GUILTY UK - Nicole Smallman, 27 & Bibaa Henry 46, Archdeacon's daughters, murdered London park, 7 June 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Immediate imprisonment" was only possible sentence Judge could pass
Speaking after sentencing, Judge Mark Lucraft told the court that in this case, "immediate imprisonment" was the only possible sentence he could pass.

Whilst he accepted that remorse had been shown by the pair, their actions and the context of the messages had been "utterly distasteful" and had reduced the public's trust in the police.

Met Police officers to be sentenced for taking pictures of murdered sisters

Thank you for the updates @Alyce . Such a heartbreaking case in so many ways.
I'm glad they got some time even though I'd hoped they would get a little longer.

Side note: I've been hearing that Whatsapp is making it easier for people to delete messages forever, so I hope it won't encourage people.

In a victim impact statement shared in the Old Bailey on Monday, the murdered sisters' mother Mina Smallman said, "If it had not been for an anonymous tip-off to the IOPC (Independent Office for Police Conduct) we would never have known."

On June 19 last year, the police watchdog received an anonymous "tip-off" about Lewis.

As a result of information he provided, Jaffer was also arrested three days later.

When his wife asked why he was being arrested, Jaffer said it was about a photograph he had taken and "nothing done intentionally".

An examination of the officers' phones revealed that the inappropriate images had been shared on WhatsApp.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-police-officers-who-shared-25624843

Thank you for the updates @Alyce . Such a heartbreaking case in so many ways.
I'm glad they got some time even though I'd hoped they would get a little longer.

Side note: I've been hearing that Whatsapp is making it easier for people to delete messages forever, so I hope it won't encourage people.

I also hoped they would get a longer sentence or at least have to spend all of the 2 yrs 9 months in prison.

Thanks also to Ched for keeping us updated

Mina Smallman: ‘The police suffer from a crisis of moral leadership – it’s a culture which attracts predators’

Yesterday (Monday, December 6) both men were sentenced to two years, nine months in jail after pleading guilty to misconduct in public office. In her first full newspaper interview since either trial, Smallman says the ordeal has left her suffering with post traumatic stress disorder, her emotions oscillating wildly from numbness to denial to screaming out for her murdered children in her sleep.

“There is this desire I will be able to put that to bed and really take on the fact they have gone,” the 65-year-old says. “To finally not try and put on a brave face.”

That said, Smallman intends to continue campaigning in memory of her daughters and exposing the “endemic toxic culture” within the police who failed her family at every turn. She says she would like to meet the two now former officers – whom she refers to as “Despicable One and Despicable Two” – to seek restorative justice and has asked the police to make an approach.

“It’s important to me they understand sorry is not enough,” she says. “I want to know that they feel a sense of shame.”

After holding off for many months, she has also publicly called for the resignation of Metropolitan Police commissioner Dame Cressida Dick. Following the publication of the IOPC report last month, Dame Cressida issued an apology to the family and offered to meet Smallman – an invitation she has declined.

“Her main role through all of this has been to protect the brand,” she says. “Where was her humanity?”

“Part of the job is about upholding moral standards but from what we are seeing coming out, that isn’t going on,” she says. “There is racism, misogyny, sexism – awful crimes. I just think more is going to come out.”

As she points out: “Because the culture has been allowed to flourish, it has attracted predators.”

Appeal judgement for Jaffer and Lewis from here:

Attachments

• Collins-Lewis-Jaffer-judgment-300522.pdf
    379.1 KB · Views: 6
Two ex-officers jailed for taking photos of murdered sisters released

Two former police officers jailed for taking photos of murdered sisters have been released early despite one of them offering to share the sickening images again.

Mina Smallman, the mother of the victims, said yesterday she feared the gruesome pictures of their bodies could re-emerge after one of the jailed officers lied about deleting them and was overheard offering to show others.

She spoke out as the Mail can exclusively reveal today that Deniz Jaffer, 49, and Jamie Lewis, 34, have been let out of prison early after serving less than 17 months.

The two constables were jailed for two years and nine months in December 2021 for misconduct in public office but have been released automatically after serving half of their sentence.

:mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back