Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This might seem a strange suggestion but when Police say that they still believe she has probably 'entered' the river, could she have placed the phone and harness on the bench and bank. Then waded across to the other side and disappeared into the countryside on the other side? It might sound weird but could Nicola have wanted to get to a quiet spot away from witnesses? The Police would likely to have searched a wider area i am sure though.
If you check the timeline from Lancashire Police it can be seen that ground searches were fairly swift and you'd like to think appropriate given time she had been missing and expected speed over any given terrain etc.
I'm sure those WS'ers with Search and Rescue backgrounds will be able to confirm how land searches are arranged and conducted with regards likely direction of travel and distances etc.

Not necessarily. I know someone got a diagnosis of terminal cancer after experiencing what he thought were trivial symptoms. He still goes to his allotment.
One of my uncles killed himself because his cancer had gone into remission. He was told he only had a short time to live, dealt with it then when the doctors said he was going to be okay he hanged himself. He was ready to go.

People's brains work in all sorts of different ways.

For those speculating that NBs 'vulnerabilities' might be epilepsy or some other neurological disorder that might have caused NB to have a seizure and fall into the river.

1. It still does not explain why they have not found her in the river.

2. And why would the police and/or family choose to keep this information private? It's not like its sensitive information that the family would want to keep private; such as martial disharmony or certain mental health conditions or addiction.
It's not like PA and his family would be like "please don't tell anyone NB had epilepsy, that would be terrible if the public found out she had epilepsy".

I can only think its maybe depression or mental breakdown..nothing else seems to be consistent with her going in the river AND not wanting to elaborate. Correct me if there is another theory that fits this? The way in which the police respond also to the Q of what are the vulnerabilities is that they "wish the public/media to respect the family who are going through unimaginable pain and distress". IMO to mention this also points to suicide. MOO.

Not necessarily. Sometimes people aren’t rational. It might be easier to think that she is alive somewhere hidden, or that she didn’t leave them voluntarily.

I think it can be hard for loved ones to process self harm or fatal accident, well obviously it is.
Agreed. Given they can't know for certain yet, you'd hold on to that 1% chance of getting her back alive, even if you are presented with evidence that tells you that's incredibly unlikely. Poor family.

This might seem a strange suggestion but when Police say that they still believe she has probably 'entered' the river, could she have placed the phone and harness on the bench and bank. Then waded across to the other side and disappeared into the countryside on the other side? It might sound weird but could Nicola have wanted to get to a quiet spot away from witnesses? The Police would likely to have searched a wider area i am sure though.
They did a pretty comprehensive search immediately

On the release for todays press conference, there is no mention on it for 8.50 witness.
Sorry I wasn't clearer but I couldn't find a way to link the twitter post
Ok, got you, I was originally replying to philthesaddler in regard to the timeline in The Times he posted. No foul, no harm (or is it no harm, no foul, I’ve just realised I don’t know how that saying goes)

Well it's started. Just google her name and most of the media headlines seem to be focussing on the vulnerabilities issue.
Indeed. This is unfortunately what was going to happen. The police for one reason or another found themselves in a bind where they had to reveal more than they would have liked to go tackle that speculation but without revealing too much to impede the investigation. As a result it’s led to further speculation, the very thing that they didn’t want to happen. A real tough one for LE but the case has gained so much attention that they’re under so much public scrutiny.

I can only think its maybe depression or mental breakdown..nothing else seems to be consistent with her going in the river AND not wanting to elaborate. Correct me if there is another theory that fits this? The way in which the police respond also to the Q of what are the vulnerabilities is that they "wish the public/media to respect the family who are going through unimaginable pain and distress". IMO to mention this also points to suicide. MOO.
The vulnerability might be a history of self harm

Eye witnesses place her in the field, unless they are wrong.
However the dog was definitely there, and if taken by someone else, how did that person leave ?
I honestly have no idea, but from the police timeline, the first witness to see NB isnt mentioned anymore, just the 9.10 witness.
Then the 9.33 witness has become something other than was reported.
Its 20 days, there were very few witnesses, I'm not really understanding why the timeline is changing with so few witnesses to interview from the fields?

But now we in effect have one witness on that most recent timeline who has seen Nicola?
yes her phone was there and yes the dog was there but we are seemingly down to one sighting which if I am not mistaken was reported as being from a distance?

Hi all, I have been lurking on this thread since the very beginning but decided that today I will comment. Throughout this investigation, I have always believed that this disappearance was planned whether it was planned because NB committed suicide or whether it was planned because somebody had her taken or even worse than that. Finding out NB had vulnerabilities is now leading me to believe she may have had some sort of end-of-life illness and thought it would be kinder on her husband and children to just disappear somewhere or end her own life instead of seeing her suffering. This of course is all IMO, but everything leading up to her disappearance seemed like it was all to do with planning on not being around much longer, whether that’s disappearing or via suicide. The email to the boss joining ,the teams meeting, placing the phone on the bench taking the dog for one final walk. There was a case in Newcastle a few years ago, where a seemingly happy elderly lady walked for miles and climbed into the river Tyne and swam until the current took her under. No one realised this until unfortunately her body washed-up about three months later and cctv footage showed her climbing in, it was found that she had been told she had a terminal illness days prior.
I think the case you're referring to was Sally Allan. She wasn't seen actually going into the river, she was seen going under a bridge (Newcastle Swing Bridge) and not coming out the other side, nor returning the way she'd come. She'd apparently acted as normal during the day, which was Boxing Day, but left during the night unknown to her family. While she left a note, there was no terminal illness diagnosis, nor any known health issues. It was about two months before she was found, around 6 miles down the river.

I honestly have no idea, but from the police timeline, the first witness to see NB isnt mentioned anymore, just the 9.10 witness.
Then the 9.33 witness has become something other than was reported.
Its 20 days, there were very few witnesses, I'm not really understanding why the timeline is changing with so few witnesses to interview from the fields?

But now we in effect have one witness on that most recent timeline who has seen Nicola?
yes her phone was there and yes the dog was there but we are seemingly down to one sighting which if I am not mistaken was reported as being from a distance?
The simplest solution is usually the correct one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members