Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO The town of st Michaels will hate all that stuff being left there…it’s a very tidy, litter free ‘eco’ village where locals are strict with making sure nature is preserved. And all these flowers in plastic wrapping, ribbons and teddies…it’s essentially just litter. People use “paying respects” as an excuse to rubber neck at what’s going on. St Michaels is local to my area so talk on local FB groups are awash with people “coming together as a community” when really it’s just people going there to have a nosey and report back. IMO
Well-said. Would be lovely if people wanting to bring stuff would instead find out if they could contribute to a fund for something Nicola would have valued for the town of St Michael's.

The map released today implies there was a police visit today, 19 Feb, at the caravan.

If anyone knows about today's visit, could you please let us know?

Ridiculous to speculate that the body was dropped off in that spot because it happens to be beside a lane way. Everyone in the area is super vigilant and on edge, on the lookout for anything suspicious. Driving to the area with a body and dumping the body while expecting not to be caught or leave any evidence behind while also previously not leaving any evidence behind upon abduction would be virtually impossible.

People need to admit they got it wrong and police were right all along.

Nobody knows what has happened to NB yet. In fact we haven't had it confirmed it *is* NB yet.

It's not a matter of 'right' and 'wrong' - we yet remain to find out if NB (assuming this is her) had been in any way assaulted or injured. Or moved.

I kinda feel sorry for him, even though he has been foolish and probebely responsible for alot of the wild hype around the case... His reputation will now suffer and surely that's punishment enough. Above all he's not to blame for this tragedy, he tried his best with his equipment, he did specify the sonar would not penetrate the reeds or silt. I do wish people would get off his back a bit, he's only human in my eyes.
I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say he may well have been acting in good faith. It would be a high intensity situation and people can say things that aren’t correct or wouldn’t say otherwise.

really do feel for that family right now.

I wonder if anyone can elaborate on if the dog leash has been found. Apologies if I’ve missed it. I’m aware the harness was found but I haven’t yet heard anything about the leash
Yes, it was found at the same time as the harness. It’s all in Lancs press release on 15 February. It can be found in the accompanying media thread to this thread in transcription form or with link to the video along with the written Lancs Police release, which is also available on Lancs Police website.

Someone said to think about trying to find a dead fish in an aquarium; that made sense to me. You know it’s there but can be difficult to find.
That was probably my post, and as someone who has kept fish for 30 years, I can so easily understand why bodies are often not found. Water just has the strange ability to hide things, even when they're right under your nose.

Nicola Bulley disappearance – timeline​

Key events in the search for dog walker who went missing more than three weeks ago

10 January

Police and health officials visit Bulley’s home address in Inskip in Lancashire after a report of “concern for welfare”.

No arrests are made in relation to the incident, which was a result of her “issues with alcohol”, but it remains under investigation, police said.

JMO This photo of PF searching the river from the Daily Mail is almost the exact spot where the body was sadly found:

67850179-11769173-image-a-49_1676824670754.jpg

If you go to Google maps at the location where the body was found, and look back towards St Michaels on Wyre you can see the two open barns in the distance. JMO

Google Maps

Daily Mail article

I kinda feel sorry for him, even though he has been foolish and probebely responsible for alot of the wild hype around the case... His reputation will now suffer and surely that's punishment enough. Above all he's not to blame for this tragedy, he tried his best with his equipment, he did specify the sonar would not penetrate the reeds or silt. I do wish people would get off his back a bit, he's only human in my eyes.
Respectfully disagree. He probably raised expectations with the family that she could be alive elsewhere while the Police were saying she probably drowned accidentally. The family are highly vulnerable in this situation and a responsible professional should not speculate. He is not the Police, was not in possession of all the facts but was sounding off and seemed to court publicity in an unhelpful way. MOO.

Beautifully said. It breaks my heart that we can't bring Nicola home, and I'll raise a glass to Nicola and Chris tonight, too.
Thank you.

The worst part with Chris for us is we never actually know for sure what happened (like I’m sure Nicolas family wont) - from my experience Paul & the family tonight will be experiencing the strangest feeling - the media scrutiny is now over, the unknown is over..

But the reality is now here at least when they’re missing you cling onto hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warden2024