Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The family will have been notified immediately, and before any press announcement made. Of course locals at the scene will know what’s going on and word will have spread. The assumption will be that it is NB. They are not looking for anyone else, and no one else has been reported missing. From personal experience, formal identification sometimes isn’t a thing in these circumstances.
Presumably as well even after being in the water so long there would be clear things that could indicate if it was her, hair colour, any scars, tattoos, any clothing or jewellery still left on the body.

Police don't know how she died as yet, points to the fact they never fenced off bench either as to focused mindset of cause when it has been proved before a open mindset for investigation should have been done. Hope I am wrong in this but concerns remain which don't match accident/herself and where she is found nr to first place road meets river after st Michael's.
Police were clear from the beginning that there were no suspicious circumstances or third party involvement. How they knew that will hopefully be made clear now.

IMO the position that body was found suggests more than an accident and why would dog have not followed NB, even if by running along the embankment.

The dog wouldn’t have followed her as she would have sunk. That’s even if the dog saw what happened.

I don’t understand why a (presumably) drowned body being found a mile or two downstream possibly snagged in undergrowth is suspicious. It is exactly what we would expect.

How does a father tell a 6 and 9 year old that Mommy is no longer lost but gone forever?
Unimaginable.
MOO.
Telling them is the easy part - parents all over the world have to do this, myself included. IMO the hardest part is yet to come - the years to come of solo parenting. That's why bereavement counsellors and bereavement charities for children exist.

Would they be able to tell the difference between accidental slip, intentional act or possible push if there was no obvious sign of a crime? Or would they rely on other evidence they already possess, eg recent internet searches, state of mind etc to make a best guess based on most likely scenario? Do they tend to assume accidental if no evidence for anything else (Eg toxicology).

I just hope the family gets the conclusive answers they deserve.

Would they be able to tell the difference between accidental slip, intentional act or possible push? Or would they rely on other evidence they already possess, eg recent internet searches, state of mind etc to make a best guess based on most likely scenario? Do they tend to assume accidental if no evidence for anything else (Eg toxicology).

I just hope the family gets the conclusive answers they deserve.
I think this is the question on all our minds right now...

Telling them is the easy part - parents all over the world have to do this, myself included. IMO the hardest part is yet to come - the years to come of solo parenting. That's why bereavement counsellors and bereavement charities for children exist.
Sorry for your loss

We know that Nicolas parents are involved in the children's lives so hopefully at least he will have practical help so thankfully he's already better off than some single parents in terms of that

I was quite interested in where this body has been found-Very close to the road where the road and river come very close to one another.
Now, the body may have travelled this far but was the river not searched extensively?
Could the body have been placed in the river since she went missing AFTER the search
Forensics and pathology will know if she dies before ingesting water to her lungs and so we should await the outcome.

IMO the position that body was found suggests more than an accident and why would dog have not followed NB, even if by running along the embankment.

I’m the last person who wants to fall down the conspiracist rabbit holes but I confess to thinking similar things. However I’m fairly confident Occam’s applies here.

The dog wouldn’t have followed her as she would have sunk. That’s even if the dog saw what happened.

I don’t understand why a (presumably) drowned body being found a mile or two downstream possibly snagged in undergrowth is suspicious. It is exactly what we would expect.
But the dog would have stayed where she fell in and it didn't.
It focused on being between the bench and the kissing gate.
Not the bench and the river.

Presumably as well even after being in the water so long there would be clear things that could indicate if it was her, hair colour, any scars, tattoos, any clothing or jewellery still left on the body.
She had a pale blue fit-bit on, presumably that would still be on and would make it highly likely to be her, I'm guessing that will have checked her wrists

That assumes the dog saw where she went, no one will ever know if she did or didn't and we only know what the dog was doing in the instant the passera by came along , who knows how long she'd been there or what she was doing before that

JMO

It's really unfortunate that bodies are so often hard to find, even when they're relatively close to where the person went missing. (Assuming this is her; I suppose even if it's not her, it's a case of a body being hard to find since people were looking for bodies there.) I'm sure that because of the time involved people will continue to imply there's more going on, even if there most likely isn't, and that is bound to add to her family's suffering.

Brian Laundrey is a perfect example.

The bench, kissing gate and river are within a few metres of each other so the dog remained where Nicola apparently last was. Maybe she didn’t see what happened, maybe she did, we’ll never know!

Edited to add pics of bench to river, and bench to kissing gate:

Attachments

• 61A10F9A-F51B-4512-BB4B-E3E664BD7AB4.jpeg
    61A10F9A-F51B-4512-BB4B-E3E664BD7AB4.jpeg
    452 KB · Views: 47
  • 4D0889E4-F584-4346-A0E7-C42757362B7D.jpeg
    4D0889E4-F584-4346-A0E7-C42757362B7D.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online