Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO - If the police do not want to release the information it is clearly out of respect for her and her family. I don't think illness / medication would be hurtful if made public. I feel it's more like mental health, addiction or relationship issues of some sort.

It's strange though that in the channel 5 documentary her partner didn't feel like she would ever voluntarily leave Willow alone as she saw her as their 3rd child.
No one knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Having lost someone to suicide (and also been there myself) I’m aware of how it works most of the time. It’s possible. But not probable. IMO it’s highly unlikely she would go in the calm, slow river to commit suicide. Even if she did, how on earth does one do so in a such a shallow river too? The body’s response is to fight it - even if it’s something you want.
I’m reluctant to go into detail but it happens. A good swimmer, assuming they don’t have a cardiac condition, can swim in very cold water for a minute or so until they fail to swim, at which point it’s too late to rescue yourself.

I remember someone quoting that Nicola would "do anything for that dog." I very much doubt she would choose to leave him alone in the field. If she wanted to take her own life there are numerous ways to go about it without it affecting the safety of a dog which she treated "like a third child."
I guess in that moment not much else matters, although I have no idea what the thought process would be like.

If she did take her own life or accidently fall in, I don't suppose there will be any way to determine which one it was? We might never know the answer as to why.

I guess someone who wanted to end things might go off to a quiet place with some pills?
Yes I think she may have gone elsewhere (avoiding cctv) - perhaps she didn’t want to be found by family members/friends and didn’t want to do anything in front of her beloved Willow. God it’s so sad. I can attest to having MH problems (if that’s what it is) so it’s quite upsetting if this is what happened. JMO.

I think 'vulnerabilities' does imply that and the police must surely know that's how it will be taken by many. Imo if it was something less sensitive such as forgetting to take insulin, it could have been stated. But like you I find it puzzling - including leaving the dog loose.
We knew ages ago that it was high risk.
We did not know why.
We considered proximity to river and other geographical realities as contributing to this designation.
We did not have access then to whether personal information informed this decision.
We do now know this to be the case.
police are bound by law to preserve personal information about missing people.

Re: Today's press conference.

LP have stated that Nicola carries her phone in her hand whilst on teams calls (corroborated by witness).
LP have also stated that the phone was found on the bench, with the harness/lead found halfway between the bench and the river itself.

This strongly suggests to me that NB had sat on the bench to reattach Willow's harness, placing the phone on the bench beside her in the process to free up her hands. There is no great distance between the bench and the bank of the river so I could very much picture the harness being dropped on the ground in front of the bench where NB was attempting to reattach it.
The question is then, what caused the failure in reattaching the harness before NB vanished?

IMO, the most likely explanation is that something caused Willow to bolt. This would explain NB dropping the harness in situ to pursue Willow, possibly stumbling in the process and falling into the river which is in the direction NB would be facing at the time.
The route is one that was taken regularly by NB and Willow, and I'd imagine that the bench was the usual convenient spot for reattaching the harness. Perhaps something occurred on this particular day that spooked Willow. The most likely explanation for this I would imagine would be another, unfamiliar dog. In which case we may have a key witness that has not come forward - perhaps (in their mind) for very good reason!

If this had happened and the witness saw the event they may have called the police as an anonymous. If they gave enough detail this would presumably be adequate for the police to strongly believe the missing person did end up in the River.

ETA a history of fainting when standing from a seated position could be a specific vulnerability. Hypotension ?

Having lost someone to suicide (and also been there myself) I’m aware of how it works most of the time. It’s possible. But not probable. IMO it’s highly unlikely she would go in the calm, slow river to commit suicide. Even if she did, how on earth does one do so in a such a shallow river too? The body’s response is to fight it - even if it’s something you want.

100%, I know so many people who have made attempts and / or succeeded and the things they have done are extreme and horrific.

IMO nobody's going to take such a huge step in their life to decide to end it and leave their family behind and think 'well i'll just jump in this river and see what happens'

Also, as we have been repeatedly told, NB dying in the river depends on her having been disabled / knocked out from hitting the rock. If she threw herself in, she's not going to hit the rock and be knocked unconscious as if someone else threw her in. JMO MOO

I agree drowning oneself in a river must be a very difficult thing to do but my comment was in relation to you saying it was unlikely to be suicide because she'd arranged a playdate, it's common for suicidal people to make future plans

I did get the impression that the police were aware of some issues, perhaps related to stress, financial issues or mental health, without them actually saying that. Is that how it sounded to others, from the early part of the detectives speech?
Yes. In fact the last press conf also mentioned “sensitivities.”

The specific vulnerabilities could be MH related hence wanting them to remain private but still point to a non intentional drowning, there are some MH diagnosis and/or medication that might (at a specific time in their illness) lead someone to be more prone to poor decision making, risk taking behaviour, misjudging risks etc.
Yeahhh that's the thing, it still could have been an accident disregarding these vulnerabilities for whatever reason. Could have been anxiety, depression, eating disorder, BPD... so many things.

If this had happened and the witness saw the event they may have called the police as an anonymous. If they gave enough detail this would presumably be adequate for the police to strongly believe the missing person did end up in the River.

ETA a history of fainting when standing from a seated position could be a specific vulnerability. Hypotension ?
Yes I questioned whether a witness saw her fall in the river. JMO.

This may be why family are appealing to her to come home too. I really hope she is still out there somewhere thinking things through. JMO.

The only thing I don’t understand is why are family members still wanting land, buildings etc searched if they are of the belief it may be related to vulnerability. I guess it’s just hard to take as a family member. JMO.
Maybe because she didn't end things in the river as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nirvanita55