body and not be seen by others in a reasonably busy area.

She had possessions found next to a river, this is the most likely place she has went. Cctv has shown she didn't leave most of the exits and they've requested dashcam for the others.

To voluntarly make yourself missing requires planning and money. Bank accounts will be checked to see if she was doing anything prior to going - withdrawing money, moving money elsewhere. Her face is out there and someone would have recognised her by now.

Providing exact reasons why they think she went in the river could be hurtful for family to see in public. You do not need to know this, the family will have been told but you have no right or need to know this other than to satisfy yourself. May sound harsh but it will not affect your life by knowing or not knowing this other than to satisfy a nosiness.

The simplest solution is usually the correct one. This is not an Agatha Christie novel, or a knives out film (for those much younger)

3- anyone who knows anything about missing persons could tell she was graded high risk given the number of officers involved. The public became involved early (some became far too involved) so no, it wouldn't have made any difference. If the police had given reasons for saying high risk then it's hurtful for her family and friends to have this released, the police will very rarely release anything specific as unfair to the individual (if they are found) and also for family.

The police tried to push the public away from speculation by speaking about her partner not being involved but it still didn't stop, it didn't stop people digging up reviews of the caravan park, or of folk stalking Nicola on Facebook, starva etc. I very much doubt they regret waiting to release this information, probably more likely that they regret that they have had to release it at all as it will be distressing for family and friends. Family will have had the investigation explained to them but they will understandably be hoping that she turns up safe and well.

It might only have been used occasionally and if planned for a while could have cash stashed or money from a 3rd party not in her name?
Absolutely possible but like all the other possible things without any evidence they are just that, possible things

I think the police need a warrant to look at social media, so perhaps that's the reason they haven't done it until now. Although I would have thought a warrant would be easy to obtain, maybe Facebook are not to easy to deal with.

They have said, multiple times, that whilst going into the river is their working hypothesis and that despite having no evidence to suggest 3rd party involvement at this point, they are still investigating all leads, possibilities and information. I would say they went to great pains to stress that all lines of inquiry remain open in that press conference.

I assumed taking over her media accounts is about the abuse aspect from random people and not in terms of tracking NB... some of the comments I have seen are terrible so it makes sense..IMO
I've been wondering if criminal action can be taken against some of them - that's if they can get the identity. There were outright accusations stated as fact - ie beyond speculating.

I think the police need a warrant to look at social media, so perhaps that's the reason they haven't done it until now. Although I would have thought a warrant would be easy to obtain, maybe Facebook are not to easy to deal with.
Pretty sure they will have executed an emergency warrant for all her social media accounts.
They can obtain this without her phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member