Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the latest Daily Mail article:

‘A local angler said that even as a strong swimmer, he 'wouldn't want to fall in' at the 'cold, dangerous' stretch of water where Ms Bulley vanished.’

This is the most logical conclusion by a long distance IMO after doing a lot of reading up on the story.
That's interesting first hand knowledge, there seems to be an assumption that the river isn't particularly dangerous from photos

Someone a page or two back astutely pointed out that regarding entry and exit - the gate, the fields adjacent caravan park and Allotment, and Rowanwater. I remember that the 70 year old man walking his dog, who came forward, was walking to Rowanwater:

"He spoke to a woman in the area before walking in the direction of Rowanwater."

So, there's the river, the gate and the caravan park/Allotment - 9:10 am approx time to 9:30 am ish. 15 - 20 minutes.

Moo jmo etc

Someone a page or two back astutely pointed out that regarding entry and exit - the gate, the fields adjacent caravan park and Allotment, and Rowanwater. I remember that the 70 year old man walking his dog, who came forward, was walking to Rowanwater:

"He spoke to a woman in the area before walking in the direction of Rowanwater."

So, there's the river, the gate and the caravan park/Allotment - 9:10 am approx time to 9:30 am ish. 15 - 20 minutes.

Moo jmo etc

I think it’s clear there are only 3 ways out of the area where NB was on Friday.​

1- back out the way she came in.
2- through the back of the caravan park and Allotment Lane
3- via the service road which runs through Rowanwater

Using Google maps to zoom in on option 3 there appear to be a row of car parking spaces at the very end of this road.

The end of this road and these parking spaces is just metres away from where NB was last seen at 9:10(approximately) in the upper field.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think it’s clear there are only 3 ways out of the area where NB was on Friday.

Using Google maps to zoom in on option 3 there appear to be a row of car parking spaces at the very end of this road.

The end of this road and these parking spaces is just metres away from where NB was last seen at 9:10(approximately) in the upper field.
Yes I also mentioned Rowanwater yesterday but is there a fence between the field and the row of car parking spaces or can you just walk straight through? And then you have to think if she was abducted from there, someone will have to cross back over the field back to the bench to plant the dog, harness and phone in a short time frame. Very tight timeline and risky without being seen. IMO.

As a dog lover I would certainly potentially recognise a dog over a person

However, Lancashire police have specifically stated they have no evidence of third-party involvement/crime. Would they tell what would then be an outright lie?

Having 'no evidence' is likely the truth.
But that does not mean that the police do not now suspect third party involvement or suspect that a crime has been committed.

What has baffled a few of us on here has been the police's reluctance to consider the possibility of foul play from the outset. Failure to initially 'rope off' a potential crime scene seemed odd.
Couldn't agree more. I see there is incident tape and a PCSO now appearing at the scene but rather too late to be of any use other than as a token gesture for visitors to the scene and the media.

''We can now confirm the following timings from the morning Nicola was last seen:

8.43am – Nicola walked along the path by the River Wyre, having dropped her children off at school

8:50am (approximately) - A dog-walker – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her walking around the lower field with her dog. Their two dogs interacted briefly before the witness left the field via the river path

8.53am – She sent an email to her boss

9.01am – She logged into a Teams call

9.10am (approximately) – A witness – somebody who knows Nicola – saw her on the upper field walking her dog, Willow. Work is ongoing today to establish exactly what time this was.

9.30am – The Teams call ended but Nicola stayed logged on

9.35am (approximately) – Nicola’s mobile phone and Willow were found at a bench by the river by another dog-walker.''

The whole part about the phone and how it got there is where is gets confusing...These two accounts share some parts but contradict each other too...

A friend of missing Nicola Bulley has said the mum was seen "laughing and joking" moments before she vanished. The friend, who wishes to stay anonymous, said she has spoken to a pair who believe they were the last people to see Nicola before she went missing.

She said: "They say she was laughing and joking with them as she went by." She also said dog walkers saw the phone and recognised the picture on the screensaver.

Unable to unlock the phone, she said they contacted a friend who then called St Michael's-on-Wyre Church of England Primary School, where Nicola had dropped her two children earlier that morning. The friend said partner Paul Ansell was contacted and went to the scene and called the police.

"As far as I’m aware, no one called the police until Paul arrived," she said. The friend then said the dog walker saw Willow and the harness and lead on the floor. Then a male dog walker, who came behind her, spotted the phone.

She said: "The gent has looked on the floor and two feet from the bench there’s a phone. I think she’s either been faffing about at the edge of the river because the dog’s been smelling fishing bait and she’s slipped or she’s had a medical episode."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/friend-says-missing-nicola-bulley-26134452

Earlier the woman who raised the alarm about Nicola after she came across the mum-of-two's "worried" dog by the side of the river said she hoped nothing "bad" had happened to her.

The shop owner, who asked not to be named, also found her mobile phone on a bench by the side of the river, under a tree which has a sign warning of deep water nailed to it.

She said: She said: "I saw the dog and I recognised it, but I suddenly couldn't think whose dog it was.

"There was a mobile phone on the bench and there was also something between the bench and the river so I went and looked, and it was a dog harness...

"I know of her and her partner because I walk around the river a lot to pass the time.

"I always say morning to them or comment on how it's a lovely day but that's all.

"It's just awful, I hope to God that it's not a bad outcome."

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/nicola-bulley-missing-search-lancashire-dog-walker-125240627.html
I find these two statements to be very conflicting? 'the mum was seen "laughing and joking" moments before she vanished' and "They say she was laughing and joking with them as she went by" Who was she 'seen' laughing and joking with...was she alone and who saw this? And who were the 'pair'....two people who said she was laughing and joking with them?

Do you think they suspect that person was responsible for NB ending up in the river or are they using expensive and valuable time on a fake searches to throw them off the scent?
TBH, the information at present available regarding the river, the dog, suspects etc is so contradictory that I'm not giving it much credence. I'm very sure that there is a separate line of enquiry going on behind the scenes that is not being released to the Press.

I'm afraid that my stomach sunk when I saw who was present, and absent, during the family appeal yesterday. JMO

I think it’s clear there are only 3 ways out of the area where NB was on Friday.

Yes i agree and i think the service road through rowanwater could be where we need to look at, the witness from yesterday was seen on a camera/cctv from the caravan so iam assuming these would have been checked by the police for any evidence of NB. IMO

'That's as far as she goes, she doesn't walk her dog further along the footpath than that point.'

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>
Most likely scenario for me given the timeline and the location of the belongings is that she made it back to the bench still on her call, was distracted by the dog, went to the bank in a hurry, lost her footing, slid down the bank, took a blow from the steps, became unconscious before entering the river, and is lost between the bank and the weir. That’s just based on available clues and the timeline, but seems very plausible.
I think the scenario you describe has a high probability.

My thoughts are that something made NB react quickly in a startled unmeasured manner. It could have been due to the dog or possibly something dropped from the bench or flew off such as the harness? When these things happen our instinct is to immediately rush to retrieve it which in turn could have caused her to fall at a pace into the water.

I find these two statements to be very conflicting? 'the mum was seen "laughing and joking" moments before she vanished' and "They say she was laughing and joking with them as she went by" Who was she 'seen' laughing and joking with...was she alone and who saw this? And who were the 'pair'....two people who said she was laughing and joking with them?
This could be just the way she has described the cheerful light-hearted banter and smiles that people exhange as they pass each other in these circumstances.

Yes I also mentioned Rowanwater yesterday but is there a fence between the field and the row of car parking spaces or can you just walk straight through? And then you have to think if she was abducted from there, someone will have to cross back over the field back to the bench to plant the dog, harness and phone in a short time frame. Very tight timeline and risky without being seen. IMO.
Yes i remember you did yesterday and that has been on my mind since, i just cant see another way out now especially as we know they have been looking at cctv/cameras from the caravan park.IMO

'That's as far as she goes, she doesn't walk her dog further along the footpath than that point.'

Yes i agree and i think the service road through rowanwater could be where we need to look at, the witness from yesterday was seen on a camera/cctv from the caravan so iam assuming these would have been checked by the police for any evidence of NB. IMO

Yes I agree they should look here because it’s the closest point to her last sighting but as stated above if she was abducted from there, the perp would have to cross back over the field back to the bench to plant the dog, harness and phone in a short time frame. Very tight timeline and risky without being seen. IMO.

Yes I agree they should look here because it’s the closest point to her last sighting but as stated above if she was abducted from there, the perp would have to cross back over the field back to the bench to plant the dog, harness and phone in a short time frame. Very tight timeline and risky without being seen. IMO.
Yes that is the issue with the theory on this, but it also points to someone that was known to NB. IMO

Imo that's just down to the speakers, one is reporting what someone else said, one is the person who actually saw NB. I don't see a conflict
Jmo

Interesting that the final path is a dead end to that kissing gate. JMO
Yes. Interesting that on the DM video of the route, there are very few people about even after all this publicity. Probably even fewer last Friday morning. I was surprised how narrow the route is in parts. Not many places early on where I would let my dog off the lead. Is it likely she intended to get to the bench for 9am so she could sit down and listen to the meeting and view any slides etc? If you have a pre-scheduled meeting it seems an obvious place to sit while the dog has a play. She probably knew it was only going to be a short meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member