Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A link I added earlier suggested people who drown while swimming can be on the bottom of the pool within 10 seconds.

I know it is bad but not impossible you could take weights with you. Even without this drowning is fast. iMO
On the weights point, see Virginia Woolf.

Using weights would presumably mean a body wouldn't move much from where it sank though.

<modsnip>
1. NB had a number of 'specific individual vulnerabilites, specific to this case and Nicola' which made her 'high risk'; but we cant tell you what they are sorry.

2. And it is because of these 'vulberabilites' our working hypothesis is that 'she went into the water'.

The way this press conference was conducted is only going to fuel further speculation, because nothing adds up or makes sense. JMO.

Most people when thinking about NBs vulnerabilities are going down the MH route but maybe her vulnerability is something like epilepsy which could mean if she had a fit she could very likely end up in the water by accident JMO
I agree she could possibly have a medical condition that required medication, ie epilepsy or diabetes. But I don’t see why they wouldn’t release that sort of information; especially as it may help if they thought she was out there somewhere needing help/assistance. Which is why IMO there’s more deeply personal, sensitive or potentially upsetting elements to her vulnerabilities that LE and or her family don’t want to be public knowledge.

Can anyone clarify as I'm still confused and found todays press statement wasnt really any clearer explained than the last presser with regards the 09.33 to 10.50 segment of the timeline . The person(s) who found the dog/phone/ harness who was originally in a rush to attend a meeting/appointment so tied the dog up with string/rope/the dogs leash(unclear) to bench despite dog found running agitated between gate and bench before her ringing her dil who rang the school who alerted PA. Now includes further statement to include they also rang a vet (who couldnt help )prior to contacting dil ?
Would the vet’s number be on the dog tag?

There are also suggested replies at the bottom of gmail emails that just require you to click rather than compose a bespoke reply
I always think these look like e-stalking by a multinational corporation.

Reactions: bos
If she had epilepsy, I'm not sure she'd be permitted to drive. However, it did cross my mind that perhaps she has some form of terminal cancer. This would certainly fit within 'vulnerabilities' as well as explain the Marie Curie post on her SM as well as the general lack of SM interaction over the last few months. A brain tumour could certainly trigger some kind of change of behaviour/seizure which could result in NB entering the river either intentionally or otherwise. It may also be why the particular 'vulnerability' has never been made public - I suspect that if a diagnosis was relatively recent, they probably haven't informed the children yet.

I’m not in England, but I do have epilepsy and am allowed to drive, as mine is well-controlled with medication.

But I was also thinking along those lines, as in what if she had a condition that could have suddenly affected her, causing her to fall in? Epilepsy or vertigo come to mind. Would these be “specific vulnerabilities”?

My over-riding feeling after today is that the scenario of accidentally falling into the river seems the least likely of all now.
I’m not sure that was the aim of the press conference though…l

On the weights point, see Virginia Woolf.

Using weights would presumably mean a body wouldn't move much from where it sank though.
Woolf used stones in her pockets to ensure she wouldn't surface. Unfortunately she didn't foresee being caught up in the bridge at Southease, where some schoolboys came across her body three weeks later.

Apologies if this has been mentioned today already, but the specific vulnerabilities aspect has cleared up in my mind why PA was concerned when NB didn't return from her walk as expected and did not pick up her fone etc when he called (this from the DW interview Ch5) He then dressed in his gym kit and was about to leave the house to find her when he got the call from the school. Someone an hour late back from a dog walk in the day time would not have rung any alarm bells for me...but PA was concerned enough to go out and look for NB...that now makes sense if NB was deemed vulnerable in some way. All JMO obviously.
I used to get worried when a partner was late home walking the dog because they were insulin dependent diabetic.

The zoom call feels like a pertinent bit of information. Mid meeting and phone is set down. What happened in that meeting and why the need to meet with her boss the night before? All points that family may not be privvy to.

A “set” of vulnerabilities speaks to recent events rather than ongoing state of mind. JMO.
I think a few things are getting muddled here. The Zoom call was with a client, the night before. The meeting with her boss was before that, in the daytime.
It was a Teams call on the morning of her disappearance - a collective one with multiple work colleagues.
(No specific link provided as these points have been repeatedly reported in MSM & police timelines.)

Edited to add a link anyway: Police reveal the three conversations Nicola Bulley had before vanishing

Last edited:
To people saying maybe she needed insulin urgently, is that usual for diabetics? My experience is more that I'll need sugar/glucose to fix a hypo event. If I have missed  a dose of insulin or haven't taken enough, it doesn't immediately lead to blood sugar high enough to cause a medical crisis (for me as a t2, at least)

I’m not in England, but I do have epilepsy and am allowed to drive, as mine is well-controlled with medication.

But I was also thinking along those lines, as in what if she had a condition that could have suddenly affected her, causing her to fall in? Epilepsy or vertigo come to mind. Would these be “specific vulnerabilities”?
My ex-husband had grand mal seizures and if he had had one near the edge of a river, he would almost certainly be dead.

Did anyone else notice that during the press conference, whenever discussing their 'main working hypothesis', they only refer to NB 'entering the river or ' going into the river'; not that she actually drownd in the river or is still in the river.

Maybe they are just being sensitive with the way they word things? IDK!

All we know is from her parents who picked the girls up after school and looked after them whilst Nicola met her boss and then got home snd asked them to stay on whilst she had an important zoom meeting. PA must have been out somewhere?
Her parents said she was upbeat about the new mortgage business. We don’t know how she was that evening when PA got home.
PA works from home (as does N), so it is likely he was there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston