Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might sound a bit random but would it be feasible (or at all useful) to place something in the river and trace it's movement with the current? Might give investigators an idea of how that stretch of river transports objects? Could lead them to some potential search sites?
you would think that people familiar with this river do know the currents and the approximate timing of the flow- just with a body
and the tide and the possibility of clothing or whatever catching in the vegetation on the bank... Is the bottom muddy?

I think they think she may have ended in the sea if she exited the fields and then entered the river from a different point. If that makes sense... That's my understanding.
Yes, I think something like this may have happened, which means she'll be found in the sea or much closer to it and very soon I think and hope.

They have access to her all phone data, and are privy to the last work call, her (re) negotiation of her mortgage, her last email to her boss, and her meeting with her boss the day before. They will have built up a profile.
Negotiation of her mortgage? Are you referring to her dad's comment? I don't think he meant it as her own personal mortgage, just that she set it up for a customer.

They have access to her all phone data, and are privy to the last work call, her (re) negotiation of her mortgage, her last email to her boss, and her meeting with her boss the day before. They will have built up a profile.

Ah, I missed the detail about NB's mortgage. Her family said something about NB being 'happy about her mortgage' but I actually took that as a mortgage deal in the course of her job.

Ah, I missed the detail about NB's mortgage. Her family said something about NB being 'happy about her mortgage' but I actually took that as a mortgage deal in the course of her job.
Like you, to me it read like a mortgage deal she closed for work. Not her own personal mortgage!

Last edited:
Do they know for sure the cctv wasn’t working or is this just what they’ve been told.
Seems quite a quiet area so where does everyone else walk their dogs when they’ve dropped off school kids. Is there a reason hardly anyone goes to the fields such as issues with walking off lead.
As a dog walker myself and have been for years, the very large Common I take my dog is busy with dog walkers between approximately 07:30 and 09:00.

After that you just have the occasional walker as most everyone else has gone back home to get on with their day. So I’m not at all surprised the area would have been quiet after 09:00 when NB was there. I believe just a small handful of walkers were captured on CCTV or spotted when NB was there at 09:10 (the last sighting of her).

I’m also confused why the one CCTV that isn’t working is frequently mentioned. I know that’s their one black spot, but how would anyone know it wasn’t working?

That is after the event.
The walk 9.10-9.20 phone at bench 9.20
Due to log out of team meet 9.30.
That did not happen.
First witness arrives 9.33

Police timeline has never changed.
The significant window remains at 9.20-9.30.

The rest is witnesses who arrived after the event. LE are protecting them and rightly so.
Their actions do not change the time of the 'event'
People have vanished without a trace much quicker than 10 mins. I disagree with that I'd like to know what went on from 9.33 to 10.50. There are witnesses everywhere from 8.40 to 9.33 yet none at 9.33 to 10.50??

you would think that people familiar with this river do know the currents and the approximate timing of the flow- just with a body
and the tide and the possibility of clothing or whatever catching in the vegetation on the bank... Is the bottom muddy?

We’ve established today that this old case might be a very useful reference point re flow characteristics and potential recovery site-

The Shard Bridge mud flats seem to have been where others have been found previously.

Its the law to have details on the tags here.
Only a telephone number. You don’t have your address on the tag for obvious reasons.

The law states all dogs must be chipped, which mine is, but there’s no law stating you must have all details on a small tag. Just a telephone number is sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member