Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FLO’s are family liaison officers who are the direct link for the family to the police. The families decide how much contact they want with their FLOs and how much time they want to spend with them each day etc. There are always more than one FLO because of shift patterns and the emotional toll it takes on them.
…not quite. We were assigned one FLO for our family which included my parents, my self and nephew all living in different parts of Scotland. We only spent time with her if there was something to discuss, and she was the first point of contact for everything -
press, bringer of news etc. A specially trained police officer, her primary role was as investigator and collator of evidence and information - she was not there to be an emotional support, (although obviously as a relationship was built, she was invaluable.). She was however able to point us toward emotional and psychological support which was there if we needed it.

Way back on a previous thread, pre the discovery, a comment stood out to me as being thought provoking - Simplistic67 (?) suggested NB may have asked someone to look after Willow while she used a toilet at the caravan site.

I’m also still quite fascinated by the Ron/Penny/Ron’s wife interactions and how this fits in to the timeline.

Does anyone have any thoughts on all this?

My guess is that it will go to inquest and I think the most likely outcome will be a finding of accidental death. The coroner will get access to police reports and post mortem reports, will hear testimony from family and the people who were in the area in that key period of the last sighting to the realisation that NB was 'missing'. And then the coroner will make a determination based on the information heard.

If the post mortem shows something like strangulation then obviously the police could say that it was murder and it could go down that path instead, I just expect that the coroners court is the most likely way that we'll get a determination of Mode of Death vs cause of death.

JMO
Antony Knott's inquest was not held until a year after his death by drowning, although this was probably delayed because of the pandemic.

he said he searched downstream from the weir in the clip which I uploaded many days ago

6th feb clip
Maybe he should have explicitly said he was not searching the reeds/banks and police doing that daily themselves, but he does say ‘in’ the river, and ‘bottom’ of the river multiple times, never the banks/reeds - he would have known the police were searching those and capable to search the banks/reeds, but they could not do so well searching the bottom of the riverbed which is his expertise.

I've no problem at all with PF missing the body if he searched an area where it was, the same as I have no problem with police divers and other searchers. It is impossible to be certain when you are searching things like water. My issue is his irresponsible statements to the media, police divers would never say a body was definitely not in an area they have searched.
I agree.

Also, surely anyone who searches water for bodies for a living, has encountered many potential suicide cases? Why would that be so unexpected to him?

Instead, he inserted himself as 'the expert' into a highly volatile situation in media/social media. Was he caught up in the conspiracy theories, too? Or did he just say what media wanted to hear?

IMO, very unprofessional and who's going to hire him now, since he's incapable of discretion.

JMO

Assuming she was in the river and hasn’t been placed there after searches.
JMO but I find this highly unlikely. It's a small village, with a LOT of media attention, and everyone probably knows everyone's business. Would be hard to do this without being seen on cctv or looking suspicious to someone in the village. Time will tell. They'll more than likely be able to tell how long she was in the water for I guess (MOO)

Well at least he tried and offered to help. Don’t think it’s a time to be slating all of those who were involved in the hands on search for Nicola. I imagine they’re all feeling extremely disappointed. Not sure anybody needs to be gloating over what they perceive to be someone else’s failings. I’m sure he feels bad enough tbh.
Though I didn't read his tweets, I did feel some media outlets seemed to be almost 'quote mining' things he said in order to get good headlines.

Assuming she was in the river and hasn’t been placed there after searches.

Yes I did assume that. Thank you for pointing this out as it is important to not assume things. It was IMO.

The person who deals with dead bodies will be able to establish when it went in the water. I don't know how accurate they can be but I would suggest IMO that they can do it to within a few days in this sort of case. IF it is the missing person then the maximum amount of time she could have been in the water will be related to the day she disappeared.

It is fortuitous that she has not been in there all that long.

