Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire), Jan 2023 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she fell in where he peers down at 'the rocks' that form a vertical wall, how could she have fallen downwards then tumbled over those into the water without sustaining injuries at the very least on her head / face and hands? The rest of her she had winter clothes but even so wouldn't there be bruises where she'd hit on them?

Or when they say she had 'no injuries' do they mean no injuries that could have caused her death, say for example if she'd been assaulted?
Autopsy reported yesterday. It's upthread together with every single published detail of the proceedings.

I first saw this photo before NB's body was recovered and I recall my first thought was that her dog, Willow, was probably fond of water. And when I read that Willow was like NB's third child, I think she may have sacrificed her life for her dog.

For example, if NB was running to Willow's aid and hit a rut or rock, I can see NB falling flying forward, headfirst into the water versus slipping from a slow pace and trying to break one's fall.

I hope her parents, family, and friends can now begin to heal and support each other. #RIP NB.

1688007257120.png

1688008723574.png

1688008765957.png

MSM Photo Credit

Last edited:
I first saw this photo before NB's body was recovered and I recall my first thought was that her dog, Willow, was probably fond of water. And when I read that Willow was like NB's third child, I think she may have sacrificed her life for her dog.

For example, if NB was running to Willow's aid and hitting a rut or rock, I can see NB falling flying forward, headfirst into the water versus slipping from a slow pace and trying to break one's fall.

I hope her parents, family, and friends can now begin to heal and support each other. #RIP NB.

View attachment 431662

View attachment 431664

View attachment 431665

MSM Photo Credit
And Willow who must be missing her terribly/

27 June 2023

Nicola Bulley’s family slammed online trolls after a coroner ruled that the mother-of-two died by accident after falling into a river near her home.

A statement issued outside the court on behalf of Ms Bulley’s family urged people “people to look at the facts” and ignore on those spreading baseless theories on the internet.

“We encourage people to look at the facts, the evidence which has been heard during the inquest, and the conclusion reached by the coroner, to ignore any amateur views and opinions, and be mindful of the impact words bring,” the statement said.

Ms Bulley died after accidentally falling into the River Wyre in freezing temperatures, an inquest into her death concluded.

She was walking her springer spaniel Willow when she accidentally fell into the water, with experts stating it would have been “almost impossible to swim against the current”.

We both agree she was most likely on the bench at 9.15 listening into her work teams call (surely we agree on that).
The Fitbit recorded 230 yards of walking between 9.15 and 9.30.
The coroner report indicates 9.22 as time of entering the water. Where has she walked the 230 yards between 9.18 (time she turned volume up) and 9.22?
Remember that although Fitbit is ostensibly recording *steps*, the actual sensor is on the wrist. It interprets a jarring movement at the wrist as an assumed step, but it does not actually require a step or movement of the legs. Energetic piano playing or typing can easily register as "steps". When I spend the day gardening while kneeling, I get lots of "steps" due to my active arm movements.

This is unpleasant to envision, but if NB flailed around at all after falling into the water, or each time her arm or any part of her body hit the bank or bumped along the bottom or basically had any movement that was staccato/jarring, the fitbit could easily count that as a step. I could see 230 "steps" of this kind being recorded in the few minutes AFTER she fell in. :(

MOO

We both agree she was most likely on the bench at 9.15 listening into her work teams call (surely we agree on that).
The Fitbit recorded 230 yards of walking between 9.15 and 9.30.
The coroner report indicates 9.22 as time of entering the water. Where has she walked the 230 yards between 9.18 (time she turned volume up) and 9.22?
I thought Fitbits record in steps, not yards? But I also don't own one - could you clarify please?

27 June 2023

Nicola Bulley’s family slammed online trolls after a coroner ruled that the mother-of-two died by accident after falling into a river near her home.

A statement issued outside the court on behalf of Ms Bulley’s family urged people “people to look at the facts” and ignore on those spreading baseless theories on the internet.

“We encourage people to look at the facts, the evidence which has been heard during the inquest, and the conclusion reached by the coroner, to ignore any amateur views and opinions, and be mindful of the impact words bring,” the statement said.

Ms Bulley died after accidentally falling into the River Wyre in freezing temperatures, an inquest into her death concluded.

She was walking her springer spaniel Willow when she accidentally fell into the water, with experts stating it would have been “almost impossible to swim against the current”.
honestly I think the lawyers should have gone further about the trolls. They were and still are disgusting.

running up and down with Willow?

27 June 2023

The problem with this statement is when you look at the facts from the Inquest, it causes you to question some aspects of the conclusion reached.
I've no problem accepting she died of drowning, that Paul had zero involvement and that she didn't take her own life.
Other aspects of the testimonies cause me to question the time and how she entered the water, so in that sense it's OK to look at and question the facts

Remember that although Fitbit is ostensibly recording *steps*, the actual sensor is on the wrist. It interprets a jarring movement at the wrist as an assumed step, but it does not actually require a step or movement of the legs. Energetic piano playing or typing can easily register as "steps". When I spend the day gardening while kneeling, I get lots of "steps" due to my active arm movements.

This is unpleasant to envision, but if NB flailed around at all after falling into the water, or each time her arm or any part of her body hit the bank or bumped along the bottom or basically had any movement that was staccato/jarring, the fitbit could easily count that as a step. I could see 230 "steps" of this kind being recorded in the few minutes AFTER she fell in. :(

MOO
That's a very good point and could well explain the steps.
One point coming from that though is what would cause it to stop recording at 9.30 as there'd still be movement after then?

honestly I think the lawyers should have gone further about the trolls. They were and still are disgusting.

I'm not sure how 'lawyers' could do this though. Whose lawyers, paid for by whom and tasked with what? How can they, if they did exist, take action against multiple and various members of the public both known and unidentified using social media nicknames and many of whom not based in the UK? Also on what grounds?

I'm not saying it *can't* be done but I personally would think it unlikely because I'm not sure it's against the law to speculate and pass opinion or delve into a case the way that some youtubers for example did. Maybe it is but if so, how would that be tackled?

I'm sorry for this gruesome question but can someone tell me...

If a person drowns because they suddenly and unexpectedly fell hard into a cold river and maybe hit a couple of rocks with their whole body weight, they would land in that near freezing cold and moving water in a state of shock and possibly 'winded', if they'd submerged under water and the saturated weight of their clothes was pulling them under plus their boots were instantly filling with water, plus they were disoriented and panicking, they involuntarily gasp for air and their mouth, nose, lungs flood with freezing cold river water... they're choked...

Then what!? How long does it take a person to pass away in this situation? Would it have been immediate loss of consciousness?

I'm not sure how 'lawyers' could do this though. Whose lawyers, paid for by whom and tasked with what? How can they, if they did exist, take action against multiple and various members of the public both known and unidentified using social media nicknames and many of whom not based in the UK? Also on what grounds?

I'm not saying it *can't* be done but I personally would think it unlikely because I'm not sure it's against the law to speculate and pass opinion or delve into a case the way that some youtubers for example did. Maybe it is but if so, how would that be tackled?
The lawyers do exist we know that and they are top lawyers who are experts at suing people. One youtuber at least has been told to take down his videos after being arrested and is on bail I believe. Also some comments are not just speculating they are writing as if its fact and some of the things people are accusing others of and naming them at least would be libel I would think.

You are correct, but what I did with this is convert this via Google into how many yards this is
Apologies for my laziness, but do you remember how many steps were recorded on the fitbit that morning? Between 9.15-9.30 approx

If she fell in where he peers down at 'the rocks' that form a vertical wall, how could she have fallen downwards then tumbled over those into the water without sustaining injuries at the very least on her head / face and hands? The rest of her she had winter clothes but even so wouldn't there be bruises where she'd hit on them?

Or when they say she had 'no injuries' do they mean no injuries that could have caused her death, say for example if she'd been assaulted?

She had bruising to her knees and to the inside and outside of her upper arms. Remember that dead bodies can’t bruise, so these injuries must have been sustained before she died. The bruising to her knees could be consistent with the rocky surface of the river bed, but I have no idea how she could have sustained bruising to her upper arms. I think that bruising should have been questioned more but then we don’t have the information the coroner has.

Unless as has been suggested above she literally went flying in head first after tripping on a rock or something sticking out the ground, I have no idea how she ended up in there and from the coroners summing up, he doesn’t either. The bruising to her arms aswell as the lack of the sound of willow even barking seems to be an unlikely combination if Nicola tripped and fell. I understand willow may not have gone into the river but from what I understand about dogs, especially ones as loyal to their owners as willow (she is described as their 3rd child) had willow been alone I find it unlikely that she wouldn’t have been barking continuously to Nicola or to get attention of someone to come and help. Unless there was someone already there who quickly tied Willow up and calmed her, or Willow may not have witnessed Nicola falling which could mean she wasn’t in the immediate area at the time which then begs the question of the harness. It must have been a very unfortunate and unlikely series of events that led to Nicola falling into the water for all these things to have occurred at once and for Nicola to have injured her arms somehow in the fall.

I don’t like wondering out loud out of respect to her family, I don’t want to come across as insensitive or insincere because I really do sympathise with the enormity of their grief. The only facts other than drowning being the cause of death that suggest IMO an accidental fall are Nicola turning the volume up on her phone and the positioning of Willow’s harness on the ground. But I am a member of the public like we all are and have no access to additional information. They both suggest she left the bench to attach willows harness, but then wouldn’t willow have seen Nicola fall in and been barking for someone to come and help? Who exactly found the harness and the phone? Were they both found at the same time as willow?

All MOO

If a person drowns because they suddenly and unexpectedly fell hard into a cold river and maybe hit a couple of rocks with their whole body weight, they would land in that near freezing cold and moving water in a state of shock and possibly 'winded', if they'd submerged under water and the saturated weight of their clothes was pulling them under plus their boots were instantly filling with water, plus they were disoriented and panicking, they involuntarily gasp for air and their mouth, nose, lungs flood with freezing cold river water... they're choked...

Then what!? How long does it take a person to pass away in this situation? Would it have been immediate loss of consciousness?
Coroner answered that. IIRC seconds. Under a minute.

Jmo

They said that if she inhaled water, from what I gathered it would have taken around 2 breaths which is around 2 litres. I don’t know if that would change depending on how hard she hit the surface of the water. There’s no way really to know exactly how long she spent above the surface, they said it would have been seconds 30 being the most but more likely would have been less because of the temperature of the water that day she would have quickly become disoriented and succumbed. The coldness aswell as the speed of the current would have affected the amount of time taken for Nicola to pass away. IMO the temperature would have made it similar to plunging into iced water, it wasn’t far off 0 degrees and the shock of ending up in there the body instinctively takes a breath which would then put water into her lungs and leave only one or two more breaths before complete unconsciousness occurred.

I think that it correct anyway it’s what I gathered from the reporting updates but JMO. Even though it was quick I would imagine that had willow been close by even did she was distracted and sniffing something or running around she would have been alerted by the sound of Nicola hitting the water, it’s just very unusual IMO that she wasn’t heard barking, As we now know the temperature of the water was below 4 degrees that day I think that may have factored in why willow didn’t go in also, just feeling that coldness on her nose or feet she’d have known it was extremely cold and unsafe to enter. Dogs are more intelligent than we give them credit for.

Although she may have been barking but if no one was in the area to hear it wouldn’t have attracted anyone’s attention. Though someone heard screams from a long way away and reported that they sounded like ‘inhale screams’ (not sure how you’d be able to tell from a second or so scream whether it was inhaling or exhaling but that’s another point) so I’d expect if even someone quite a distance away heard barking they’d have reported this upon hearing Nicola was missing as I’m sure pretty much everyone in the area knew about her and Willow.

MOO

Last edited:
The lawyers do exist we know that and they are top lawyers who are experts at suing people. One youtuber at least has been told to take down his videos after being arrested and is on bail I believe. Also some comments are not just speculating they are writing as if its fact and some of the things people are accusing others of and naming them at least would be libel I would think.

OK thanks for this info. I imagine that such a lawyer would be extremely expensive to engage and that there are many individuals, however, it's good to know that action can be taken and can be effective.

From some of the stuff I've seen, people do feel truly convinced of certain arguments and therefore I suppose they would state stuff as 'fact' when it's only rumour or assumption or mis-reported info or even plucked out of thin air. We live in strange times.

Notably at the same time as NB went missing, a young man from west london went missing in the area I live. It barely made the news and when he was found a few days later sadly passed away drowned in a canal quite far away from his intended destination, as far as I know it didn't ignite any such speculation even though it seemed (to me) quite an odd set of circumstances indeed. It's odd what catches people's imaginations and then drives them to take it further.

They said that if she inhaled water, from what I gathered it would have taken around 2 breaths which is around 2 litres. I don’t know if that would change depending on how hard she hit the surface of the water. There’s no way really to know exactly how long she spent above the surface, they said it would have been seconds 30 being the most but more likely would have been less because of the temperature of the water that day she would have quickly become disoriented and succumbed. The coldness aswell as the speed of the current would have affected the amount of time taken for Nicola to pass away. IMO the temperature would have made it similar to plunging into iced water, it wasn’t far off 0 degrees and the shock of ending up in there the body instinctively takes a breath which would then put water into her lungs and leave only one or two more breaths before complete unconsciousness occurred.

I think that it correct anyway it’s what I gathered from the reporting updates but JMO. Even though it was quick I would imagine that had willow been close by even did she was distracted and sniffing something or running around she would have been alerted by the sound of Nicola hitting the water, it’s just very unusual IMO that she wasn’t heard barking, As we now know the temperature of the water was below 4 degrees that day I think that may have factored in why willow didn’t go in also, just feeling that coldness on her nose or feet she’d have known it was extremely cold and unsafe to enter. Dogs are more intelligent than we give them credit for.

Although she may have been barking but if no one was in the area to hear it wouldn’t have attracted anyone’s attention. Though someone heard screams from a long way away and reported that they sounded like ‘inhale screams’ (not sure how you’d be able to tell from a second or so scream whether it was inhaling or exhaling but that’s another point) so I’d expect if even someone quite a distance away heard barking they’d have reported this upon hearing Nicola was missing as I’m sure pretty much everyone in the area knew about her and Willow.

MOO

Thanks for the info, I hope poor Nicola didn't suffer too much at the end, it doesn't bear thinking about, poor love, may she rest in peace now. :(

OK thanks for this info. I imagine that such a lawyer would be extremely expensive to engage and that there are many individuals, however, it's good to know that action can be taken and can be effective.

From some of the stuff I've seen, people do feel truly convinced of certain arguments and therefore I suppose they would state stuff as 'fact' when it's only rumour or assumption or mis-reported info or even plucked out of thin air. We live in strange times.

Notably at the same time as NB went missing, a young man from west london went missing in the area I live. It barely made the news and when he was found a few days later sadly passed away drowned in a canal quite far away from his intended destination, as far as I know it didn't ignite any such speculation even though it seemed (to me) quite an odd set of circumstances indeed. It's odd what catches people's imaginations and then drives them to take it further.
they can feel convinced as much as they like but it isnt a fact. Its been declared a fact it was accidental death so to see people still stating with out any doubt that Paul is guilty is just wrong. Also today NF Nicolas friend posted on her page but I dont think that can be posted here but its just shocking what some of the group have been through.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member