Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it so wierd, that the description given of what she was wearing, was an ankle length coat. So that on Friday when all the helpers was on roads, trying to jog peoples memory of whether they saw her the week before, had an incorrect description.
In fact I'm quite shocked that this footage was not shown earlier, and also that the police virtually decided from day one that she fell in the river,.
Just adding my two cents as a dog Walker. On the back seat of my car I have scarfs and gloves and gilets that I have taken off on previous walks and left in there. Very regularly I’ll get dressed to take the dogs out get in the car, arrive at my destination and have a wardrobe change based on how cold I feel and the clothes I have stashed in the car. Even today I went out in a big over coat and when I got out with the dogs put another layer underneath and wrapped a scarf around. My wife has the same dog walking paraphernalia in her car too. If you are regularly outdoors chances are you will have various items left in the car. It might very well be that she has added her a filet over the top as another layer so that outfit we see may not have been her final one. It would be hard to drive so bundled up too. IMO what she is wearing is exactly how I’ve been picturing her in my minds eye when thinking about her at the river all this past week. It was a very good description by the LE IMO

Please remember:

Information stated as fact must be supported by a link
to a mainstream media or law enforcement source (or other WS approved source) to substantiate the fact. If you aren't sure if a source is approved, please use the Report feature to ask for approval before discussing any of the content. If the comment is your opinion only, you must state that as well by using IMO, MOO or a similar variation. It is not only against TOS to post without a link or a disclaimer stating it is your opinion, it is also rude to the reader to have to go 46 pages back find the link or guess whether it's a fact or your opinion.

Posts that violate TOS will be removed along with all responses to it. Please read The Rules and familiarize yourself with Websleuths' lingo.

"She was last seen wearing an ankle-length black quilted gilet jacket, a black Engelbert Strauss waist-length coat which was worn underneath the gilet and tight-fitting black jeans.

She was also wearing long green walking socks tucked into her jeans, ankle-length green Next wellies, a necklace and a pale blue Fitbit." From Nicola Bulley: Missing mother fell in river, police believe yesterday.
Why did the police think she was wearing an ankle-length quilted jacket, a branded waist length coat underneath, when she wasn’t wearing these at all. I’m presuming her partner told police exactly what Nikki was wearing? But she wasn’t wearing them looking at the images. Maybe he was mistaken, but it’s very detailed.

The jacket she’s wearing in the images looks like an anorak type coat with a hood, and is easy to distinguish between an ankle length quilted gillet.

Maybe that’s what she always wore and he presumed she was wearing those when she left?

IMO this is the exact outfit described by police. I agree that it may have been confusing for anyone not familiar with certain coat styles but if you search "ankle length gilet" on google, you will quickly see that most of them fall just below the knee. This is the name of the style. It does not mean that it has to touch her actual ankles. Gilets are usually short, waist length coats so a longer coat of this kind is frequently described as ankle length.

If she was wearing the coat open, it is still easily long enough for her to have stepped on the back of it and tripped. JMO.

Why did the police think she was wearing an ankle-length quilted jacket, a branded waist length coat underneath, when she wasn’t wearing these at all. I’m presuming her partner told police exactly what Nikki was wearing? But she wasn’t wearing them looking at the images. Maybe he was mistaken, but it’s very detailed.

The jacket she’s wearing in the images looks like an anorak type coat with a hood, and is easy to distinguish between an ankle length quilted gillet.

Maybe that’s what she always wore and he presumed she was wearing those when she left?
Yeah no idea, she might a few items she rotates through and process of elimination of what he could find missing in the house was those items.

They did mention a hood. It's on the first page/post of this thread
I think she looks exactly how I’d expect from the police descriptions. Maybe it’s just because I have young children and have to do the school run, but the long length hooded gilets are very much a “thing” especially on school run mums for some reason. They vary in length from knee to ankle (depending on the height of the individual) they always have a hood and they’re of the puffer style.
But police said hooded ankle-length gilet.

Just adding my two cents as a dog Walker. On the back seat of my car I have scarfs and gloves and gilets that I have taken off on previous walks and left in there. Very regularly I’ll get dressed to take the dogs out get in the car, arrive at my destination and have a wardrobe change based on how cold I feel and the clothes I have stashed in the car. Even today I went out in a big over coat and when I got out with the dogs put another layer underneath and wrapped a scarf around. My wife has the same dog walking paraphernalia in her car too. If you are regularly outdoors chances are you will have various items left in the car. It might very well be that she has added her a filet over the top as another layer so that outfit we see may not have been her final one. It would be hard to drive so bundled up too. IMO what she is wearing is exactly how I’ve been picturing her in my minds eye when thinking about her at the river all this past week. It was a very good description by the LE IMO
This is helpful Casseus. (Am not a dog-owner, myself. )

Would someone (maybe also) put on a longer coat which they have in the car, because they are anticipating walking in the mud, and don't want backsplash from their boots to dirty-up the calves of their pants?

So,......
UNTIL , ..... (If and when) LE releases pics or video (full body length, and clear shots) of Nikki on her actual walk along the river, one supposes we won't know exactly what she was wearing once she left the car park. Is that correct?

Another question (apologies to everyone, if this was already answered upthread):

Has LE unequivocally stated that ...... they are "almost - absolutely" sure Nikki wasn't followed by someone, while on her walk? (based on the CCTV footage they do have at this point. And which, the public hasn't seen yet. )

(imo)
edited 4 spelling

I'd be really surprised if there was no CCTV in the grounds of a primary school.
I obviously have no clue about this school, but at my daughters primary school, we drop them off at the gate (there are numerous staff members on the gate) and they walk down to class on their own, right from reception age (4&5) it started over covid and worked so well that it has carried on permanently, so even if there was CCTV at our school, (I'
ve never noticed that there is), you wouldn't be likely to be caught on it at the morning school drop off as you don't go in the school grounds.

That's a great post.

I've been thinking about this scenario for a few days, but where NB makes her way down the bank, stands on the stone steps at the bottom but willow has ran down excitedly after her and NB has lost her balance and ended up in the water.

Pure speculation on my behalf but it seems like the only scenario where no marks are left on the top of the bank.
Or perhaps Willow pushed her accidentally / jumped up at NB excitedly whilst she was near the edge of the water and made her lose her balance. I would estimate that cocker spaniels weigh somewhere around 12kg and are quite strong.

Also the "colour settings" of the various screens people are viewing these images on will display differently.
I find it so wierd, that the description given of what she was wearing, was an ankle length coat. So that on Friday when all the helpers was on roads, trying to jog peoples memory of whether they saw her the week before, had an incorrect description.
In fact I'm quite shocked that this footage was not shown earlier, and also that the police virtually decided from day one that she fell in the river,.
Agree. Ankle length would jog a witness memory. A big big difference from police description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollyWobbles