Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's fine to sleuth on the thread..
Great you are local.
Thinking a place your grandfather's or great-grandfather's generation knew as a hidey hole in the area but which is no longer known but still accessible but that is not now common knowledge and that searchers would not know about.
If she didn't leave the park she is there still but in a place that is very well hidden.. something that got covered by modernity, just not 100%, maybe kids used to play there, ancient crypts or anything similar..?
Could be something in historical centres for learning , may be documented in historical academia, possibly heritage?
I have a bit of experience researching old maps and if you're still looking for some help with this later today I'll definitely assist.

Edited to say - hopefully this works and should give you something to start off with, however from that specific map it doesn't look like much was in the fields themselves, will have to look more thoroughly later when I have time, and go through each map individually

Last edited:
Sorry if I’ve missed this information. But was she wearing headphones on the Teams call? If so I’m guessing they were wireless ones?

If she’s fallen in, would these float?
This has been discussed quite a bit on the various posts on here and there is no information to say either way. It was however normal fro NB to be listening on loudspeaker. If you click on the link it is under the heading of 11 key details by NB friend. IMO

Diving team to use helicopters and sonar TODAY in Nicola Bulley search

I have a bit of experience researching old maps and if you're still looking for some help with this later today I'll definitely assist.

Edited to say - hopefully this works and should give you something to start off with, however from that specific map it doesn't look like much was in the fields themselves, will have to look more thoroughly later when I have time, and go through each map individually

Another, older, map. (Scroll slightly to the left)

I’ll be keen to see how much of the river they scan today as I assume a body might have traveled some distance by now. I didn’t see any mention of the area they can scan in a certain timeframe, just that it can be completed in a day - or is that just the main search area? Also rivers have ledges, crevices etc at the bed, I wonder if it can see through that or is it a plain sight sonar.

Same here - in my job I look at historical maps all day! There used to be a website www.old-maps.co.uk but I see landmark took over and made it chargeable. It would be interesting to see if there were any historical tunnels etc in the area. IMO.

Same here - in my job I look at historical maps all day! There used to be a website www.old-maps.co.uk but I see landmark took over and made it chargeable. It would be interesting to see if there were any historical tunnels etc in the area. IMO.
The ones I use most regularly for basic research are the NLS ones because they're free, and it's usually Scotland I'm researching (it being a Scotland based website). From the quick five minute look on there nothing is sticking out (as in mineshafts ect, maybe any possibility she's fallen into something which has opened up in the ground) I will do a proper check later, would be great if you could too :)

It’s probably been mentioned lots, and I’ll not mention it again, but the description the police gave still bothers me.

They either got the description from her partner or friends from that day or from the photos we’ve already seen.

If from partner or friends, without having seen it for myself there is no way I would talk in absolutes, and stress to pay attention to these “very specific clothing descriptions”.

If from the pictures there’s no way you see that and say ankle length.

Unless you’re 100% sure and had seen the pictures why not say “knee to ankle length gilet”.

I’m moving on now :)

I think it's fine to sleuth on the thread..
Great you are local.
Thinking a place your grandfather's or great-grandfather's generation knew as a hidey hole in the area but which is no longer known but still accessible but that is not now common knowledge and that searchers would not know about.
If she didn't leave the park she is there still but in a place that is very well hidden.. something that got covered by modernity, just not 100%, maybe kids used to play there, ancient crypts or anything similar..?
Could be something in historical centres for learning , may be documented in historical academia, possibly heritage?
OCCAM'S RAZOR. She went in the river. Most likely explanation is usually correct.

I do not remember brand of her gilet, it was just to clarify that there are ankle length ones available, that was all
It could be the case that ‘ankle length’ is LE’s description of the fit of the gilet to Nicola: she is widely reported as 5’3” so it’s possible the same gilet on me (5’7”) would be mid-calf but on Nicola would be ankle length. MOO

I’ll be keen to see how much of the river they scan today as I assume a body might have traveled some distance by now. I didn’t see any mention of the area they can scan in a certain timeframe, just that it can be completed in a day - or is that just the main search area? Also rivers have ledges, crevices etc at the bed, I wonder if it can see through that or is it a plain sight sonar.
I'm sure he said 'that they could cover 10 miles in 1 day'.
He seems a determined character, 'we do not fail'.

Double post, tech issues.

If they don’t find NB in the river, then surely the water at Rowanwater should be searched as that’s near to the last sighting of NB IMO. Do we know if it’s been searched already?

I have not heard it has but I agree it should at least be, to rule it out at the very least. That is the problem with only having one hypothesis, IMO

I am pretty sure it is around 10 miles in a day, which is amazing if true!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauraj333