Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the vet’s number be on the dog tag?

Unlikely, If the dog was wearing a tag it should have the owners number.

There is only a couple of vets near St Michaels on Wyre so maybe the finder rang the one their animals were registered too.

<modsnip>
1. NB had a number of 'specific individual vulnerabilites, specific to this case and Nicola' which made her 'high risk'; but we cant tell you what they are sorry.

2. And it is because of these 'vulberabilites' our working hypothesis is that 'she went into the water'.

The way this press conference was conducted is only going to fuel further speculation, because nothing adds up or makes sense. JMO.
One would also think given that this info was provided by PA, they would be in agreement...

A link I added earlier suggested people who drown while swimming can be on the bottom of the pool within 10 seconds.

I know it is bad but not impossible you could take weights with you. Even without this drowning is fast. iMO
Thanks this is the sort of information I find useful. Do you have any knowledge/information on what happens to the body after it sinks. Will it stay there or move along the bottom or top of the water

To people saying maybe she needed insulin urgently, is that usual for diabetics? My experience is more that I'll need sugar/glucose to fix a hypo event. If I have missed  a dose of insulin or haven't taken enough, it doesn't immediately lead to blood sugar high enough to cause a medical crisis (for me as a t2, at least)
As you say, it's glucose that's needed to prevent a hypo. Longer term, having no insulin would be a problem.

LE have clearly stated today (and again) that NB did not leave the area. And that no other persons entered the area. I struggle with how that could not be any clearer? They have admitted that they'll keep other lines of inquiry open, but are still working on the basis NB did not leave the area, ergo is in the water.
They said she didn't leave the area via a number of routes covered by CCTV. However,
they can not be 100% certain that she did not leave by the river path that she entered on as the SIO confirmed there are no CCTV at this entrance or on the road right back to the school. They currently have no evidence that she left via this route but that doesn't mean that she didn't which is why they are keeping all options open. The river still being their main focus.

For those speculating that NBs 'vulnerabilities' might be epilepsy or some other neurological disorder that might have caused NB to have a seizure and fall into the river.

1. It still does not explain why they have not found her in the river.

2. And why would the police and/or family choose to keep this information private? It's not like its sensitive information that the family would want to keep private; such as martial disharmony or certain mental health conditions or addiction.
It's not like PA and his family would be like "please don't tell anyone NB had epilepsy, that would be terrible if the public found out she had epilepsy".

Would the vet’s number be on the dog tag?
I've never known that. On my dogs tags it's my number not the vets. I was more curious really about this timeline of events really not being too clear. The vets being contacted was mentioned for the first time today to my knowledge which along with the rest of the statement by this witness all seems super important to this case imo

I really hope the release of the “vulnerabilities” info isn’t just an attempt to get the media off the police’s back by implying they have good reason to focus on the river.

If PA and her family and friends thought she was vulnerable in some way, surely they would above mentioned it.

To people saying maybe she needed insulin urgently, is that usual for diabetics? My experience is more that I'll need sugar/glucose to fix a hypo event. If I have missed  a dose of insulin or haven't taken enough, it doesn't immediately lead to blood sugar high enough to cause a medical crisis (for me as a t2, at least)
It's different for everyone, but I'm a Type1 diabetic and I'm the same as you. Problems from low blood sugar requiring glucose are far more common than from high blood sugar requiring insulin.

A severe hypo could definitely cause someone to collapse and drown in a river, but I don't personally consider diabetes to be a big secret that would be euphemistically referred to as a "vulnerability." I feel NB's "vulnerabilities" must be something far more sensitive to the family than that.

For those speculating that NBs 'vulnerabilities' might be epilepsy or some other neurological disorder that might have caused NB to have a seizure and fall into the river.

1. It still does not explain why they have not found her in the river.

2. And why would the police and/or family choose to keep this information private? It's not like its sensitive information that the family would want to keep private; such as martial disharmony or certain mental health conditions or addiction.
It's not like PA and his family would be like "please don't tell anyone NB had epilepsy, that would be terrible if the public found out she had epilepsy".

IMO suicide is too much of a taboo for some people.

As many of us have suggested previously, the police have had information all along and this has shaped their position and their search very firmly.

No wonder all the interference, speculation, criticism and manic interest has not been well received.

This is now settled as a matter for the police and the family.

She could have been pregnant I suppose in 1st trimester etc, having sickness, dizzy spells.

Also she could be suffering with anaemia and be prone to fainting. I've suffered with anaemia throughout my life and when at my worst have had fainting spells.

I think the vulnerability, as to be something where they think she has gone in by accident due to a medical vulnerability.

They said she didn't leave the area via a number of routes covered by CCTV. However,
they can not be 100% certain that she did not leave by the river path that she entered on as the SIO confirmed there are no CCTV at this entrance or on the road right back to the school. They currently have no evidence that she left via this route but that doesn't mean that she didn't which is why they are keeping all options open. The river still being their main focus.
so, if there is no evidence of her leaving by that route, there is no evidence of her entering either?

I’m guessing that if it was a serious medical issue PA would have done the school run and dog walk though? More likely something ongoing or something non medical IMO.
Not necessarily. I know someone got a diagnosis of terminal cancer after experiencing what he thought were trivial symptoms. He still goes to his allotment.

One would also think given that this info was provided by PA, they would be in agreement...
Not necessarily. Sometimes people aren’t rational. It might be easier to think that she is alive somewhere hidden, or that she didn’t leave them voluntarily.

I think it can be hard for loved ones to process self harm or fatal accident, well obviously it is.

This might seem a strange suggestion but when Police say that they still believe she has probably 'entered' the river, could she have placed the phone and harness on the bench and bank. Then waded across to the other side and disappeared into the countryside on the other side? It might sound weird but could Nicola have wanted to get to a quiet spot away from witnesses? The Police would likely to have searched a wider area i am sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member