Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone had expressed in a post that they were struggling to understand the Jan 10 incident and it reminded me of a woman I know who has problems with alcohol. She has been breathalysed previously when found to be driving and over the limit and this has led to police meeting with her to determine whether her licence should be revoked bearing in mind it would take away her ability to get to her place of work. When it said no-one had been arrested for the 10th Jan incident I wondered could it have been something like this.
If the mental health car was there, then IMOO MOO it was mental health related. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why the police would be there with a mental health team, really. If there was a risk of harm to herself then only the police can restrain, or enforce a section hold. Which is why they accompany the mental health teams and vice versa.

If this is something she did regularly she could have just gone through the motion, like dropping children to school or joining that call. Or, she could have viewed it as one last parenting act? If her mental health was suffering not every action will be completely rational.

Just to clarify, people on Tiktok use this term because that platform filters out content tagged as 'suicide', 'death' etc. So it is way to get around the filter, not because 'unalive' in itself would make any content popular. Since Tiktok is so popular and people use multiple social media channels, this term has now spread everywhere.

I think also it's gone beyond tagging and into the realms of speech analysis algorithms because the content creators literally will not say the words that mean 'dead' in any context. There's other words they won't verbally use also such as 'guns' and all the words that are censored here on WS.

The personal information about Miss Bulley regarding her vulnerabilities should never have been released. It is private and personal. Only the police needed to know any of this and I cannot understand why they have made this public.
It was made plain why it was made public. People were threatening to sell stories about Nicola so they preempted it.

I agree, some women sail through the menopause whist others suffer terribly.

However, if you’re having symptoms of perimenopause you may be offered a blood test but only if: you are between 40 and 45 (which NIcola is), and have menopausal symptoms, including changes in your menstrual cycle (how often you have periods) or if you are under 40 and your GP suspects you are in menopause, which is very rare.

Whatever, NIcola must have had investigations, including a blood test I’d imagine, otherwise she wouldn’t have been prescribed HRT.
Honestly have prescribed all my HRT without needing to know hormone levels in women her age. I started at 43ish and was also prescribed without my levels being done. Check the British Menopause Society guidelines which is where most of us take our lead from nowadays. Like I say some will go on nice guidelines if under 45 but not all as it’s clear that hormone levels vary wildly in peri menopause so are not v useful. Promise.
There would be a record of her symptoms and all her consultations on her Gp recird tho x

Something I did not consider before is that if someone does topple into river from a little bit of a height OR hits rocks with shallow water, potential for a fractured neck at which point partial or complete paralysis could prevent swimming/standing IMO

I really think a pinned post with estabilished evidence and facts ( thus minimizing repetition , removing need for a link , facilitate discourse ) is , at this point , almost needed .
The media thread is excellent , but "away" from here .
But for that we need a volunteer , so to speak :)

I'm reporting this post for compliance and possibility to have this .

It was made plain why it was made public. People were threatening to sell stories about Nicola so they preempted it.
In my opinion it is Miss Bulley's own private business and it's a poor excuse to release it because people are threatening to sell stories to newspapers. It has already caused more speculation and distraction as now everybody is discussing menopause and alcoholism. It has added nothing to the actual investigation into Miss Bulley's disappearance.

I still wonder if there was something in the work call that caused a problem. Financial products (MOO) tend to be target driven. As I was typing this, I had another brainwave and did some googling. Here are the results and the source.

What is a standard DBS check?

A standard DBS check for a mortgage advisor will require a search to verify if you have any unspent or spent convictions, cautions, reprimands or warnings in existence on the Police National Computer.

Without the search, you will not be able to complete your registration with the FCA. A standard DBS check for a mortgage advisor can only be requested by your employer.

Source : DBS Check Mortgage Advisor | Mortgage Advisor DBS Check | DBS & CRB Check for Mortgage Advisors.

Then I checked how often a DBS should be done. The answer is that it's recommended evry three years
Source : Finance Sector DBS Checks - Basic, Standard & Advanced Checks.

As LE have said, the incident from the 10th of January was still under investigation. The thought of losing a major source of income might be enough to also be someone's "last straw". Potentially enough when added to pressure from other sources to reach a point where a person could just put the phone down and walk away.
I think there are some mandatory convictions e.g. fraud, offences including dishonesty that are an instant no. So would long custodial sentences.

I doubt some domestic scuffle (I personally think this was MH related and would be dropped even if hypothetically some sort of assault occured) would be such a huge insurmountable problem. You're not going to get more than a caution.

I actually spoke to my partner who is a mortgage broker about this.

JMO

Someone had expressed in a post that they were struggling to understand the Jan 10 incident and it reminded me of a woman I know who has problems with alcohol. She has been breathalysed previously when found to be driving and over the limit and this has led to police meeting with her to determine whether her licence should be revoked bearing in mind it would take away her ability to get to her place of work. When it said no-one had been arrested for the 10th Jan incident I wondered could it have been something like this.

In NO WAY WHATSOEVER am I saying this is what NB was going thru but in response to this comment:

In general terms. Depending on allegations made, drinking alcoholically / addictively could also raise child welfare and child protection issues and that would be incredibly distressing to any woman struggling. This is how people's lives can collapse around them - one minute they're battling emotional problems and hitting the booze and meds too much, maybe an unhappy marriage, maybe financial problems, maybe work stress - and the next they've been banned from driving, banned from being alone with their own kids, suspended from work, tipped into financial crisis, partner asking them to leave the home, family cold shouldering, neighbours gossiping ... it snowballs rapidly.

In my opinion it is Miss Bulley's own private business and it's a poor excuse to release it because people are threatening to sell stories to newspapers. It has already caused more speculation and distraction as now everybody is discussing menopause and alcoholism. It has added nothing to the actual investigation into Miss Bulley's disappearance.
I do wonder ifits the family that have wanted this as they’ve been keen to clarify other media issues.

I mean there is the potential that with less focus on third parties and abductions or DV people may stop taking law into own hands or traipsing around the village or threatening family and friends etc

It was the familys decision to release it to stop people selling stories and tbh why should they profit from this sorry tale? It was obvious the journalist at the Conference knew something

If the mental health car was there, then IMOO MOO it was mental health related. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why the police would be there with a mental health team, really. If there was a risk of harm to herself then only the police can restrain, or enforce a section hold. Which is why they accompany the mental health teams and vice versa.
And calling the police on someone behaving hysterically has been used a a way to control and abuse the hysterical person - esp in reactive abuse scenarios. Not saying this has happened here but it is something that happens in real life. I’d hope the psych and police teams would see right through that though.

I do wonder ifits the family that have wanted this as they’ve been keen to clarify other media issues.

I mean there is the potential that with less focus on third parties and abductions or DV people may stop taking law into own hands or traipsing around the village or threatening family and friends etc
Depends who “the family” is as well - if it’s the whole family in agreement, or just parents, or just PA etc.

Yes. Arguably an alcohol-related incident is a mental health issue.

I was also remembering the quote from one of the other parents...

Source : Nicola Bulley: 'She's the mum you would want to be', says neighbour

The quote according to the article is "She's the mum you would want to be, she'd do everything for those girls and nothing is ever too much trouble".

It wouldn't be long before word got round about the police visit (IMO). Would you be thinking that people are looking at you differently, or would you be assuming that people are whispering about you behind your back? MOO that if you're a bit shaken by previous events (police visit) and you were suffering from brain fog and restless sleep (source every daily paper today and Sky News) then the pressure from that would be building too. I'm not saying that people were doing that to her, just that in her possibly fragile state NB could have thought that this was happening. It would be a lot to cope with. The term "nervous breakdown" is overused (IMO) but it is a very real thing. I found myself reading this

and nodding. Not as it relates to me personally but understanding if you know what I mean?

Last edited:
I still don't understand how the family / police making these statements has prevented or deterred anyone from selling stories. Can anyone who understands the press / media explain please? Surely anyone with a salacious tale is still legit able to sell it to a tabloid if they have some credible story to sell?

I still don't understand how the family / police making these statements has prevented or deterred anyone from selling stories. Can anyone who understands the press / media explain please? Surely anyone with a salacious tale is still legit able to sell it to a tabloid if they have some credible story to sell?
People wouldn’t get much money selling a story that NB is an alcoholic/has problems with alcohol if it’s known already?

It doesn't carry the same significance anymore I assume. "Woman with a drink problem... Drank a lot of alcohol at some point"... Yes, we'd guessed.

Would also potentially put people off selling stories of erratic behaviour or the police visiting on 10th Jan because kind of explained already.
But does firmly suggest blame/causation in NBs court rather than her partners.
Imagine he would have more accusations of DV if the police visit had come out via the press rather than police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck