Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree,
When it came in then I thought exactly the same as you.

I am not suggesting this is applicable to this case at all but the only down side to Claudia's law is that it could motivate the wrong people to do the wrong thing if someone was wealthy.

Peter Lawrence was faced with having to pay her mortgage and council tax etc. from his own funds and the new law would have allowed him to sell the house to save incurring a significant impact upon his finances.

I don't know the full details but I guess with a property sale, the proceeds may have to go into a trust, but it releases those left behind with Mortgage, council tax, utility bills ETC.
From a practical standpoint, it's a useful law, for those genuine cases. As I understand it, after 90 days a family members can take control. We all know how difficult it must be to manage finances for missing family members, from mobile phone providers to mortgages, rents, bills, etc. Interruptions to those payments have consequences, eg. defaults. So being able to manage them sounds sensible. <modsnip: off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly, I can’t find the figures for adults either, but I’d think it was far lower than it is for children. But then again, having an accident and disappearing into thin air isn’t exactly an every day event either, so whatever has happened here is definitely out if the ordinary. MOO.
Yeah, I’m just highlighting how many people are abducted and trying to find out the actual figure for adults. Somebody said a while back only 40 people a year are abducted but don’t know where they got that from unless they meant that being adults only.

MOO re the tatty red van.

I think the warehouse below is probably where the witness saw the red van. If NB did cross the river at a shallower area nearer the weir then it is plausible that she could have walked up via the trees, unseen to where the red van was parked and drove away or less likely IMO have been taken away by a 3rd party.

All hypothetical and just MOO

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230218_094203_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230218_094203_Maps.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20230218_093459_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230218_093459_Maps.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20230218_093523_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230218_093523_Maps.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 19
new link this morning

Zoe Billingham ( former head of HM Constabulary) said re the criticism of SIO Smith: 'She's a very competent and able detective, a superintendent, but the media has been poring over what she wore at the press conference, what her hair looked like: this is the 21st century isn't it?'

'It follows criticism of a tweet by Daily Mail columnist Amanda Platell, who posted a photograph of DS Smith at a news conference on Wednesday.

Amanda Platell wrote: "Detective Superintendent Rebecca Smith at press conference yesterday - skin tight navy dress, stilettos, poker straightened hair - whatever happened to a cop uniform! Or is she auditioning for Love Island for midlifers. Show some respect for a missing mother!"

Last edited:
MOO re the tatty red van.

I think the warehouse below is probably where the witness saw the red van. If NB did cross the river at a shallower area nearer the weir then it is plausible that she could have walked up via the trees, unseen to where the red van was parked and drove away or less likely IMO have been taken away by a 3rd party.

All hypothetical and just MOO
It has been discounted Nicola Bulley police statement on red van and glove found in disappearance area

Hadn't really thought about the direction, but yeah you're right. Now after watching the full retracing video he was going away from the bench not towards it.

This retracing video is the best I've seen. They walked Nicola's exact route and times. I'm now even more convinced that Nicola made it back to the bench.

For me the phone is a major clue. also the dog was found barking toward the back gate which leads to the main road. put yourself in the mind of an abductor. If you were abducting Nicola during the MS Teams conference call you not going to disrupt the call or take the phone with you.

I don't believe Nicola went into the water. She her.body would have been caught and found

SIO from press conference

The red van - We're really really grateful to members of the public for ringing into the enquiry. We wouldn't have got this far without everybody's help, but I think it's also really obvious that we are being inundated with false information, accusations and rumours, which is distracting us from our work. The red van has been reported that it was in the area on the morning of the 27th., like many other hundreds of cars that morning. We're really grateful for the witness who has told us about that and we are continuing to make enquiries to try and track down that specific van, but from my perspective, being in possession of all the facts and information of his case, I do not believe that to be suspicious, but we are continuing to investigate that, so that we can identify whoever was in the area at that time to make sure that they can't give us any further information that will assist the investigation.

Has something further been released since then? I haven't seen a release to say the owner came forward/was found to give further details?

Last edited:
For me the phone is a major clue. also the dog was found barking toward the back gate which leads to the main road. put yourself in the mind of an abductor. If you were abducting Nicola during the MS Teams conference call you not going to disrupt the call or take the phone with you.

I don't believe Nicola went into the water. She her.body would have been caught and found

Also IMO the fact the phone moved to the bench rather than she took it to the bench IMO opens the possibility someone jumped her from on top of the brick shed.

It does look like a very convenient hiding place and the white paint flecks on the floor inside could indicate activity on the roof IMO. It's probably quite solid but may be a bit of flex in it.

Of course people were probably all over it during the ghoul tourism so not much evidence would be available anyway.

New links

Sky's crime correspondent Martin Blunt

Contrary to the Mirror article's title - the final text is not revealed at the link, and we already had a summary. ( Have checked, all it says is as below)
'A friend who lives in the village - who did not wish to be named - told the Mirror: "She booked a playdate, 8.57, she sent a text message to a friend whose mortgage she had just recently signed off on to arrange for the girls to go for tea this week."The friend said this indicates she had no intention of voluntarily disappearing."You wouldn’t have done that if you were going to get up and go missing," she added.

The self-referral to the IOPC is mandatory. Whenever a person dies or is seriously injured, or is in a serious incident, such as the current one, and police have had any recent contact with them, a referral has to be made. A typical example is where a person is arrested under suspicion of a sex offence, and then jumps off a bridge a day or two after release. Or a domestic violence victim is killed, when police have attended the address previously.
Usually in a situation like NB the IOPC would decide that the contact was too far removed for it to be relevant, and even less so for it to indicate that any conduct or performance issues by police officers or staff occurred.
Interesting, thanks for sharing this info.
Begs the question then, given Jan 10 incident and NB goes missing on 27 Jan, considered high risk, why it was self referred to the IOPC so late. Surely they should have self referred it to the IOPC earlier. It's a high profile case. Instead, they refer it on the very day they reveal NB's medical vulnerabilities and there's a threat of those details going to print.

New links

Sky's crime correspondent Martin Blunt

Contrary to the Mirror article's title - the final text is not revealed at the link, and we already had a summary. ( Have checked, all it says is as below)
'A friend who lives in the village - who did not wish to be named - told the Mirror: "She booked a playdate, 8.57, she sent a text message to a friend whose mortgage she had just recently signed off on to arrange for the girls to go for tea this week."The friend said this indicates she had no intention of voluntarily disappearing."You wouldn’t have done that if you were going to get up and go missing," she added.
Thanks! From one of your links.

If Lancashire Police had told reporters at the start that there were welfare concerns about Nicola Bulley, we would have reported her disappearance rather differently and details of her personal problems may have never come out.

Yeah but no but.. like really?!

An interesting article by Martin Brunt about the way police and media might have avoided the current situation. With an equally interesting reply from Colin Sutton (ex Milly Dowler/Levi Bellfield Detective), confirming why things changed, but not always in a beneficial way.
Not aimed at you, but I'm so over this bashing by MSM and ex "experts" towards the police. Taking the focus away from what really matters and that's finding Nicola.

Just for comparison - on private medical information of a missing person being made public - I can't find any new msm links pertaining to the search for NB or new leads

I just saw this on BBC website. Different in that this is a family member releasing the private med info

The 62-year-old, who is currently undergoing chemotherapy, was last seen in Walberton, near Arundel, on Tuesday, Sussex Police said.
Crook, 51, is urging locals to check in their gardens, bins and garages.
"It's incredibly difficult. She is in quite a vulnerable position at the moment," he told BBC Radio Sussex.
"She missed a chemotherapy session on Tuesday, so we're really worried about her.

Last edited:
Thanks! From one of your links.

If Lancashire Police had told reporters at the start that there were welfare concerns about Nicola Bulley, we would have reported her disappearance rather differently and details of her personal problems may have never come out.

Yeah but no but.. like really?!
Does he think we were all born yesterday?

ETA
and ofc many of us on WS were listening to the press conference live and heard both the Sky reporter ( not Martin Blunt) and The Sunday Times reporter pushing & pushing during the Q & A, for the release of the specifics on the vulnerabilities and SIO Smith continually refusing ( Until the U turn, a few hours later)

Interesting, thanks for sharing this info.
Begs the question then, given Jan 10 incident and NB goes missing on 27 Jan, considered high risk, why it was self referred to the IOPC so late. Surely they should have self referred it to the IOPC earlier. It's a high profile case. Instead, they refer it on the very day they reveal NB's medical vulnerabilities and there's a threat of those details going to print.
I don't think the actual date of the referral has been stated, but I expect it would have been done pretty early on. Forces tend to send numerous self-referrals every day. I think it's been mentioned because the Force is weary of all the criticisms and shouts from the mob; so it's a bit of a 'yeah we've done all that, thanks' statement.

Edited to add: and of course the Force weren't going to announce that they'd made a referral about the 10th January contact until it was disclosed that there had even been contact on that day.

Last edited:
Not aimed at you, but I'm so over this bashing by MSM and ex "experts" towards the police. Taking the focus away from what really matters and that's finding Nicola.

Same.

There are posters here who have a better grasp of the facts of the case than these talking heads have.

And the comments about the dress? It is 2023, right? Not 1953? Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1