The difference here is that I have never heard police give out such detailed info.
NB going missing seems to have brought about a new level of low stooping from certain areas of sm. Folk travelling to the area to make tiktoks etc and harassing locals. Then the threat of stories breaking in msm. It will undoubtedly be used as a learning curve for further situations like this by Lancs and other Police Forces. They were damned if they did, damned if they didn’t, JMO. We all should look at ourselves and any prejudices we have in regard to MH issues, addiction, health struggles and disabilities. A person perhaps being at high risk due to an alcohol or drug issue should be given the same understanding and empathy as a person deemed high risk due to a physical limitation or neurological disease such as dementia. The hysteria surrounding the release of NB’s struggles is most likely why the family and LE were reluctant to share this information until, it seems, their hand was forced. All JMO

What is wrong with people!
Indeed Firstsnow... I have just got Sky News on in the background here. They are saying "a body has been recovered". It would seem from watching Kay Burley and their Crime Correspondent that the area is becoming awash with flowers and ribbons. I am truly sickened by the people turning up. I hope to God these various damned Facebook Groups and TikTok nonsense get shut down from now.

JMO but I find this highly unlikely. It's a small village, with a LOT of media attention, and everyone probably knows everyone's business. Would be hard to do this without being seen on cctv or looking suspicious to someone in the village. Time will tell. They'll more than likely be able to tell how long she was in the water for I guess (MOO)
I’m not so sure given the location to the road, but obv not dismissing any current theory either. Time will tell hopefully.

The bend on the river is probably more pertinent than the proximity of the road.

I’m inclined to agree. I’m suicidal on occasion (not to make light, it just is what it is) and I would never leave my dog just off leash in a park in the cold. I think the harness tells us what happened. She wanted to harness the dog and slipped on the icy/muddy bank.
I have been thinking about this and what if NB had reattached the harness to Willow and tied the lead to the bench - knowing/hoping it wouldn’t be long until the next dog walker wanders past and finds Willow. Willow is then safe.

However, in Willows desperate attempts to follow NB, she managed to pull herself out of her harness and pull the lead from the bench it is tied to?

All IMO and MOO as a possibility?

The man overstepped his status , he caused no end of TikTok conspiracy rumours .

“He told BBC Breakfast today: “If Nicola is not in that stretch of river today my view is that there is a third party involved and this was a decoy placed by the river.”

Yes I see what you mean, but he did say ‘could’ and he would be basing it on the fact the police had searched the banks too - I think that TikTok conspiracies would have continued no matter what he said, sadly that is the nature of having their ‘income’ being based on how many people they can get to follow/watch them:(

Yep. What is most likely is that the body has recently resurfaced and got lodged in the reeds today or yesterday.

I believe NB may have gone in after the weir.
I've not put a tape measure on the Weir but it is interesting to notice that the levels spiked yesterday presumably due to a high tide.

Gaugemap.co.uk is a good site for this as they have a map overlay of all the river level gauges. The tide seemed to go in quite a lot further than the Weir then went back out.

IMO the body was in the anglers deep hole and become dislodged and washed back down over the Weir last night in the tidal flow.

Oh how differently we interpret things. I assumed the later menopause/alcohol revelation was to possibly explain depression and suicide.
I thought it was to nudge people in the direction of their (police) initial hypothesis that Nicola entered the water with no 3rd party involvement and to try and quieten down all the social media hysteria (including wild accusations about a murder taking place etc. etc.).
Either pointing in the direction of possible suicide or that she fell in the water possibly under the influence (giving an extra reason why she could not just simply swim out after going in).

Re the menopause, I thought that was kind of a clumsy way of inferring she could have been of "low mood" and also that any problems with alcohol were a recent thing and that Nicola wasn't a long term alcoholic. MOO.

I've not put a tape measure on the Weir but it is interesting to notice that the levels spiked yesterday presumably due to a high tide.

Gaugemap.co.uk is a good site for this as they have a map overlay of all the river level gauges. The tide seemed to go in quite a lot further than the Weir then went back out.

IMO the body was in the anglers deep hole and become dislodged and washed back down over the Weir last night in the tidal flow.
So it is tidal up river from the weir?

I think not, I spent about 2 minutes on twitter and was sickened. I stopped reading.

I think this is just going to get bigger and bigger. I obviously hope not, and maybe in a week it will be calmer and maybe with today’s events it has reached the top of interest.
Screenshot 2023-02-19 at 20.46.34.png

This kind of reporting will help to fuel that, imo

Irresponsible although very familiar

ps did the LP official statement say ' found in reeds'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics