Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I have been lurking on this thread since the very beginning but decided that today I will comment. Throughout this investigation, I have always believed that this disappearance was planned whether it was planned because NB committed suicide or whether it was planned because somebody had her taken or even worse than that. Finding out NB had vulnerabilities is now leading me to believe she may have had some sort of end-of-life illness and thought it would be kinder on her husband and children to just disappear somewhere or end her own life instead of seeing her suffering. This of course is all IMO, but everything leading up to her disappearance seemed like it was all to do with planning on not being around much longer, whether that’s disappearing or via suicide. The email to the boss joining ,the teams meeting, placing the phone on the bench taking the dog for one final walk. There was a case in Newcastle a few years ago, where a seemingly happy elderly lady walked for miles and climbed into the river Tyne and swam until the current took her under. No one realised this until unfortunately her body washed-up about three months later and cctv footage showed her climbing in, it was found that she had been told she had a terminal illness days prior.

I wonder what Nicola wrote in that email to her boss? I was struck that she composed it whilst walking in the field. I don't know, maybe it's just my granny fingers and fuddled brain, but I couldn't write an email on a phone screen whilst standing up or walking. I type with one finger, but I saw a woman using her thumbs the other day and she was super fast. I feel very old after typing that... especially as it took me ages....

After watching the press conference today I'm even more convinced the police need to home in on the window between 9.20 and 9.33,and then possibly between 9.33 and them turning up at the scene.
For me, they need to establish whether a body can be seen in the water, how far it can move in the time before searches began and whether the person finding the dog checked the river.
I'm no expert on this, but surely dropping a mannequin of the same height, weight and build of NB would establish this.
If as I suspect this shows it can't move far, then it is time to look more closely at alternatives

This is exactly what I am querying.

Is this the same person? Or have they amalgamated 2 different witness statements to 1) protect their identity and 2) because of the confusion over timings? See my previous post where there is a 10:15am witness account.

Well I think they’ve amalgamated witness statements at 9.33 because in one of the earlier press conferences Riley mentioned lady x who found the phone and dog in conversation with other walkers. Then the other walkers disappearEd. As to the others I don’t know.

Hi all, I have been lurking on this thread since the very beginning but decided that today I will comment. Throughout this investigation, I have always believed that this disappearance was planned whether it was planned because NB committed suicide or whether it was planned because somebody had her taken or even worse than that. Finding out NB had vulnerabilities is now leading me to believe she may have had some sort of end-of-life illness and thought it would be kinder on her husband and children to just disappear somewhere or end her own life instead of seeing her suffering. This of course is all IMO, but everything leading up to her disappearance seemed like it was all to do with planning on not being around much longer, whether that’s disappearing or via suicide. The email to the boss joining ,the teams meeting, placing the phone on the bench taking the dog for one final walk. There was a case in Newcastle a few years ago, where a seemingly happy elderly lady walked for miles and climbed into the river Tyne and swam until the current took her under. No one realised this until unfortunately her body washed-up about three months later and cctv footage showed her climbing in, it was found that she had been told she had a terminal illness days prior.
I haven't yet commented on my theory, bit of a coward i guess, however after reading your post i had to come forward and agree with you, this has also been my theory from the start. Just my gut feeling, i could well be wrong JMO

Last edited:
After watching the press conference today I'm even more convinced the police need to home in on the window between 9.20 and 9.33,and then possibly between 9.33 and them turning up at the scene.
For me, they need to establish whether a body can be seen in the water, how far it can move in the time before searches began and whether the person finding the dog checked the river.
I'm no expert on this, but surely dropping a mannequin of the same height, weight and build of NB would establish this.
If as I suspect this shows it can't move far, then it is time to look more closely at alternatives

A mannequin of the same weight would float, just like a heavy log.

It’s the inhalation of water that makes bodies sink.

There could be something in that, I questioned some things I found strange in a previous post which got removed and your suggestion ties in with what I found strange

A link I added earlier suggested people who drown while swimming can be on the bottom of the pool within 10 seconds.

I know it is bad but not impossible you could take weights with you. Even without this drowning is fast. iMO

Regardless of how well friends and family know someone, no one really knows what goes on behind closed doors in a relationship apart from the people themselves. On the exterior, a couple or family can appear so happy ever after on the outside to friends, an over glossed lifestyle often trying to keep up with others but on the inside, cracks appear and relationships crumble. I do wonder what state of mind she was in the night before and the morning she went missing. Someone who is perfectly fit and healthy could easily be deemed vulnerable and high risk if they had just received some bad news or had a shock, an intense argument or a marriage breakdown for instance.
All we know is from her parents who picked the girls up after school and looked after them whilst Nicola met her boss and then got home snd asked them to stay on whilst she had an important zoom meeting. PA must have been out somewhere?
Her parents said she was upbeat about the new mortgage business. We don’t know how she was that evening when PA got home.

I wonder what Nicola wrote in that email to her boss? I was struck that she composed it whilst walking in the field. I don't know, maybe it's just my granny fingers and fuddled brain, but I couldn't write an email on a phone screen whilst standing up or walking. I type with one finger, but I saw a woman using her thumbs the other day and she was super fast. I feel very old after typing that... especially as it took me ages....
Agreed... I'm the same I need to sit down or at least stop walking to concentrate on writing an email... maybe not a jokey text to a mate but a work email which is more professional ... maybe we are just oldies though!!

We don't know that. It could have been composed earlier but not sent until later

Maybe something as simple as checking whether the Teams meet was going ahead as planned?

Yes it’s not easy for us non-thumb typists! But even so, I often send texts and emails whilst out and about and I’m not the most proficient … so I really don’t think Nicola would’ve had a problem doing this..

Very possible of course, but presumably NB's doctor would have been contacted very early on. If, for example, NB has recently been given a breast cancer diagnosis then the police would by now be in possession of that fact. However, what they'd choose to do with that information (if anything) is less clear. It's possible this kind of thing plays into the 'vulnerable set of circumstances' or whatever it was the SIO said, but because the terminology is so vague we simply don't know.

Apologies if this has been mentioned today already, but the specific vulnerabilities aspect has cleared up in my mind why PA was concerned when NB didn't return from her walk as expected and did not pick up her fone etc when he called (this from the DW interview Ch5) He then dressed in his gym kit and was about to leave the house to find her when he got the call from the school. Someone an hour late back from a dog walk in the day time would not have rung any alarm bells for me...but PA was concerned enough to go out and look for NB...that now makes sense if NB was deemed vulnerable in some way. All JMO obviously.

Most people when thinking about NBs vulnerabilities are going down the MH route but maybe her vulnerability is something like epilepsy which could mean if she had a fit she could very likely end up in the water by accident JMO
If she had epilepsy, I'm not sure she'd be permitted to drive. However, it did cross my mind that perhaps she has some form of terminal cancer. This would certainly fit within 'vulnerabilities' as well as explain the Marie Curie post on her SM as well as the general lack of SM interaction over the last few months. A brain tumour could certainly trigger some kind of change of behaviour/seizure which could result in NB entering the river either intentionally or otherwise. It may also be why the particular 'vulnerability' has never been made public - I suspect that if a diagnosis was relatively recent, they probably haven't informed the children yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper