Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 2023 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, I think the difference here is that most of the WS cases under discussion involve police declaring they suspect foul play, and the case being treated as a criminal investigation which invites us to put forth ideas and theories.
We had none of that here. Police/Investigators were firm from the beginning that the evidence pointed to NB being lost to the water.

While it is true the Coroner could not provide why or where NB entered the water, they had sufficient evidence to know NB manually turned up the volume on her phone at 9:18 AM, and at about 15 minutes later, she was nowhere to be seen, and her much-beloved pet left alone. And no third-party involvement in those unexplained 15 minutes was also explained. JMO
I’m thinking along the lines of Ellen Greenberg, Rebecca Zahau, and other cases where there has been an official ruling whether suicide or accidental that the public have differing opinions of. Cases as recent as Debbie Collier the poor lady whose cause of death was inhalation of superheated gases and thermal burns caused many to wonder whether she died of homicide, accidentally or suicide. There’s many more that there’s been an official finding of no foul play for where the discussion continues long afterwards because people interpret the evidence differently.

Personally I didn’t think there was enough to exclude all other possibilities, I’m not looking specifically for evidence to prove anything, I’m looking for the evidence that disproves each possibility to the point that the conclusion is accidental. But as I’ve said above I understand we don’t have all the evidence and have no right to it all so I’m just basing these thoughts off what we have heard. I just like to hear what others are thinking and listening to others opinions on the cases we discuss.
MOO

Sorry if people took offence to my posts it honestly wasn’t my intention I just prefer to keep my discussion to Websleuths as opposed to other places online where the facts get warped, opinions get very unrealistic and become malicious at times!

I think the police didn’t do any favours for fuelling public speculation though how they revealed details of Nicolas personal struggles which turned out to have absolutely no relevance to her being missing. Hopefully this will change the way certain police forces act during these investigations. I certainly hope some of the accusations put towards family and friends of Nicola are acted on as a result. Some of the things on social media etc are vile that’s why I choose to come here to discuss my opinions and always try to tread carefully, as these are real people’s lives and the loss of any victims whether of accidents, suicides or murders definitely deserve to be treated with dignity and respect above all else.

I know both a video and a couple of images were shown during evidence and for me, the only thing I'm curious about is the two specific areas where it's believed NB entered the water:

Police diver giving evidence​

The inquest is now hearing from PC Matthew Thackray from the North West Police Underwater Search & Marine Unit. PC Thackeray has been a police diver for eight years.

PC Thackray is describing the scene of the riverbank where Nikki was last seen and using a series of photographs to point out the location and the bench where Nikki’s phone was found. “These pictures were taken to try to show the slope down the banking towards the river itself,” he said.

The images show the two areas of sloping with the second much steeper than the first. PC Thackray said that although the river level was higher than normal there was around a 1 metre drop the day Nikki went missing. Pointing out a cut out at the bottom of the steep banking, he suggests this “could have been made by fishermen”.

Dr Adeley asks: “If you have fallen and gone over the edge of the steep section are you going to stop before you hit the water?” PC Thackery replied: “No. You would just go into the water.”
^^BBM

I’m thinking along the lines of Ellen Greenberg, Rebecca Zahau, and other cases where there has been an official ruling whether suicide or accidental that the public have differing opinions of. Cases as recent as Debbie Collier the poor lady whose cause of death was inhalation of superheated gases and thermal burns caused many to wonder whether she died of homicide, accidentally or suicide. There’s many more that there’s been an official finding of no foul play for where the discussion continues long afterwards because people interpret the evidence differently.

Personally I didn’t think there was enough to exclude all other possibilities, I’m not looking specifically for evidence to prove anything, I’m looking for the evidence that disproves each possibility to the point that the conclusion is accidental. But as I’ve said above I understand we don’t have all the evidence and have no right to it all so I’m just basing these thoughts off what we have heard. I just like to hear what others are thinking and listening to others opinions on the cases we discuss.
MOO

I can't speak to Ellen Greenberg but I'm very familiar with Rebecca's case which led me to WS, and also Debbie Collier. IMO, neither of these two cases is comparable as there's a factual basis to speculate.

In the Zahau case, despite the manner of death declared a suicide, a jury actually convicted an individual for her wrongful death.

And for Collier, Police held a press conference and initially told the public her death was a homicide: .... quickly ruled a homicide with police describing it as a “personal and targeted” murder and “’not a random act of violence”.

Collier Homicide

I know both a video and a couple of images were shown during evidence and for me, the only thing I'm curious about is the two specific areas where it's believed NB entered the water:

^^BBM
Me too. I trust the verdict, but still can’t get my head around there being that ledge of rocks not breaking her fall.

Me too. I trust the verdict, but still can’t get my head around there being that ledge of rocks not breaking her fall.

When the case first broke and it was reported that the water was around 2 foot deep at St Michaels on the river monitoring site that day it seemed hard to imagine an accidental drowning, but having now seen the police diver video it seems totally plausible Nicola could have fallen in and drowned. The water was 4m deep immediately below the bench.

I'll watch with interest to see if this changes over the next few months as the stories of a few key witnesses could sell for some decent money now
^^rsbbm

As an FYI, WS is a facts-based forum where given the verdict has been delivered, I think we can expect this case thread will soon be closed to additional posts.

Also, I really think social media forums are best suited for OP's speculation and discussion of the key witnesses.

ADMIN NOTE:

Okay folks .. this discussion has run its course. The Coroner has concluded Nicola's death was accidental, and LE and the family seem to be comfortable with that conclusion.

The thread is closed unless/until there is a major development that justifies the discussion being revisited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia