Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The case is now being handled by His Majesty's Coroner.
We will take it from here.
Two statements from the press conference, one from the police and one from the family, that don’t seem to have sunk in with some observers.

The investigation is over, and rightly too. The poor girls body will have been examined by a pathologist and evidently nothing suggests foul play. Not that anything did in the first place, to be honest. There will be an inquest and a coroner will deliver his verdict in due course. It’s theoretically possible something will come up in the autopsy, and the case will move in a different direction, just like it’s possible when I lose my car keys I’ve been burgled, but personally I think the decent thing to do is to heed the family’s advice, and let them take it from here.

I'm trying to patiently wait until cause and manner of death are revealed, if ever......
This is really important. I don’t think assumptions are worth making. Cause of death is potentially important for the safety of the community and especially the children - if 3rd party involvement we don’t know who or the motive and if other family members could be targeted by the same person or if there was a stalker or sexual motive etc important for other women in the area.
I hope no violence involved.
Just so tragic

For anyone in doubt.

Coroners, post-mortems and inquests

Coroners are independent judicial officers who investigate deaths reported to them. They will make whatever inquiries are necessary to find out the cause of death, this includes ordering a post-mortem examination, obtaining witness statements and medical records, or holding an inquest.

Post-mortem examinations

A post-mortem examination or autopsy is an examination of the body following death. It is carried out by a pathologist. These are doctors who are experts in finding out the cause of death. The examination is carried out as soon as possible after death and every effort is made to minimise any delay.

@Cuko I hope they do a better job this time. That village needs to know exactly what happened to poor Nicola so they can go back to live in peace knowing there is no risk out there.
Not only was the area not taped off where NB was last known to have been seen alive, but neither was the location where from where her lifeless body was recovered.
I mean I realise this is not an episode of Medical Detectives and I'm no drama queen, but IF the results of the post mortem should by any chance indicate third party involvement, any potential crime scene evidence is lost forever. So yes, let's hope all the T's get crossed and the I's get dotted, leaving this lovely lady to be permitted to rest in eternal peace. Sorry JMO

For anyone in doubt.

Coroners, post-mortems and inquests

Coroners are independent judicial officers who investigate deaths reported to them. They will make whatever inquiries are necessary to find out the cause of death, this includes ordering a post-mortem examination, obtaining witness statements and medical records, or holding an inquest.

Post-mortem examinations

A post-mortem examination or autopsy is an examination of the body following death. It is carried out by a pathologist. These are doctors who are experts in finding out the cause of death. The examination is carried out as soon as possible after death and every effort is made to minimise any delay.

Think can take a few weeks to issue cause of death, I’m guessing moreso when the deceased’s body affected by being in water.
I’ve only seen one autopsy myself which was of a man who’d had ultimately had a stroke. Quite a shocking procedure. Lab samples can take a while to come back generally in pathology.
I imagine it will be a little while until cause of death recorded in this instance.

Such a sad case, has been heartbreaking to follow it. Feel so sorry for Nicola and her state of mind before the tragic accident

Yes there will be a post mortem.
We don't know yet how NB died.
Was she alive when she entered the water? Was there a medical event? Any sign of assault or injury? Toxicology reports? How long was she in the river?
Loads of questions which the coroner will hope to find answers to.
The way that the police statement simply said that a file has been handed over to the coroner and it's now a case for the coroner suggests strongly to me that there was a quick look at the body, along with assessment of how/where it was located, and noted no obvious signs of foul play.

At this point I'd say it really does seem to have been a terrible accident that could have happened to anyone. It could have been precipitated by a medical event that led to a tumble into the water, but accidents in and near water can so easily end up with tragic outcomes. It doesn't have to be a large body of water, and it doesn't have to look particularly deep or dangerous...but it can so easily be deadly :(

I keep rereading the family statement - particular parts of it are absolutely heartbreaking. ‘Nikki you are no longer a missing person, you have been found, we can let you rest now.’ So desperately sad. How would you ever get over it? I have no idea.
Speaking from personal experience. We knew my sister was probably dead from the moment she went missing, because of her state of mind. Obviously, when someone is missing there is always hope. The longer it goes on, there is a gradual acceptance of the probable outcome…so when it’s confirmed you’ve already prepared yourself. I don’t know what’s worse, that gradual realisation, or the sudden shock of being told someone you love is dead. You learn to live with it, but you never ever get over it. So many unanswered questions, only one person knows the truth of what happened. IMO having a faith helps. I know a little of what Nicola‘s family have been through, but their experience was made so much worse by the awful publicity and speculation. Unfortunately the real grieving process starts now, and will never really end. They are in my prayers.

Speaking from personal experience. We knew my sister was probably dead from the moment she went missing, because of her state of mind. Obviously, when someone is missing there is always hope. The longer it goes on, there is a gradual acceptance of the probable outcome…so when it’s confirmed you’ve already prepared yourself. I don’t know what’s worse, that gradual realisation, or the sudden shock of being told someone you love is dead. You learn to live with it, but you never ever get over it. So many unanswered questions, only one person knows the truth of what happened. IMO having a faith helps. I know a little of what Nicola‘s family have been through, but their experience was made so much worse by the awful publicity and speculation. Unfortunately the real grieving process starts now, and will never really end. They are in my prayers.
I am so sorry for everyone that has had this sort of experience and for your personal experience SP. You understand more than most of us. It is the worst outcome and this incident has also brought out the worst in some of human behaviour. I really hope that despite Nicola no longer being here, her departure will bring a radical change to communication strategies for both social media law and police comms. My thoughts are with all that loved Nicola.

I’m so sorry you have been through something similar :(

I doubt it. I have personal experience from nine years ago. The case was reported locally, almost exactly as you put it above except she was 56. It made the main Scottish news but not national. It didn’t stop the nasty comments and ‘husband did it’ comments on SM. (Never mind he was bedridden with long term MS). It was also odd seeing my sister being discussed on Websleuths. I have no idea why some cases get such publicity and others just disappear after initial reporting. On top of the numbers of people who go misssing every day in the UK, there are currently four people long term missing in my local area alone. Four families without closure. I now follow missing people cases. It’s a hellish situation and we were so fortunate the body was found in 50 square miles of forest. I know exactly what will have gone on behind the media. My heart goes out to her family. IMO it been completely overthought. The poor girl somehow slipped into the water and given she was wearing a duvet coat and boots was quickly dragged under. I expect it won’t be long, sadly, before another case for some reason gets the spotlight when so many don’t.

I think its pre determined based on the individual whether or not the story will gain enough “likes” or “clicks”
They study emotional marketing. The psychology behind it all and tailor it to “us” (the public) Its disgusting. Such is the world we live in.
Im still shocked to see the lynchmob on SM still havent given up yet.

Its really an impossible balancing act these days to get the needed eyes on a case like this but not the intrusion.

Guess its just hard to walk back the attention & intrigue when in the first week was stoked so much by mystery & the public comments about not being in the river.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donald Redfield