Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PF seems to be conspicuous by his absence at the moment. After bragging he would definitely find her if she was in the river, he then concluded she was 100% not in the river and then complained he had not been privy to the sensitive background information. Can't wait to hear his excuse!
Well at least he tried and offered to help. Don’t think it’s a time to be slating all of those who were involved in the hands on search for Nicola. I imagine they’re all feeling extremely disappointed. Not sure anybody needs to be gloating over what they perceive to be someone else’s failings. I’m sure he feels bad enough tbh.

PF seems to be conspicuous by his absence at the moment. After bragging he would definitely find her if she was in the river, he then concluded she was 100% not in the river and then complained he had not been privy to the sensitive background information. Can't wait to hear his excuse!
Well at least he tried and offered to help. Don’t think it’s a time to be slating all of those who were involved in the hands on search for Nicola. I imagine they’re all feeling extremely disappointed. Not sure anybody needs to be gloating over what they perceive to be someone else’s failings. I’m sure he feels bad enough tbh.

Well we don't have enough facts yet. Firstly, we don't know if it is indeed NB. Secondly, if it is NB we don't know how she died or what happened. Thirdly, we don't know if her body has been subsequently placed in this location. Finally, PF did say that he was not informed that there were any issues with NB's state of mind and that had he known, that would markedly alter the searching he did and mean that the body could be in different places than he would have expected and washed much further along.

I guess what PF meant was there's a big difference between where a body ends up if the person's taken an accidental stumble off a steep edge near where their possessions were located and if they've taken a flying leap from a particular spot further away.

Even in light of this news, I am finding it hard to believe NB took her life in this manner and am really suspicious that there was foul play.

I think they check the lungs - water fills the airways differently when a drowning person breaths it in. A dead body placed later can not breathe it in.

How do you know this please? I've noticed here on this forum and many other sites people make much mention of 'FLOs' and what they do or don't do -but- as far as I can recall there's been no mention in the mainstream media or any of the police statements?

Where do people get these ideas and information about all things FLO? I'm honestly starting to wonder if it's something off the TV / movies?

Is it the case that police officers effectively go and live with a family once there's been some type of tragedy? Or what they stay in a hotel nearby and hang out with them all day? I just find that too hard to believe and it's not my experience and observation of how the UK police operate.
Based on watching police type documentaries FLOs are very much a thing in English police forces.

I dont think they move in with families but are there to help them through the situationand keep them up to date with what's happening. When people talk about them they always do it positively

JMO

Can anyone explain to a layman why it’s taken over 6 hours and counting to release the identification? Even though it’s been 3 weeks they would know quickly if it was her or not, by clothes alone. Is this out of respect for the family? I have no experience of this sort of procedure but I am confused why they haven’t released that info yet.

I guess they have to be super cautious to collect the body in a really forensic evidence manner and take lots of photos and all sorts of things before moving. Then once they've done all the science stuff they can get around to asking the family about clothes, scars, tattoos, or initial identifying features.

It might not even be her! Or what if NB went in the water trying to help someone else get out... there could be TWO people :O

Attachments

• 3AA85C5F-416B-4BDD-B4EE-36779814A8C6.jpeg
    3AA85C5F-416B-4BDD-B4EE-36779814A8C6.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 17D477F6-CE30-4E99-BFA0-112FA22AC6FE.jpeg
    17D477F6-CE30-4E99-BFA0-112FA22AC6FE.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 26
I highly doubt a loving, caring and nice woman such as NB would have made that decision and taken the dog. It’s more often the case in those situations that strenuous efforts are made to ensure no harm comes to others. Often with a letter trying to give an explanation and apology.
jmo.
I’m inclined to agree. I’m suicidal on occasion (not to make light, it just is what it is) and I would never leave my dog just off leash in a park in the cold. I think the harness tells us what happened. She wanted to harness the dog and slipped on the icy/muddy bank.

FLO’s are family liaison officers who are the direct link for the family to the police. The families decide how much contact they want with their FLOs and how much time they want to spend with them each day etc. There are always more than one FLO because of shift patterns and the emotional toll it takes on them.

I do believe what he said last week, if he had known the full details he would have search differently, his search was based on her falling / slipping in near the bench - he tried to help, yes he is confident in his equipment and that confidence some interpret as arrogance, but he did get out there and try to help, of course great publicity, but I believe his heart was 100% in the right place and unlike in the US, he has not dramatised his search on YouTube.

I've no problem at all with PF missing the body if he searched an area where it was, the same as I have no problem with police divers and other searchers. It is impossible to be certain when you are searching things like water. My issue is his irresponsible statements to the media, police divers would never say a body was definitely not in an area they have searched.

In the middle of a business conference per cell phone? Who does that? And who releases his dog from the leash beforehand? - I find this suspicious. MOO of course.
If you read this thread or go to the media thread you will find more information. The teams meeting call was informative only, no further participation other than listening in required. Am not sure what you’re meaning in regard to the dog being released from her leash or what is striking you as suspicious.

Yes, and this goes back to a previous comment about interpreting things police say.

When they say a missing person has been suffering from mental health issues or depression, they aren't telling us it's likely suicide. They are just telling us a piece of information. It's 'we' who interpret it as meaning potential suicide, they aren't telling us what to think, we decide what to think, what to make of the information.

So if they say someone was having some issues with alcohol or anything else, they're just giving a piece of information. They're not telling us to judge the person based on that piece of information, they're not telling us what conclusions to draw from the information.We might judge or draw conclusions, but isn't that on us?
I've noticed police never say 'suspected suicide', self-harm, nothing like that at all. They will say 'foul play is not suspected.' IMO, it's for the family to publicize, if they choose.

'Accident' meant 'no foul play' in this case, IMO. They later revealed NB had 'vulnerabilities', another code word, but never said 'possible prone to suicide'.

JMO
Hi Cedars…when they say No foul play suspected, they are also saying “we are not looking for a culprit” and that they are allaying public fears that there is a killer on the loose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your previous post which I was unable to reply to as the thread closed. ( I hadn't appreciated that MWT was the link for PF's later involvement)
Me neither, was really quite interesting doing the search, using PF's name as the search terms and starting 28/01/2023, then 29/01/2023, and during the next few days. Edited to add screenshot of tweet, and to make a partial correction to what I said earlier. i.e, it looks more as though MWT had been tweeting that PF should contact PA then MWT suggesting it to PA. But who knows with these people!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-19 at 20.33.43.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-19 at 20.33.43.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I do believe what he said last week, if he had known the full details he would have search differently, his search was based on her falling / slipping in near the bench - he tried to help, yes he is confident in his equipment and that confidence some interpret as arrogance, but he did get out there and try to help, of course great publicity, but I believe his heart was 100% in the right place and unlike in the US, he has not dramatised his search on YouTube.

The man overstepped his status , he caused no end of TikTok conspiracy rumours .

“He told BBC Breakfast today: “If Nicola is not in that stretch of river today my view is that there is a third party involved and this was a decoy placed by the river.”

The question whether NB fell in or went in remains unanswered for the moment.

If the text messages she sent to her boss and a friend between 8:50 and 9:00 were no distraction attempts, it may well have been an accident. However, I wonder if everything in her job went as well as it is presented. Could worries about her prospects (and therefore the financial situation of her family) have added to her anxiety? Why did her boss drive all the way from Keighley to meet her in Garstang (not in Inskip, some 2 miles closer), when nowadays we can talk business from our homes? She asked her parents to leave a little later because she had an important Zoom meeting with a client. Was this really a routine meeting? To sum up, could her job have played a role?
I know these are private matters, but sometimes an armchair sleuth can't help himself...
I'm going to say that having a lot of experience of working in residential property and with many mortgage consultants, there is considerable paperwork involved and documents held on file. As we understand it NB had just completed a mortgage deal and, assuming she may have had documents in her possession which were required (eg. for onward transmission( I would not be remotely surprised that that was a reason she would have to meet her boss in person. There could quite possibly have been a tight deadline to complete the mortgage deal as they are only valid for a period of time, not indefinitely. JMO of course

he said he searched downstream from the weir in the clip which I uploaded many days ago

6th feb clip
Thank you I thought he went down stream on the first day and up stream on the second day. I was just about to share this clip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3