GUILTY UK - Nurse accused in insulin poisonings, deaths at Stepping Hill Hospital, 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RL could be summarily dismissed following a disciplinary hearing for the theft of drugs.

I will be surprised if she doesn't lose her job. If she does, the NMC will have to review the conditions of practice and very likely would suspend her from practice

if they found the drugs in her possession, why would they drop the charges? perhaps b/c they can't prove she took them from the hospital?

did someone frame her? is that person still working at the hospital? is this story going to fade and then a few years down the road we hear about more incidents at a hospital & they link the perpatrator back to these deaths?

I think about this case a lot & I feel bad for the victims' families who must be very frustrated at the lack of answers/justice

http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/press_releases/124_11/
This is the statement by the CPS explaining that they've dropped all charges and why they dropped the theft of medication charge.
Rebecca Leighton also faced one charge of theft of medication belonging to the hospital. This charge has also been discontinued. Mr Afzal said: "While there is sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction on this charge, we have decided it is not in the public interest to proceed as Rebecca Leighton would be likely to receive a nominal penalty given the time she has already spent in custody."

Cannot understand her wanting to go back to that Hospital in the first place under those restrictions . Did she return, the Sun said she had returned but another report said she had not. Police have a hard job on their hands but they got Shipman from that area. I don't think the Hospital had any other option there would have been a patient revolt had she returned I would imagine. Especially as Police are now satisfied 19 people were unlawfully poisoned and they are not totally sure that she did not do it. I bet she will be working somewhere in the healthcare system in some capacity before long.

A team of 65 officers is working to find who contaminated the saline.
Wonder what happened about the boyfriend and the milk contamination.

during investigation, she notified nmc that she had a painkiller from the hospital for personal use as she was suffering from a severe throat infection.
what was she doing working. She should have gone to see her doctor and stayed off work not spreading infection to patients who were already frail. Just an excuse imo.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jan/06/stepping-hill-nurse-arrested-named

A nurse arrested by detectives investigating the Stepping Hill hospital poisonings has been named by sources as Victorino Chua.
Chua worked on the same wards at the time the patients were poisoned last summer.

The suspect was held after another nurse noticed the medical records of a patient on Ward A3 were altered overnight between 2 and 3 January.

The patient whose records were altered was given medicine he should not have received, but was not harmed.

I really hope the media hasn't ruined someone else's life by naming them before they go to trial.

Was it his finger prints on the saline bags with RLs. They have taken information from his computer wonder what they will find. Can't understand that you would do that if you know Police are still investigating found 2nd 3rd January, or was he sure he would get away with it. Let's hope they get to the bottom of it, wonder if others are involved. They have him until 10.10 tomorrow

Interesting-- A nurse arrested on suspicion of tampering with medical records at Stepping Hill Hospital, Stockport, has now been arrested on suspicion of murdering three patients.
Victorino Chua, 46, is also being held on suspicion of 18 counts of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.

More at BBC link

A process of elimination it seems, might go full circle. Wonder if they are investigating previous employment, who knows what they might find. They are dealing with very clever people here but they got Shipman so I have every confidence they will get to the bottom of it. Someone will slip up or give evidence at some stage. I don't think they will let this go.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurkeyDinosaur
Back