Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Upthread there was information that her Fitbit had last synched the Tuesday before NB’s disappearance. If this is correct, there’s no useful information on the phone from the Fitbit.
For the person asking how fitbits work - they are like a watch that you wear on your wrist. They count steps, heart rate and various other things. They send Bluetooth signals to your phone that has an app that displays all the information about how many steps you have taken etc.
You can set them up to constantly synchronise when in Bluetooth range of your phone, or only to update when you open the app.
If NBs was set to constantly update, we’d be able to tell when her Fitbit went out of range of her phone - ie whether she was physically with her phone on the bench, and what time she and the phone were separated.

Unfortunately it sounds like it was set up only to synch manually - and it hadn’t been synchronised since Tuesday. Which means that we don’t have info about what Nicola did that day, only what her phone did. Which is almost certainly the same, but not definitive.

So in my opinion Witness 2 is located along Blackpool lane on the opposite side of the road to the entrance of Allotment Lane.

From street view it looks like a black dome camera is fixed to the underside sofit of the rendered house on the corner of Allotment Lane. The garden fence railings match the street view image.

Mark up created by myself. High quality link below

witness22.jpg

Images from Google Earth Pro and Street View
Image of woman with push chair from here
High Quality version of attached here

So in my opinion Witness 2 is located along Blackpool lane on the opposite side of the road to the entrance of Allotment Lane.

From street view it looks like a black dome camera is fixed to the underside sofit of the rendered house on the corner of Allotment Lane. The garden fence railings match the street view image.

View attachment 400195

nice work

Police searching for Nicola Bulley have appealed for a "key" witness who they believe was in the area on the morning of the mother-of-two's disappearance.

The witness is a woman seen pushing a pram on the morning of Friday 27th January, when Ms Bulley went missing.

"It is believed that the female in question may have walked along the river path during these times and so detectives want to speak to her and urge her to get in touch," Lancashire police said.

This is about the third “key” witness the police have asked to come forward and all it means is they’re the only people captured on CCTV who’ve been walking nearby with their dogs or children. Obviously, they want to speak to everyone who may have seen Nikki, but it’s simply to eliminate the possibility that they saw Nikki.

Yes, you’re absolutely right. The bank is on an extreme slope and is very, very slippery. The water at that part of the river is around 16ft deep and is tidal. It’s a highly dangerous part to fall into, especially in winter.

It’s absolutely tragic, but I can’t understand why some people are insisting the exact opposite to what the police believe happened.
If it’s 16ft deep at that point how are they wading in it? I’m sure there’s the odd spot here and there that’s deep, but in the main it’s nowhere near that depth

Maybe during heavy rain the water comes up the edges of the bank and it’s 16ft, but not at the moment

If she fell I'm was it above or below the weir? Could she be carried out to the Irish Sea? There was a young man who went missing near me years ago & cctv showed he must have fallen in the water & was eventually found yards from where last seen snagged on tree roots. If this goes down 15ft have they checked along the banks but below water level?
They're were divers in, oxygen rtc

Nicola Bulley: Police searching for missing dog walker appeal for 'key' witness

Sky have now updated again with the text from the original lancashire police update.

It is important because it describes what this witness was doing.

'The woman was seen walking along Garstang Road / Blackpool Lane in the village of St Michael's, from the direction of Allotment Lane towards the Grapes pub, at around 8.22am.'

'She is again seen walking on Allotment Lane towards Garstang Road just under 20 minutes later at 8.41am.'

'It is believed the woman could have walked along the river path during these times - with detectives urging her to get in touch.'
So if the pram lady was only on the river path between those times then she couldn't have possibly seen Nicola there. So if they want to speak with her about her time on the river path surely it must be to see if she remembered seeing any people / vehicles etc which wouldn't necessarily help them in ascertaining if Nicola ended up in the river.

If you were the woman and did not see anything will you come forward? No point in coming forward for the sake of coming forward.
if you were specifically asked to you would. Investigations aren't always X saw something, but also to provide times when nothing was seen i.e. X was on Y road between times and saw nothing, M was on Y road between times and saw..
It's to rule out and pin point as well as to identify

How normal is it <modsnip - no link from an approved source> to walk your dog down the river? Whilst on a zoom call…
Even in big every company member meetings I like to sit and listen and concentrate, I’m not saying it’s the same for NB but it’s weird. Does the school have CCTV footage of her leaving the car?

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 400195

That is some top quality detecting, Detective Lawless

other info says no ball - the only thing I can think is that maybe the grass on the slope was lightly frosted- that can be surprisingly slippery and not obviously icy, so if she was shooing the dog away from the water, she could have slipped, and maybe no marks because the ground was nearly frozen. I have not read if the dog was distressed when found and some dogs do not water retrieve...and the river is supposed to be deep right near that bench.

Stretch of river where Nicola Bulley vanished is 'notoriously ...

https://www.thesun.co.uk › news › dangerous-river-nicola...

1 day ago — Police fear Nicola Bulley has fallen in the River Wyre ... its deepest - close to where Nicola vanished - the river reaches a depth of 15ft.
this article says she was texting to set up a play date and planning a spa visit with her sister... and it shows the dog water retrieving previously in warm weather ...

View attachment 400195

Thank you DetectiveLawless

I don’t know if I’m missing the point but they’re asking for a witness who may have seen her at 8.30am? So we’ll before the river?
Also they have decent cctv images of woman with pram, still none of NB.
I don’t believe she was ever there.
So you’re saying the witnesses who actually knew Nikki and spoke to her when their dogs interacted were mistaken? That despite Nikki being seen doing her usual morning walk of the dog, she didn’t actually do it <modsnip>?

How normal is it <modsnip - no link from an approved source> to walk your dog down the river? Whilst on a zoom call…
Even in big every company member meetings I like to sit and listen and concentrate, I’m not saying it’s the same for NB but it’s weird. Does the school have CCTV footage of her leaving the car?
very normal in general, and police stated usual routine for NB. It's not weird to just listen on a conference etc call, and police stated this was expected behaviour for this type of call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member