Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if the police have ever taken the dog back to the area that Nicola used to walk it. I was thinking that of they then let the dog off the lead, where would the dog go to.
Would it go to the banks of the river by the bench or would it go somewhere else.

Dogs are very clever, im sure the dog would go to the last point where they were separated.

If walked by the bank, it will head for the scent of foxes, badgers, water rats, squirrels, and voles. It will check tree trunks to see if any other dog has marked them as territory, and it will then mark them itself, so there. Take that, you mutts. If it sees any birds in the field, it will probably charge at them to see if they can still fly, and be amazed to find they can. If you throw something for it, the dog will chase after it, fetch it back, chew on it and may consider returning it to you. It will investigate other dogs it meets, and will try to figure out which dogs went with which tree trunk.

It will focus completely on dog-type stuff.

The dog has unfortunately probably more or less forgotten who NB is by now. If you put your dog into kennels while you go on holiday, when you come back to pick it up two weeks later, it will probably have scant idea who you are.

If there is an inquiry and/or trial, I think there will be a fierce debate on here about whether Willow should be called to give evidence ...
As the McCann case showed us, you can't cross-examine a dog.

Thank you @Casseus
That is very helpful.

I wondered how the dog behaved upon return, I don't believe that the police have mentioned this but perhaps the dogs behaviour is the reason why police are still insisting on a river fall?

The most compelling piece of information from Tillys FB post was the bit about the only CCCTV camera at the caravan site not working was the one that would have shown Nicola in the field.

If the caravan site was my house I would want that one to be working as it would watch over an area where people who were up to no good Gould approach the caravan site.

That raises a suspicion for me.

I was wondering if the police have ever taken the dog back to the area that Nicola used to walk it. I was thinking that of they then let the dog off the lead, where would the dog go to.
Would it go to the banks of the river by the bench or would it go somewhere else.

Dogs are very clever, im sure the dog would go to the last point where they were separated.

Seems like common sense but you never know if they have thought of doing this??

Yes the dog went back. Here’s one link stating this, but there’s a hundred others.

If walked by the bank, it will head for the scent of foxes, badgers, water rats, squirrels, and voles. It will check tree trunks to see if any other dog has marked them as territory, and it will then mark them itself, so there. Take that, you mutts. If it sees any birds in the field, it will probably charge at them to see if they can still fly, and be amazed to find they can. If you throw something for it, the dog will chase after it, fetch it back, chew on it and may consider returning it to you. It will investigate other dogs it meets, and will try to figure out which dogs went with which tree trunk.

The dog has unfortunately probably more or less forgotten who NB is by now. If you put your dog into kennels while you go on holiday, when you come back to pick it up two weeks later, it will probably have scant idea who you are.
Not true

My dog did not see my son for 4 weeks and made such a fuss og hime when she saw him next and that was in a different environment to where he last saw him. She remembered the person, not the location.

Not true

My dog did not see my son for 4 weeks and made such a fuss og hime when she saw him next and that was in a different environment to where he last saw him. She remembered the person, not the location.
Which is why I said 'probably'. A dog's not a witness and it is an idle enterprise to try to work out what its behavior means. If it gets excited it could be because it's scented that lady who used to walk it, or it's smelt a fox, or because its current handler is excited.

Reactions: PNW
1. NB had some kind of medical situation which made her lose balance and she fell in the river
2. NB was crouching down with the harness or standing and lost balance and slipped into the river
3 Willow wouldn't come over to put harness on so NB went down to fetch her and again lost balance and fell in river
4 A third party was somehow involved at this point and something sinister happened to NB when distracted.

...if she did fall in at the point by the bench.
I think she probably did fall down those stone steps by the bench because it's unlikely she would walk around far from her phone whilst connected to a meeting. Another possibility is for some reason she was rinsing something such as her hands or mud off something. If the river water was clear they probably would have found her by now but if she initially drowned in the deep section and then drifted to another spot it could explain why they are yet to find her. By the time anyone looked for her in the river a few hours had passed and even though Its not a fast flowing river, it clearly is moving.

Going by this 'official' timeline of events from LE:
  • 8:43 a.m. - Nicola was seen on the river path, walking towards the iron bridge.
  • 8:47 a.m. - She was seen in the lower field with her dog, Willow, and her mobile phone, which was on view.
  • 8:53 a.m. - She sent an e-mail to her boss on her phone.
  • 9:01 a.m. - She joined a team's work call. All of this was normal behaviour for Nicola. This was not out of the ordinary and nothing different or unusual happened during those calls and e-mails.
  • 9:10 a.m. - She was seen in the upper field. The dog was off the lead, again, this was normal. The dog was not in it's harness and the lead wasn't on the dog, which was all part of Nicola's daily routine.
  • 9:20 a.m. - Through enquiries we've made, we believe that her phone was on the bench.
  • 9:30 a.m. - The team's meeting ended, but Nicola's phone remained dialled in.
  • 9:33 a.m. - A witness found Nicola's dog, Willow, running between the gate to the field and the bench where the phone was located. Also found by that witness was the dog harness which was on the grass between the bench and the rivers edge.
Am I correct in thinking that the next timeline event is PA and Police being informed at 10:50am?

LE seem focussed on this '10 minute window' (9:10-9:20am) but is there not a 70 minute window of invisibility? (9:33-10:50am)

The alarm was raised because the dog, phone etc had been discovered. Why would anyone know she was missing if not this?

I think what the poster is referring to is my earlier post, the first original uncut press conference where there are lots of discrepancies if you listen all the way through

The alarm was raised because the dog, phone etc had been discovered. Why would anyone know she was missing if not this?

That is why I was surprised that the Lancashire Live Facebook video said the dog was found later. If you just found the phone it could just be that somebody has left it by mistake.

Brilliant analysis of dog behaviour! People all too often humanise dogs. Years ago, on collecting my dog from the kennel following a holiday, I was most put out that my beloved pooch ran to a complete stranger who was also waiting to collect their pooch. Dogs are very basic creatures who just want food, warmth and a routine. My current dog is completely blind and deaf and you would never know. He has his nose and his routine and gets along absolutely fine.

Perhaps didn’t release them as they wanted descriptions of what she was wearing from the people they had as witnesses … a few people saw her from close up and also afar, and to show an image wouod potentially confuse people who had thought they’d seen her or actually seen her / create false sightings …

it was found on the floor …
do you have a link for found in the floor p!ease? I was quoting from the police press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancydrewmom