Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if anyone can elaborate on if the dog leash has been found. Apologies if I’ve missed it. I’m aware the harness was found but I haven’t yet heard anything about the leash

This has some points I'm sure alot would be interested to read:

11.16 A body will usually remain in the general area where it submerged and will likely be found within 10-20m of that location. Even with a strong current, it will probably be found within 30-60m of where it went down. It has been established that the average body under average conditions will be within one and one-half times the depth of the water; for example, if the water is 10m deep the body will probably be found within 15m of where it went down.

The shallow part of the river was two meters, which is over the 1.6 meters of her height. So, basically, even at the shallow end she would have been over her head. Once I saw that, I was much more inclined to believe she drowned. Also, the harness being near the water suggested she’d slipped.
You all are great sleuths! Sure makes sense that she may have slipped while putting on the harness and inadvertently fell into the river and drowned. It was quite cold and she was wearing a lot of clothes and boots, I believe.

Nicola Bulley's family are 'heartbroken' after a body is found is it just me who finds this disgusting? Inzaman Rashid messaged the family today and they’ve stated they are distraught by developments - keep this bloody private

Keep these messages private for goodness sake - when Paul and the rest of the family is ready they’ll release a statement
I would probably give him the benefit of the doubt.He's probably built up a relationship with the family and may have just texted something empathetic and then had a reply to say, "yeah we're heartbroken" and then asked if he could quote.

IF that's the context then I think that's very different from calling on the phone and knocking on the door 'demanding' a response.

As somebody who has been through this horrific moment with Chris Brahney - in these darks hours I often searched websites like these looking for answers - if any family or friends are doing this my Messages are always open - I know how you’re feeling today, I’ve been through it.

Free to message and I’ll try to support you.

Your beautiful friend captured the world, im sorry we couldn’t bring her home.

Tonight has brought back so many memories of Chris - I raise my glass tonight to Nicola & Chris and shed a few tears to.

In the UK, Family Liaison Officers are a normal thing. Each force will have a pool of specially trained officer. They continue to do their normal duties but can be pulled out if an FLO is needed. Their duties are dependent entirely on each case, and what is required. FLOs can be allocated for anything from vulnerable MFH, fatal traffic collisions, murders, and everything in between. Each FLO will be thoroughly briefed on the job they are dealing with.

Ridiculous to speculate that the body was dropped off in that spot because it happens to be beside a lane way. Everyone in the area is super vigilant and on edge, on the lookout for anything suspicious. Driving to the area with a body and dumping the body while expecting not to be caught or leave any evidence behind while also previously not leaving any evidence behind upon abduction would be virtually impossible.

People need to admit they got it wrong and police were right all along.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
Speaking to The Independent, a staff member explained: “They pop in regularly to say ‘is everything alright’, because we’re having such a bad time in this village with it. Don’t get me wrong, everyone wants to find poor Nicola. It’s tragic, it’s awful.”

Officers searching for Ms Bulley visited Wyreside Farm Park Caravan Site, located near where she went missing, for just under an hour today. Lancashire Police said officers were in the area as part of ongoing reassurance patrols.

Police searching for Nicola Bulley carry out enquiries at caravan park

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

So you can see it clearly says 'Caravan Park visited by police today' - this map was released very early on today when the body was found.

As somebody who has been through this horrific moment with Chris Brahney - in these darks hours I often searched websites like these looking for answers - if any family or friends are doing this my Messages are always open - I know how you’re feeling today, I’ve been through it.

Free to message and I’ll try to support you.

Your beautiful friend captured the world, im sorry we couldn’t bring her home.

Tonight has brought back so many memories of Chris - I raise my glass tonight to Nicola & Chris and shed a few tears to.
Beautifully said. It breaks my heart that we can't bring Nicola home, and I'll raise a glass to Nicola and Chris tonight, too.

Flowers, soft toys, ribbons etc. does seem to be the way some people express their grief. It’s not something I really understand, but for some people this does seem to be their love language.
IMO The town of st Michaels will hate all that stuff being left there…it’s a very tidy, litter free ‘eco’ village where locals are strict with making sure nature is preserved. And all these flowers in plastic wrapping, ribbons and teddies…it’s essentially just litter. People use “paying respects” as an excuse to rubber neck at what’s going on. St Michaels is local to my area so talk on local FB groups are awash with people “coming together as a community” when really it’s just people going there to have a nosey and report back. IMO

Haven't followed a whole lot about this case but I saw today that a body was found in the river near where she was last seen. divers had searched the arean and didn't find her.

What immediately came to mind was the disapperence 16 yr old girl, Kiely Rodni whose body was found very close to the shore in her car that somehow was never found after divers had searched the area. The volunteer group Adventures With Purpose found her after re-searching the area two weeks after she disappeared. I think that it just goes to show that finding people in water is a lot harder then it appears.

Just a thought.
Thank you @Derph.

It happens so often that we even have a WS thread dedicated to cases where bodies are later located near the location previously searched by LE and/or search and rescue professionals.

So you can see it clearly says 'Caravan Park visited by police today' - this map was released very early on today when the body was found.
Thanks for finding the map and posting this. Very helpful.

Speaking to The Independent, a staff member explained: “They pop in regularly to say ‘is everything alright’, because we’re having such a bad time in this village with it. Don’t get me wrong, everyone wants to find poor Nicola. It’s tragic, it’s awful.”

Officers searching for Ms Bulley visited Wyreside Farm Park Caravan Site, located near where she went missing, for just under an hour today. Lancashire Police said officers were in the area as part of ongoing reassurance patrols.

Police searching for Nicola Bulley carry out enquiries at caravan park
Thanks for finding these links! But this is from 13 Feb, isn't it?

PF had searched that part with the sonar:

"When we searched that part, she was not laying on the bottom of the river, but we were only there for one day. We are going down on with a boat towing the sonar. We're not searching reeds."

Diver involved in search Nicola Bulley has denied giving family 'false hope'
I kinda feel sorry for him, even though he has been foolish and probebely responsible for alot of the wild hype around the case... His reputation will now suffer and surely that's punishment enough. Above all he's not to blame for this tragedy, he tried his best with his equipment, he did specify the sonar would not penetrate the reeds or silt. I do wish people would get off his back a bit, he's only human in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth