Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lost two close family members to accidental death in separate incidents. Both were chronically alcohol dependent. Neither were intoxicated at the time of their deaths.

A lot of people probably don't realise that if you are an alcoholic you don't have to actually have been drinking recently for it to impact your behaviour.

I'm guessing people would assume from all this that the missing person was drunk but this very likely to not be the case.

In fact I would suggest that the chances of coming to harm through accidents is higher when not intoxicated if the person is a known alcoholic.

No figures or links for this and it is strictly IMO.

Morning after drinking a lot comes to mind.

I doubt she was under the influence of alcohol if she drove the children to school.

And no evidence of an empty alcohol bottle in the fields, by the river, or the bench.

Nicola may well have been 100% sober that morning.
I know a recovering alcoholic (not saying NB was one but clearly she has serious issues with alcohol) and from their own mouth they would never leave alcohol bottles laying around like that. They used to hide bottles in wellies, behind the fridge, in cereal boxes etc. They also kept a full time job while doing this. They went through portions of the day sober but their mind and mental health was in a complete spiral. Perhaps NB was sadly in the same situation.

People who are depressed - and especially those with thoughts of suicide - do not always act in a way we'd consider rational. They also sometimes act on the spur of the moment.

To stop and tie the dog up before jumping in the river would require you to stop, think through your actions, the likely consequences, and have concern for your dog's safety all while acting, potentially impulsively, to take your own life.
I see what you are saying but ... literally 20 minutes before she had been engaging with passersby, logging into a Teams call, etc. -- it's difficult to see how one could swing from ordinary everyday routine (removing dog harness in field, etc.) to completely irrational and uncaring about the dog's fate, in a matter of fewer than 20 minutes.

Very perplexing.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> I’m not totally surprised at this. None of us here know why she drank, and it may have been a combination of factors ( if she did). We just don’t know what goes on within a family. We only know what we are told and I don’t always believe what I’m told. Psychology

I see what you are saying but ... literally 20 minutes before she had been engaging with passersby, logging into a Teams call, etc. -- it's difficult to see how one could swing from ordinary everyday routine (removing dog harness in field, etc.) to completely irrational and uncaring about the dog's fate, in a matter of fewer than 20 minutes.

Very perplexing.
Trust me, when you're going through the menopause, nothing is rational as your hormones are all over the place.

An interesting question to ask here is why would it be relevant ?

I know the internet is reshaping humans and it is happening fast but seriously. Why would a missing person having an alcohol problem be relevant to anyone ?
Well because the LE said she probably fell & drowned in the river when there was no evidence to suggest this, her fate could of been anything from committing suicide to sunning herself on a beach knocking back cocktails

hi guys, I haven't posted about NB here yet but I've been following the news.
Just wondering if she intended to end her life that morning, why go on the teams call? why bring the dog? Just makes me think she didn't want anyone to find her/or find out what happened. This could've all been planned to a T and these things were done to make people think she was in her right mind.
I'm actually glad these details about her personal life have come out, as sad as it is it does shed light on the situation more and the police being adament she's in the water. I understand depression and alcoholism and I really feel for that family today. Hoping they get answers soon

Well knock me down with a feather. Poor Nicola, menopause is damn tough on us, more so some than others, and it sounds like she had the rough end. I hope something positive comes from this i.e. raising awareness of the struggles of menopause.

My heart goes out to Nicola’s family and friends.

<modsnip: personalizing > When you’re consumed by it, any thoughts of the dog would not be on your radar

Agreed. I love dogs, and I can’t imagine in my rightful mind I’d leave one in any circumstance that would make them vulnerable, but I also suffer from mental health issues and I absolutely know that my brain can go to places in terms of catastrophising that would take over from any rational thought. It’s awful to go through, and while we don’t know if NB did go through it that day, if she did I’d imagine it would have been all consuming.

Very perplexing.
Maybe the Teams meeting was the trigger - a display of total futility perhaps

Very perplexing.
Yes.. too odd to be true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members