GUILTY UK - Nurse accused in insulin poisonings, deaths at Stepping Hill Hospital, 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
kINGFISHER, I would be really interested to hear why you are so convinced that RL committed this criime
And I would be really be interested to here your views on why she has not commited the crime, as they have not ruled her out .

We are only privy to what is reported in the press.

At this stage the CPS are keeping their options open which is to be expected

I haven't time to collate links atm but will put my case for the defense later this evening

I feel RL's got a cleaner bill of health than anyone working at the hospital, at this point. GMP and CPS dug and dug and produced nothing. Especially those whose fingerprints were allegedly found in the relevant areas - has law enforcement been over each of them with the fine tooth comb they used on Rebecca? I think not.

OK. From when she was first questioned and then charged, no one, to my knowledge, has condemned her as a nurse, no friends, no colleagues. Patients had not complained. She must have been a competent nurse as she was acting Ward Sister.

No one has spoken about her as an oddball, bad tempered, or with a side to her.

The CPS have dropped the charges which were based on a fingerprint on a bag of saline and on the base of a container of insulin/antibiotic for iv use.

It has since been reported that the saline bag with RL'S prints on has not been tampered with, the saline bags that were tampered with had NONE of her prints on and the bottle of insulin/antibiotic has every reason to have her prints as she used it in her line of duty.

Allitt had had warning signs, something was odd about her even when she was a student nurse, she had munchausens by proxy.

Colin Norris hated elderly women.

What would have been a motive, she couldn't have created situations where she would be the hero with insulin in drips

And according to this Daily mail link

"Now, according to police sources, the investigation is focusing on evidence suggesting that two individuals are responsible for poisoning saline solutions.
Officers found evidence of two different sets of fingerprints on tampered stock. The police investigation was hampered over the past two months by the difficulty of establishing who had access to medical supplies at the hospital and because of lack of security over where they were stored.
Police believe they are close to apprehending one of the two people they believe sabotaged the saline solutions. The suspect is male, works within the hospital and has access to the medical supplies.
A police source told The Mail on Sunday last night: ‘The entire investigation has been fraught with difficulties but it is believed that there may be at least two individuals responsible. One of them, a man, has already been spoken to by detectives and his fingerprints are on one of the pivotal damaged sets of saline solution.
‘There is also a different set of fingerprints on the other damaged solution, pointing to the fact that there are two people responsible.
‘It is unclear at the moment whether the man acted alone but police are pursuing the idea that he may be a copycat “killer”.
‘It is too early to say at this point but the net is definitely closing in.’

IMO Rebecca Leighton did not tamper with the saline bags.

There are a lot of people who hold grudges against Stepping Hill, easily found on the net with some digging.

If bleach was in the milk then the perp must be feeling very safe with all the police presence.

I will shut up now :)

NMC hearing today to review the suspension from the register.
I am vigilant for news. I would guess that as the hearings start at 9am, she may know by now

From Twitter

@clarefallon is at the hearing, I assume that the suspension will continue if RL has stolen Tramadol (ultram), that is serious

@clarefallon clare fallon Nmc hearing told tramadol among the drugs rebecca leighton was found to have taken from #steppinghill

@clarefallon
clare fallon
Rebecca Leighton's representative says the medication (tramadol etc) was found in her house - but that doesn't mean she was taking them

@clarefallon
clare fallon
Rebecca Leighton's representative reads references from her colleagues saying she's caring and cheerful. #steppinghill
11 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

So the theft of Tramadol is not proven, maybe they will impose conditions of practice or she will be free to practise without restriction.

NMC outcomes are so inconsistent

Yikes - the tramadol thing would be serious indeed.

News so far, still waiting on verdict. This is a tricky one for the NMC
Agreed on the tricky. A thumbs down and they could be seen as part and parcel of the now-failed effort to blame her; a thumbs up and they're open to charges of sweeping it under the carpet.

Twitter again, I trust this journalist

Rebecca Leighton will now be suspended on full pay though - as long as the NMC goes ahead with lifting her suspension from the register @clarefallon

Just want to say how disgusted by how the British press are reporting this, picking up on the mention of Harold Shipman and headlines that bear no relation to the actual news.

No links as I resent giving them the publicity they crave

We don't know if it was just an accident . There could be others there who target the elderly as it happened on one of those wards. It could also be just a deflection in RLs favour for wednesday. Who knows might throw up more evidence of the more serious issues , if the milk contamination is deliberate. The small fish might unwittingly make it easier to catch the larger one in this case if they find out who it was.

I just saw this post and it confused me somewhat...you said if the milk contamination is deliberate...well how do you do it accidentally?

I just saw this post and it confused me somewhat...you said if the milk contamination is deliberate...well how do you do it accidentally?

Bleach , only takes a minute amount I would think to completely alter the taste like they said it was only a small amount.. Could be the Source of supply in processing .
. bleach is used for sterilization of Milk Bottles, Beverages Bottles, also medical equipment
Presumably this is what they are looking into. Difficult again for them to prove the source and easy for someone to get away with it if deliberate. Don't suppose we will know much , like we never knew she was stealing opiates.

I must say that I am surprised at the outcome. I often read the NMC hearings page and, in most cases, theft of drugs leads to a suspension while the matter is investigated.

Ho hum, but Stepping Hill has her suspended anyway. Stealing drugs such as Tramadol is considered Gross Misconduct in most Health Trusts and leads to summary dismissal.

Silly, silly girl :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab
Back