Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no idea...does it cause depression? This news is so sad :(
It is horrible for some of us. The drop in hormones causes all sorts of symptoms, depression, anxiety, loss of self esteem, insecurity, hair loss, hot flushes, weight gain,suicidal thoughts, irregular heavy bleeding that can even go through clothes making it difficult to work. For most women, HRT can resolve this but it takes several months to work & some women can't take it depending on other health conditions. Many have to stop working altogether. The drop in oxytocin is the hormone that makes you care about other people. I went through a period of wanting to run away & leave my family & it was all because of hormones. Thankfully I am now on HRT.

I don’t think they needed to release this information. I can see how it may stop speculation but it’s so personal. IMO.
That’s true but maybe something will come of it, and it may possibly be the thought behind it - to raise awareness to perimenopause and menopause and unique emotional and psychological effects and toll

ADMIN NOTE:

LE has now indicated that NB was deemed high risk "following the information that was provided to the police by her partner Paul and based on a number of specific vulnerabilities that we were made aware of" LE themselves have opened up speculation in regard to personal reasons NB may have disappeared.

Additionally, a reporter has indicated they are aware of what those vulnerabilities are, so we do now know they exist. The fact that LE has specified they exist but is not addressing them further is certainly not going to discourage speculation as to what may have happened. Had they said nothing in that regard, it would be status quo here at WS, but based on their comments, we are opening up discussion of the possibility that NB may have disappeared voluntarily or possibly committed suicide.

Discussion and speculation of what those vulnerabilities may consist of or what they may have resulted in (i.e. voluntarily missing or suicide) is allowed but at all times members must remain respectful and refrain from unnecessary graphic details of what you think may have happened.

Any questions, please use the Report feature to ask and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
While I was typing ^^ it seems LE was talking ;)

Just adding after the fact that LE has obviously now released that those vulnerabilities are related specifically to alcohol and menopause.

But you folks already know that.

As I've said my sister turned to alcohol due to postnatal depression that wasn't dealt with. She used drink to self medicate. Alcoholics hide drink and can appear sober cos their bodies get used to high intakes. My sister got very aggressive with my brother in law and he hid it for a long time but Police were called on several occasions. A lot of people mentioned that when PA was interviewed on Channel 5 it looked like he had a mark under his eye.. What I do find strange is that PA said the house was very organised on the morning she disappeared, which (from my experience with my sister who wouldn't cope with normal household chores if intoxicated) says to me NB was having a good day. I'm also somewhat surprised that PA would have let her drive with the children if he thought she wasn't fit to drive. I know my brother in law started to take the children to school because he didn't trust my sister to do it and in fairness she wouldn't have driven anyway, the kids were her life, which appears to be the case with NB. So I suppose I find it puzzling still how this would have affected her near the river. She was obviously sober enough to text her friend about a play date etc and to sign into a teams meeting. I still somehow can't see her being in the water but JMO.
I've lost two close family members to accidental death in separate incidents. Both were chronically alcohol dependent. Neither were intoxicated at the time of their deaths.

It is horrible for some of us. The drop in hormones causes all sorts of symptoms, depression, anxiety, loss of self esteem, insecurity, hair loss, hot flushes, weight gain,suicidal thoughts, irregular heavy bleeding that can even go through clothes making it difficult to work. For most women, HRT can resolve this but it takes several months to work & some women can't take it depending on other health conditions. Many have to stop working altogether. The drop in oxytocin is the hormone that makes you care about other people. I went through a period of wanting to run away & leave my family & it was all because of hormones. Thankfully I am now on HRT.
Thank God for HRT, it's a life changer!

I don’t think they needed to release this information. I can see how it may stop speculation but it’s so personal. IMO.
I think they had to.

Even if for mob control purposes and there are mobs. And they are doing actual harm.

The truth is that up to now everybody has been looking for a healthy happy woman in the full of her health. Making rational decisions. In full control of her life.

She wasn't there.
She was not in that happy place.
People needed to be told. IMO
<modsnip: not an approved source>

It might help the next alcoholic, or woman struggling with menopause. It might help their families to give their relative the help they need. We need to be more honest as a society about our struggles, IMO.

Hypothetically speaking, alcohol could certainly have impaired her judgement on that day, which IMO is why the police believe she came to end up in the water.

JMO but I think this explains NB’s overly active social media activity too - unfortunately it’s often the way with those who are suffering so much.

Just a horrible incident all round for the family. No doubt they hoped that she’d have been found by now, so that this wouldn’t have needed to have come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro