Identified! UK - nr. Brighton, WhtFem, 20-25yrs, 5'4", found at water's edge, 20 Dec 2022, distinctive tattoos - Dovile Survilaite

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The insect tattoo looks somewhat like a scarab beetle, Egyptian? imo
Skyline Turkey?
https://www.google.com/search? q=s...kgEDNS4ymAEAoAEByAEKwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

1678224176616.png

Attachments

• 1678224289872.png
    1678224289872.png
    488.5 KB · Views: 20
I don't know about the tattoo being Brighton... I lived there many years and the Pavilion is a very familiar icon... for example it's on (or was on) the local authority letterhead. A first glimpse of that tattoo doesn't jump out as that silhouette to me, however it could just be crudely done.

I wonder if there is any symbolism in the crescent moon?

I don't know about the tattoo being Brighton... I lived there many years and the Pavilion is a very familiar icon... for example it's on (or was on) the local authority letterhead. A first glimpse of that tattoo doesn't jump out as that silhouette to me, however it could just be crudely done.

I wonder if there is any symbolism in the crescent moon?
This moon faces the same direction as depicted in tattoo..

Flag of Turkmenistan​

Flag of Turkmenistan

Vzb83/Wikimedia Commons/Public Domain

The clothing description makes me wonder if she was dressed for an indoor exercise class…like aerobics or yoga…prior to her demise.

Not much help really but if I were investigating I’d circulate description & artist’s sketch to all exercise classes in possible areas where she might have entered the water. Considering the skimpy clothing she was wearing, it’s likely that some of the distinctive tattoos would have been on display. Due to the current popularity of tattoos, other youngsters tend to take notice of others ‘inking’.

Also circulate the same information to all known tattoo studios in the area.

PS For some reason the simplis tic tattoo of a cat/kitten ( which I find quite charming) makes me feel particularly sad for this young lady….perhaps having 3 young adult children who are soppy about their pets ….& in my minds eye helps me to see her as someone‘s loved child, a living breathing person rather than a body washed up on a beach.

So very sad. I hope her family can be traced. Someone surely is missing her.

Last edited:
The insect tattoo looks somewhat like a scarab beetle, Egyptian? imo
Skyline Turkey?
https://www.google.com/search? q=s...kgEDNS4ymAEAoAEByAEKwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

View attachment 407674
The scarab beetle tattoo is a popular choice for those of Egyptian heritage and anyone that is a fan of the look and history. The scarab is found in every part of the world except for Antarctica. They are about 10 percent of all beetle. These scarabs have a rich history and meaning so if you are looking for a beetle with this kind of past, the scarab tattoo might be the one for you.

I think they're pretty "trendy" tattoos, and probably don't hold much significance, I've seen so many swallows and beetles on my peers

Incredibly sad no one is missing this woman.

It does look middle eastern, do I see stars too?
The star and crescent symbol.
Maybe she was inspired after travelling at some stage?

I can't say I notice many peoples tats, so wouldn't register with me unless I really knew that person as a friend.

It does look middle eastern, do I see stars too?
The star and crescent symbol.
Maybe she was inspired after travelling at some stage?

I can't say I notice many peoples tats, so wouldn't register with me unless I really knew that person as a friend.
I do think IMO, that given the history with MSM lately - the Nicola Bulley case and the 5 in the crash in Wales - the Daily Mail could pull its finger out and feature this. It has worldwide click coverage fgs. Might as well find a positive use for it !

Last edited by a moderator:
I do think IMO, that given the history with MSM lately - the Nicola Bulley case and the 5 in the crash in Wales - the Daily Mail could pull its finger out and feature this. It has worldwide click coverage fgs. Might as well find a positive use for it !

Ha! I was just thinking the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_20230307_233854.jpg

This is where I've searched up to. If anyone else would like to search, just put "tattoo studio Saltdean" into Google and cross reference parlours with Instagram. I've searched and looked at every post on the above 5 studios (including my previous post). I've also clicked on artists affiliated with the studios to view their pages, as individual studios won't list every bit of work every artist has done - that's what their individual accounts are for.

The swallow and scarab look trad/neo trad, and the cat looks hand poked - if these help with search terms etc.

I thoroughly believe that in this day and age, that this young lady's tattoos are photographed as work by the artists who have inked them, and therefore will be online. We've got to imagine if she had them from when she was 18+, upto if they've estimated 25 years, yes we are in the trendy Instagram age of a young woman showing off her tattoos by hashtags, and the artists demonstrating their work on their pages or the pages of the studios they work for.

I will continue searching this way and hope others can join in. Tomorrow I'll message some studios and ask if they would be willing to distribute the police page for this young lady.

Edit: even if we don't find the lady's account, the beauty of artists is that they more often than not will caption a tattoo photograph like: "today I did this teddy bear for X, thanks, X!"

I honestly don't think her tattoos are up to the standards you'd find in the majority of tattoo studios in that area or most other areas in the UK. That's not an insult, it is just a subjective opinion. I think she - IMO - got those tattoos from different artists outside of the UK.

View attachment 407715

This is where I've searched up to. If anyone else would like to search, just put "tattoo studio Saltdean" into Google and cross reference parlours with Instagram. I've searched and looked at every post on the above 5 studios (including my previous post). I've also clicked on artists affiliated with the studios to view their pages, as individual studios won't list every bit of work every artist has done - that's what their individual accounts are for.

The swallow and scarab look trad/neo trad, and the cat looks hand poked - if these help with search terms etc.

I thoroughly believe that in this day and age, that this young lady's tattoos are photographed as work by the artists who have inked them, and therefore will be online. We've got to imagine if she had them from when she was 18+, upto if they've estimated 25 years, yes we are in the trendy Instagram age of a young woman showing off her tattoos by hashtags, and the artists demonstrating their work on their pages or the pages of the studios they work for.

I will continue searching this way and hope others can join in. Tomorrow I'll message some studios and ask if they would be willing to distribute the police page for this young lady.

Edit: even if we don't find the lady's account, the beauty of artists is that they more often than not will caption a tattoo photograph like: "today I did this teddy bear for X, thanks, X!"
Thank you very much for your efforts, @JumpingFrog. I don't know the first thing about tattoos, so all this info and jargon is really helpful, as well as everyone's ideas about where she might have come from, both originally and immediately before her death.

Somebody must be missing her and searching for answers from a different starting point. It would be great if we can find some missing link that will bring the two different lines of enquiry together, identify her, and bring her loved ones some peace.

Hi all. I came across this case as a tattoo artist I follow on instagram just shared it, so it is being shared across the tattoo artist community. Hopefully this poor woman can be identified soon.

To me they don’t look unfinished, but more like simple line drawing tattoos that are quite trendy at the moment.

Agree the skyline looks vaguely middle eastern.

With her being found on 20th December, I wonder if she could be an international student who her housemates thought was going home for Christmas, which perhaps could account for her not being reported missing.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MisstressNifer
Back