Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker on this thread.

I fail to see how a fit and young healthy women could fall into this river and not get back out ( surely the bits near the edge are shallow)

The reasons -

Accidental fall

Possible blow to the head

Slight build

Bulky clothing to the ankles

Wellies

Cold shock

Panic

Deep, fast water

Nicola Bulley: Police searching for missing dog walker appeal for 'key' witness

Sky have now updated again with the text from the original lancashire police update.

It is important because it describes what this witness was doing.

'The woman was seen walking along Garstang Road / Blackpool Lane in the village of St Michael's, from the direction of Allotment Lane towards the Grapes pub, at around 8.22am.'

'She is again seen walking on Allotment Lane towards Garstang Road just under 20 minutes later at 8.41am.'

'It is believed the woman could have walked along the river path during these times - with detectives urging her to get in touch.'
The woman in yellow pushing a child in a stroller was walking in the area/road before Nikki had even started her walk after dropping her daughters off at school.

This whole thing becomes more bizarre by the minute.

Ok, good point. That would be useful if there was a record of when the Fitbit went out of range of the phone. I wonder if the phone checks regularly which connected Bluetooth device is in range, or only when it ‘needs’ to if you see what I mean.

Yes I was wondering that also.

Long time lurker on this thread.

I fail to see how a fit and young healthy women could fall into this river and not get back out ( surely the bits near the edge are shallow)
I am not convinced it’s what happened to Nicola because I think her body would now have been found, but drowning in shallow water can occasionally happen. Falling into a river isn’t like falling into a heated pool. Nicola could also have had a totally unanticipated medical emergency at the water’s edge.

Yes I mentioned that earlier on this thread. It is strange - on most misper investigations I have seen they normally put a still photo up of the person in question. Unless she just didn’t appear on any CCTV on her walk. IMO.
This is what im thinking (no cctv at all). My bet is she will surface in that river in the next few weeks or never found at all

The woman in yellow pushing a child in a stroller was walking in the area/road before Nikki had even started her walk after dropping her daughters off at school.

This whole thing becomes more bizarre by the minute.

I think appealing for every single person visible on camera in the area on the day <modsnip> but perhaps they will find the one person with info who hasn’t come forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I mentioned that earlier on this thread. It is strange - on most misper investigations I have seen they normally put a still photo up of the person in question. Unless she just didn’t appear on any CCTV on her walk. IMO.
There wouid have been CCTV at the school carpark though, I would have thought...it is indeed strange that as yet no images of Nicola. The whole situation is just strange.

Why havent the police released any footage of Nicola anywhere? Surely a missing person case that would be the first thing you would do, so that it shows what she looked like on the day. <modsnip>
there is currently no CCTV footage of Nicola on the day she went missing ! Details of what she was wearing have been made public and she was seen by eye witnesses

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not convinced it’s what happened to Nicola because I think her body would now have been found, but drowning in shallow water can occasionally happen. Falling into a river isn’t like falling into a heated pool. Nicola could also have had a totally unanticipated medical emergency at the water’s edge.

A river will hold a body for a long time

There are many many examples

I recall a case followed here on web sleuths where Liam Colgan went missing in Hamburg during February. There was s long flurry on here. Much speculation. He was eventually recovered from the river in the April, snagged on the mooring ropes of a boat.

I might be really off the mark here and i do stand to be corrected, but... If a grown adult fell in that particular area above the weir too. Would the undercurrant be strong enough to bundle her weighted body down past the weir and further down stream? It seems quite timid from what ive seen and my gut tells me that it wasNt strong enough to drag her down stream that much.

Surely though at this point you’d be found quickly in shallow water you don’t go far.

I read somewhere the river isn't shallow everywhere, in some places it can be quite deep. I think if she floated to the bottom of the river, the gases of a decomposing body (sorry to be crude) would make her float to the surface again at some point. Unless she is tangled up in some plants/branches below the water surface.

So in my opinion Witness 2 is located along Blackpool lane on the opposite side of the road to the entrance of Allotment Lane.

From street view it looks like a black dome camera is fixed to the underside sofit of the rendered house on the corner of Allotment Lane. The garden fence railings match the street view image.

Mark up created by myself. High quality link below

View attachment 400195

Images from Google Earth Pro and Street View
Image of woman with push chair from here
High Quality version of attached here
But this woman in yellow did her trip (possibly to shops) before Nikki had started her walking journey.

I can’t see the relevance?

Nicola Bulley: Police searching for missing dog walker appeal for 'key' witness

Sky have now updated again with the text from the original lancashire police update.

It is important because it describes what this witness was doing.

'The woman was seen walking along Garstang Road / Blackpool Lane in the village of St Michael's, from the direction of Allotment Lane towards the Grapes pub, at around 8.22am.'

'She is again seen walking on Allotment Lane towards Garstang Road just under 20 minutes later at 8.41am.'

'It is believed the woman could have walked along the river path during these times - with detectives urging her to get in touch.'
Yes, and she was last seen three minutes before Nikki had even started her journey…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot