Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

StillDiggin

Reaction score
#MISSING | Have you seen Nicola Bulley, who has gone missing from home in Inskip?

Nicola, 45, was last seen at around 9.15am today (Friday, January 27th) on the footpath by the river off Garstang Road in St Michael’s on Wyre.

She is described as white, 5ft 3ins tall, with light brown shoulder-length hair. She speaks with an Essex accent.

She was last seen wearing a long black gilet jacket with a hood, black jeans and olive green ankle wellies. Her hair was tied into a ponytail.

Immediately prior to going missing she was walking her dog, described as a brown-coloured Spaniel. Although the dog has since been found close to where we believe Nicola was last seen, we hope this might help jog the memory of anybody who saw her at around the same time and who may have information about where she was going.
Lancashire Police

Nicola Jane Bulley FB page
Nikki Bulley - Mortgage Adviser - FB page
Nikki Bulley - Strava Runner Profile page

Media, Maps & Timeline *NO DISCUSSION* THREAD

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9
Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13

3 Feb 2023

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here.

All members are expected to familiarize themselves with Websleuths rules found here, and also linked in my signature.

We aren't going to reinvent the wheel by repeat posting of all the rules, reminders, the Dos and Don'ts.

Additionally, links to and discussion of fundraising is not allowed unless it is a fundraiser run by close friends or family AND even then, the only thing allowed is a possible snippet of a previously unknown fact regarding the specifics of the case itself (i.e. wearing black sneakers, or ??). The actual $ figures and how it is progressing or not are off limits.

ADMIN NOTE:

LE has now indicated that NB was deemed high risk "following the information that was provided to the police by her partner Paul and based on a number of specific vulnerabilities that we were made aware of" LE themselves have opened up speculation in regard to personal reasons NB may have disappeared.

Additionally, a reporter has indicated they are aware of what those vulnerabilities are, so we do now know they exist. The fact that LE has specified they exist but is not addressing them further is certainly not going to discourage speculation as to what may have happened. Had they said nothing in that regard, it would be status quo here at WS, but based on their comments, we are opening up discussion of the possibility that NB may have disappeared voluntarily or possibly committed suicide.

Discussion and speculation of what those vulnerabilities may consist of or what they may have resulted in (i.e. voluntarily missing or suicide) is allowed but at all times members must remain respectful and refrain from unnecessary graphic details of what you think may have happened.

Any questions, please use the Report feature to ask and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

ADMIN NOTE:

LE has now indicated that NB was deemed high risk "following the information that was provided to the police by her partner Paul and based on a number of specific vulnerabilities that we were made aware of" LE themselves have opened up speculation in regard to personal reasons NB may have disappeared.

Additionally, a reporter has indicated they are aware of what those vulnerabilities are, so we do now know they exist. The fact that LE has specified they exist but is not addressing them further is certainly not going to discourage speculation as to what may have happened. Had they said nothing in that regard, it would be status quo here at WS, but based on their comments, we are opening up discussion of the possibility that NB may have disappeared voluntarily or possibly committed suicide.

Discussion and speculation of what those vulnerabilities may consist of or what they may have resulted in (i.e. voluntarily missing or suicide) is allowed but at all times members must remain respectful and refrain from unnecessary graphic details of what you think may have happened.

Any questions, please use the Report feature to ask and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
While I was typing ^^ it seems LE was talking ;)

Just adding after the fact that LE has obviously now released that those vulnerabilities are related specifically to alcohol and menopause.

But you folks already know that.

ADMIN NOTE:

There have been far too many rude and personalizing comments we have had to remove from this discussion.

If members don't know how to post civilly, respectfully without making snide and flat-out rude comments toward others members, we can't help you understand.

From now on ZERO TOLERANCE. There will be a minimum 1 day Time Out for rudeness and personalizing.

Apologies if this has already been brought up, but this forum is so fast moving I can’t possibly scroll all the previous posts since I was last on here this morning.

I watched the police press conference and felt the police were being as open to the public as possible. When they said NB was vulnerable, it made sense why they acted so quickly in searching for her. That raises many questions that aren’t our business, but it does shed a possible new light on her disappearance - which we’ve all been following as it’s so high profile.

During the broadcast, the police officer, Becky, mentioned NB’s social media and said that the tech investigators are doing searches on it. She then went on to say that “there may be a possibility that NIcola has been online”. I thought I’d misheard and so replayed it, and she defintely said that.

She starts saying it at 18:16 minutes in the video. I have attached an image of the paused video, but I’m not sure it will show on here as a message says the file is too big. If it doesn’t show on here you’ll find the video on YouTube and at 18:16 minutes you’ll hear the police officer saying this.

I may be confused, and perhaps she was referring to NB being online at some time throughout the Team call, but that doesn’t make sense as everyone knows she was online when listening to the works call.

So unless I’m imaging things, does the officer mean NB may have been online in social media since she disappeared?

Sorry if this has been asked previously, but I’m completely confused - especially as at the end of the latest police update, the reporters never asked her to embellish on that - which I found strange. Then again, I may have misunderstood what the PO meant.

I think it is retrospective, so they started looking into her social media this morning so that’s why she’s been showing as online, LE started investigating her social media

Regarding the post towards the end of the last thread where it mentions the press conference suggesting Nicola being online. I took this to mean that it might appear Nicola had been online, but it was the police using the phone as part of their enquiries not Nicola.

I'm not sure the revelations today make any difference, these things sound quite ordinary to me and are the typical life circumstances that many people encounter and from my point of view were already things that I'd expect to find in the background of typical folk.

Sorry I’m new here and don’t really get how the postings work on here, can’t seem to keep up with it, seems a bit i user friendly… but anyway I’m replying to a previous post about depression/menopause. Here it is:

Menopause certainly is different for every woman. I haven’t quite got to that stage yet (30 years old myself) but periods are different for each woman. However what makes me think she has not just run off, is the fact Willow and her phone were left behind. If you weren’t in your right mind at the time, you wouldn’t have been able to plan or think about leaving the phone/dog behind. If she had gone missing and left the phone and dog at home, that is another matter entirely.

Sorry I’m new here and don’t really get how the postings work on here, can’t seem to keep up with it, seems a bit i user friendly… but anyway I’m replying to a previous post about depression/menopause. Here it is:

Menopause certainly is different for every woman. I haven’t quite got to that stage yet (30 years old myself) but periods are different for each woman. However what makes me think she has not just run off, is the fact Willow and her phone were left behind. If you weren’t in your right mind at the time, you wouldn’t have been able to plan or think about leaving the phone/dog behind. If she had gone missing and left the phone and dog at home, that is another matter entirely.
*un-user friendly

I dont know -- many people have flaws, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is their flaws that end up doing them in. I am not sure that any of the recently alleged issues have shed any light whatsoever on any of the questions that people have been debating for the last umpteen pages of this thread: where is this poor woman, and how has she managed to vanish so quickly and completely?

I'm not sure the revelations today make any difference, these things sound quite ordinary to me and are the typical life circumstances that many people encounter and from my point of view were already things that I'd expect to find in the background of typical folk.
The key might be the welfare check by police and health workers who were called to the house before she went missing.

"Sadly, it is clear from speaking to Paul and the family that Nicola had in the past suffered with some significant issues with alcohol which were brought on by her ongoing struggles with the menopause and that these struggles had resurfaced over recent months. This caused some real challenges for Paul and the family.

"As a result of those issues, a response car staffed by both police and health professionals attended a report of concern for welfare at Nicola’s home address on January 10 th.

I dont know -- many people have flaws, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is their flaws that end up doing them in. I am not sure that any of the recently alleged issues have shed any light whatsoever on any of the questions that people have been debating for the last umpteen pages of this thread: where is this poor woman, and how has she managed to vanish so quickly and completely?
It is scary how something can happen in such a short space of time. However, my theory is that something quite sinister has happened and I have a theory which I don’t know whether or not I can bring to light on here.

EyeSpyU said:
During the broadcast, the police officer, Becky, mentioned NB’s social media and said that the tech investigators are doing searches on it. She then went on to say that “there may be a possibility that NIcola has been online”. I thought I’d misheard and so replayed it, and she defintely said that.

Unfortunately you misheard.

She makes it clear she is pre-emptively telling the public there will be activity on her accounts that look just like her using it but it is the Police doing it all as they have full access.

I honestly thought she was super clear here on this point.

*back to lurking*

I'd have to disagree there. I think someone who had "significant alcohol" issues that had recently resurfaced and a welfare concern check conducted on their family home just weeks prior to seemingly vanishing into thin air feels quite important in the bigger picture. I could be wrong, of course, but it seems clear to me from today's info that there were some big problems in NB's personal life.

Regarding the post towards the end of the last thread where it mentions the press conference suggesting Nicola being online. I took this to mean that it might appear Nicola had been online, but it was the police using the phone as part of their enquiries not Nicola.
This is precisely what she meant. i.e. Anybody monitoring NB's social media at that time may notice her status change to 'online'/'logged in', but LE wanted to male clear that this would be them and  not NB.

Hi. Welcome. I had a few issues initially accessing and commenting here via google, changed over to chrome as my browser and all the issues are resolved. May help if your too finding it glitchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member