Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Interesting to see an angler say that. I have flipped between thinking it was an accident, deliberate and someone else involved. I'd go with accident for now.
Similar to Esther Dingley case which I remember discussing on here. It divided discussion between those feeling an accident and those thinking foul play.
I think foul play in this case but only because I walk spaniels daily beside a river. Similar walk, really. Spaniels happy to dart in and out of river at appropriate places. If you walk the route very regularly you end up paying little attention to the river .. you just march the route and your spaniel keeps an eye on you and you keep an eye on him /her. You don’t venture near the river.. there’s no need. Now I can agree that maybe 99 percent you won’t need to venture near the river and perhaps there will be one occasion in 100 walks where you might.
This is her daily walk…. It’s possible an accident occurred with the river but for me not probable

All JMO obviously, but what concerns me about her falling in the river by the bench is surely there would be some marks, it must have been quite muddy. I slid down a grassy bank in the summer, I was sitting on the edge, and the wind blew a drawing pad I had slightly down the slope, so I slid down a little way to try and retrieve it, but oh no, I couldn't stop myself, and slid all the way down. However i can't believe that if I'd done that in winter there would be no sign of that happening.

It also seems as if she must have passed the bench twice, once on her way there, and once on her way back, after walking round the fields. Someone sat on that bench has their back to the gate behind them, making them quite vulnerable. She might have sat there waiting for the Team meeting to finish intending to turn it off. What might have happened at that bench none of us know at this stage.

Good point. If she had arranged to meet someone which I think is likely option then it would probably be at the bench….

For me she is having a flurry of activity. The evening before, she meets her boss who has driven 55 miles to the meeting point. She then tells mum and dad she has zoom call to discuss prospective mortgage.. she appears upbeat! Next morning she has what is likely to be a weekly Teams meeting where all agents login and hear latest updates. Prior to that meeting she emails her boss. She never logs off from Teams meeting, which ends at 9.30
If she didn’t have an accident then she met foul play and if so, it’s likely to have been a male that has come into contact with her and has an issue

One thing that’s been bugging me. What’s been reported was that Nicolas car was left at her children’s school. On Facebook on Nicolas profile there are pictures of a her children at a different independent school which I assume is much further away.

I’m normally the first to question the innocence of those closest to her but in this instance I do feel it’s a genuine accident and sadly NB will be found further down the river.

You would think an agitated dog would bark continuously but perhaps the dog went into shock when her owner
disappeared under the water?

As for a stranger being involved whilst the route was fairly secluded there were enough regular and random walkers along that route to make an attack in broad daylight highly risky and how would you remove her so she isn’t found for over a week?

I’m normally the first to question the innocence of those closest to her but in this instance I do feel it’s a genuine accident and sadly NB will be found further down the river.

You would think an agitated dog would bark continuously but perhaps the dog went into shock when her owner

As for a stranger being involved whilst the route was fairly secluded there were enough regular and random walkers along that route to make an attack in broad daylight highly risky and how would you remove her so she isn’t found for over a week?
If she fell into river I imagine she would have had a minute of heavy splashing and screaming, she would have been able to use her limbs to create buoyancy for at least a minute.. what I’m trying to say is it wouldn’t have been silent.

The dog may not even have seen it happen. It may have been off exploring and then unable to find Nicola.

Last edited:
One thing that’s been bugging me. What’s been reported was that Nicolas car was left at her children’s school. On Facebook on Nicolas profile there are pictures of a her children at a different independent school which I assume is much further away.
I wasnt aware of this ? This is very interesting.

Also I can’t help still thinking it’s a bit odd of the witness to tie the dog to the bench.

If you see a loose dog, the first thing you think is that the owner must be nearby looking for it, so you usually wander around looking or stay put waiting for a while. Then surely you would phone the number on the tag? Or if not try and take the dog somewhere safe?

Also I can’t help still thinking it’s a bit odd of the witness to tie the dog to the bench.

If you see a loose dog, the first thing you think is that the owner must be nearby looking for it, so you usually wander around looking or stay put waiting for a while. Then surely you would phone the number on the tag? Or if not try and take the dog somewhere safe?
I thought that too

If she fell into river I imagine she would have had a minute of heavy splashing and screaming, she would have been able to use her limbs to create buoyancy for at least a minute.. what I’m trying to say is it wouldn’t have been silent.

‘Instinctive Drowning Response’ is worth reading about. Drowning is very often silent.

e.g What Drowning Really Looks Like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member