Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me how they will know that at 9:20 the phone was placed on the bench. They cannot know that. They can know the area it is, but not that it was on the bench. They can assume that as it was in the area of the bench at that time, and later said to be found on the bench, that it was ON the bench at that time. They can presume but without eyes on, they cannot know.

GPS is accurate within around 2 meters in open sky. Basically they would know by its location and the fact it probably didn’t move on the data readings after the 9:20 mark until it was found,

Perhaps I am a monster but I wouldn’t be skipping even an important work call, never mind a medical appointment or similar, because I found a mislaid phone and an unattended dog. I might alert someone else who didn’t have an immediate engagement and who might have more time to work out what to do, and that doesn’t seem weird or unreasonable.

Re Ring doorbells/home CCTV: I have both but they are set to only alert/record motion on my property. I have the street outside my front gate blocked off on them, otherwise I'd get constant alerts and the camera batteries would go down very quickly. I imagine it's the same for most people so I wouldn't be surprised if LE aren't getting much info that way

Has it been established she did that first? Her quote was she had an important appt and "then" she spoke to her daughter on law. An important point I haven't seen clarified either way. I'm sure police have though.
Not sure what was said between her and her daughter in law but could it have been a phone call a little like " you know when we go walking, who is it that has thay lovely brown little spanel?' 'Oh its erm nicola, why?' Then the penny drops who she is after a brief description from the daughter in law.

I know I have had conversations like this with my own mum. When I can't think of where I know someone from or can't place a name to a face etc.

I could be wrong but just my only logical thought as to why she rang her daughter in law.

So to clear up a point with regard to the business owner.

1. She spots the dog and the phone while out for a walk.

2. She is supposedly in a rush so ties the dog up and leaves the phone.

3. But she has time to locate and speak to her daughter-in-law about the dog and phone.

4. Daughter-in-law who knows who the dog belonged to then phoned the police.

Meanwhile, another person has come along and taken the dog to try and find the owner? Or is that no longer the case?

Business owner:

"I saw the dog and I recognised it, but I suddenly couldn't think whose dog it was."

"There was a mobile phone on the bench and there was also something between the bench and the river so I went and looked, and it was a dog harness. The dog looked worried so I tied her up and rushed home as I had to go to an appointment.

"I then went and spoke to my daughter-in-law and she immediately knew who the dog was, alerted the woman's partner and that was it - the police were on it."

It is a bit odd but if you have ever come across a lost phone, it is not easy to return it- often pass coded and not obvious whose it is. and if you move it, it may be tracking and seem as if you are stealing it. You can possibly return it to the nearest service company if you know what service it is connected to... and then whomever lost it may be retracing their steps looking for it. Also people have found lost dogs in my neighborhood and asked me whose they are- sometimes I know the dog name or about where the house is but not the exact owner.

Imo the police will have looked into all aspects of her life including work and recent events so I doubt it is significant.
Even post-COVID, lots of meetings cannot be carried out on Zoom — at least in the opinion of many bosses. Could have been a slightly unreasonable request, “this meeting could have been a email” territory, but nothing too weird about it IMO.

No

"Paul is understood to have searched a different abandoned house in between the village hall and the Ivy Dene Alpacas site prior to the meeting."

Included source links to verify information posted as 'fact'. Sincerely thought this was common knowledge.

Hi everyone, This is my first post so apologies if I’ve missed anything. I’ve been trying to keep up as best as I can. This is the first time I’d seen anything about PA searching a property but I haven’t read every article as it has been hard to keep up with them all. Does anyone have any idea which property this could be? I’ve had a look on Google maps and I don’t know if it’s just me but I can’t see any property that looks properly abandoned between the alpaca farm and the village hall unless its one down the lane? Apologies in advance if it’s been mentioned before, as I said the threads are moving rather fast and it can be hard to keep up.

It is a bit odd but if you have ever come across a lost phone, it is not easy to return it- often pass coded and not obvious whose it is. and if you move it, it may be tracking and seem as if you are stealing it. You can possibly return it to the nearest service company if you know what service it is connected to... and then whomever lost it may be retracing their steps looking for it. Also people have found lost dogs in my neighborhood and asked me whose they are- sometimes I know the dog name or about where the house is but not the exact owner.
All true. Some people might leave a phone where it is depending on the local area, on the basis it’s more likely the person who lost it will come back for it, than someone else will steal it. Wouldn’t apply to me in central London, might apply if in my home rural village.

All true. Some people might leave a phone where it is depending on the local area, on the basis it’s more likely the person who lost it will come back for it, than someone else will steal it. Wouldn’t apply to me in central London, might apply if in my home rural village.
But a dog and a phone would indicate something more. Items were also on the ground with the harness on the river bank.

Last edited:
But a dog and a phone wold indicate something more.
I don’t think my immediate thought would be: something terrible has happened, though, unless I saw something else to indicate that. I might think someone had wandered off, and would probably be back for both the phone and the dog. I am not sure I would immediately call the police or emergency services, for example. Sounds like the witness made a call to talk it through and get a second opinion if it needed reporting, while getting on with what they needed to do that day. Hard for me to see I would have acted differently.

I'm still with the river theory at the moment, as there is so little else to go on. MSM reporting is all over the place.

I've been wondering for a while about how reliable the witnesses and the timings of sightings of Nicola are. Particularly the witness who found the phone and Willow.

Last edited:
One idea surrounding the fit but , could be to put the phone in the boat and go up and down the rider and see if it connects , easy way to find the Fitbit and perhaps NB
Yes I did question if that was a possibility earlier in the thread

Are the witness accounts even reliable? I walk my dog every day and chat to other dog walkers, sometimes a conversation, other times a wave or quick hello. Yet, if asked afterwards, I could very easily mix up which morning it was that I saw one of them. Half the time I'm not even sure what day it is. Or maybe that's just me. Is there actually any proof that Nicola was there that morning?

I presumed this was the Tuesday before her disappearance, not after! As we have discussed on here, the phone has to be in at least a 20ft radius to sync...?

I think probably means the Tuesday before as well, but if the fitbit is elsewhere it could potentially sync with another device that has the app installed logged in to NB's account, and the info be uploaded to the cloud?

Are the witness accounts even reliable? I walk my dog every day and chat to other dog walkers, sometimes a conversation, other times a wave or quick hello. Yet, if asked afterwards, I could very easily mix up which morning it was that I saw one of them. Half the time I'm not even sure what day it is. Or maybe that's just me. Is there actually any proof that Nicola was there that morning?
I'd like to say yes, a smallish area, her / her husband walk it everyday around the same time I'd guess you see the same faces. I knownyoubdo where we live. You can time a lot of them like clock work daily. I could be wrong tho

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm so surprised at how blunt the family have beeb about not agreeing with the police.

Makes you wonder if whatever info they are keeping back is pushing the family to think this way...jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcia.C108