Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all likelihood she fell into the river, however, it could have been some looney that attacked her on the walk and pushed her injured or dead into the river !

There was the case of Ashling Murphy in Ireland who was murdered at 4pm in broad daylight jogging along the canal somewhere in Ireland, people on the other side of the canal saw her being attacked but couldn't do anything, except shout at the murderer., There was that lady, Julia James, walking her dog who was also attached and murdered.
Yes. The difference in those cases though was the bodies were left where attacked.

Not a dog owner, but would the dog running between the bench and the gate not suggest May have gone out the gate? Would’ve thought would be agitated near the river if she’d fallen in
JMO but I believe from the phrasing they just meant that's where the dog was, as opposed to it being somewhere else (eg, between bench and river) or running back and forth because it was agitated.

I really do understand what everyone is saying with everyone's POVs on this. But i really am stuck at the point that either NB or PA walked Willow here everyday, same routine. If Willow liked to chase birds or ducks or whatever NB would have known this. She knows the area like the back of her hand by the sounds of it and more importantly in my eyes, so does Willow. Spaniels are so quick at learning, eg, i wont run down that hill because its a bit steep and if i fall in i might not get back out! I know where i walk my dogs, they know where the ducks are of a morning and have learnt to sneak up on them to try and get one! Sorry i hope this make sense.

I would also like to say that the police conference was outstanding. Very thorough and extremely professional. What a wonderful job she did.

All my thoughts are with the family.

EDITED to add that i know the police said Willow was dry, my point was that i think Willow wouldn't have gone near the river side and would have much preferred running in the empty field. IMO

If she left the phone on the bench she must’ve been wearing EarPods or similar. Surely they’d fall out instantly in water.

That police interview closed the circle for me on NB walking away to a point further upriver with CCTV coverage and locked exits. I'm aligned now with the most simple, tragic explanation - she fell into the water and has yet to be found. Satellite thoughts around this though (nothing enlightening, just ruminating on the presser really) -
  • The dog was dry so not in the water, how/why did she fall (completely obvious, I know)
  • That window is so small now. 10 minutes. Life really does turn on a dime, doesn't it?
  • The police now have examined the CCTV footage etc. and interviewed witnesses and so on, but I keep being drawn back to that lightening-fast police response and immediate disclosure that there was no 3rd party. It was SO fast. I still find that unusual that they called it SO quickly and publicly. They were almost certainly right though, so it's just an unusual thing that means little probably.
Separately, Sally Riley is impressive IMO - she really cares and she's a good communicator. I'm glad it's her leading the investigation. I just hope they bring NB home to her loved ones soon.

She’s seems like a pretty fit individual and to be carried downstream seems unlikely. The river is not that wide and if she did fall in I feel like she could get out or grab hold of foliage, tree branches etc.
Not suggesting you do this if you have any sort of medical condition. Run a bath with just the cold tap, then get in fully including putting your head under with no pausing. In her case it would be worse as she wouldn't be expecting it.

On Nicola's business facebook page (Nicola Bulley - Mortgage Adviser) there are lots of photos of her dog in and out of the water (without harness - I think someone mentioned he always had it on on Strava runs, which makes sense on a run), my gut feeling is that the dog somehow got into trouble, or was just getting too close to the water, while she was trying to listen in on the call. If she was on that bench and the water was deep there, maybe she have worried the dog would jump in like it usually does in other places which were more shallow as per the photos on FB.

So the dog did not go fully in hence not soaking wet, but very close, so she put her phone down and picked up the harness to go down the slope a bit to grab him, but sadly slipped in and quickly under as so cold. Hence the harness was on the grass. Also, I can imagine a dog would be agitated and confused if it saw its owner go into the water, but did not come back out...if there was no commotion, any rescue/alarm instinct might not have kicked in, and at first, it might even have seemed a bit like a hide/seek type of game and at first he would be looking for her 'pop' back up.

Wonder if they have taken the dog back there to see if it goes over to the river and starts looking in as if looking for her/something?

So very sad whatever has happened, in the posts she comments many times about how much she loves that walk:(

Last edited:
Yeah, I think many underestimate how difficult it is to swim with a basic layer of clothes on, let alone boots and big jackets etc, even if you're competent in the water. Add the fact it was cold so they'd be a shock factor and the panic of falling in, it suggests this is the most likely scenario.
They mentioned in the police conference that she had another coat on underneath the ankle level outer coat as well.

Nicola Bulley case - latest: Police have searched 15km down to sea and believe this is 'tragic case of missing person'

This must be horrific for NB's family and friends to hear.

I believe that the police have access to phone sensors which will indicate when it was placed down etc.

Thank you, this is very helpful info.

That was one of the most powerful and thorough police pressers I have ever witnessed.
What an amazing officer!
Her eyes are so beautiful and intelligent.
Come what may, Nicola is in the best possible hands and so is that community.
Utter RESPECT!
The Supt did a great job in conveying factual information in a sensitive and compassionate way.

I was screaming ask if she had headphones in, I assume not though as police would have said when describing what items they were asking people to look out for. I also wished someone had asked if she was visibly seen at the bench.

So, the 10 minute window - 9:20am they say wasn’t by a witness but phone movement essentially? I regularly stalk by 12 year old on find my app and it does show where she is and when she is walking it moves, it’s impressive. Saying that if, as they say the phone was on the bench and she was listening in to the teams call surely the phone would be still. So what they are saying is there was constant movement of phone up to 9:20am then nothing. Phone placed on bench, incident occurred, dog found roaming area at 9:35 but no sign of NB in water and dog never followed. No, I can’t shake the feeling. Was she was even at that bench honestly this is so strange and garstang exit must hold the key, imo.

There is nothing weird about it. She was on the bench at 9:20am and she has accidentally gone into the river at some point from here on up til 9:35am when the dog was found next to the bench. It’s just a tragic accident.

Can anyone point out where Garstang lane is? Google maps shows garstang road as the main road to the north but can’t find anything about a lane?

She’s seems like a pretty fit individual and to be carried downstream seems unlikely. The river is not that wide and if she did fall in I feel like she could get out or grab hold of foliage, tree branches etc.

You underestimate the affect of cold water immersion, what it does to a body and the current movement.

Not suggesting you do this if you have any sort of medical condition. Run a bath with just the cold tap, then get in fully including putting your head under with no pausing. In her case it would be worse as she wouldn't be expecting it.
Indeed. Throw into this the possibility of banging your head (or similar) just prior to it - or as you enter - and it could very, very quickly become a tragic accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro