GUILTY UK - Nurse accused in insulin poisonings, deaths at Stepping Hill Hospital, 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After a flurry of stories about her in the Sun yesterday I remember wondering whether Rebecca leighton had hired a publicist, someone like Max Clifford.
Well, lo and behold, she has hired Mr Clifford to restore her reputation.
Meanwhile police haven't made the arrests that were predicted at the weekend and families are waiting for answers

Daily Mail ponders the question....

Have Stepping Hill Hospital police missed their chance to catch a poisoner stalking the wards?
---
And in an intriguing twist that further confuses matters, an expert on insulin poisoning, whose evidence proved crucial in convicting Angel of Death nurse Beverly Allitt, harbours serious doubts that anyone has been murdered at Stepping Hill at all.

According to Professor Vincent Marks, author of The Insulin Murders, which is regarded as the definitive work on this devilishly complex subject, it is not uncommon for people’s blood sugar level to fall critically low in the final stages of their lives.
---
More at link. Article mainly recounts the case, then plays "Who, us? Why - never!" regarding certain tactics:

Could it be that, in conjunction with the fingerprints, police rushed to judge her character on the basis of entries and photographs on her Facebook page?

I like many others hope she will not be reinstated but have a feeling she will be. Until the killer is found nothing is certain . As for her photo I agree they do seem to use that one a lot , but there are several worse ones they could use. I noticed it took several years to convict Norris , a saline killer because the case lacked initial evidence. From 2002 t0 2008 I believe .

I will be very interested to see what the NMC do on weds, as I said before there doesn't seem to be a lot of consistency in their decisions. If she was suspended from the register because of the charges, because the charges have been dropped, she should automatically have her registration restored.
I don't believe she did anything wrong, no one has come forward with any worries about her practice. I wouldn't condemn her for the sake of a few ill judged FB entries and pics, I have seen far worse

Four more deaths ruled out

A spokesman for GMP said: "We can confirm that the deaths of Arnold Lancaster, Tracey Arden and Alfred Derek Weaver have undergone this same process of review and we can confirm these people have been unlawfully administered insulin.

www.dailystar.co.uk/...nut...-/Saline-nut-will-never-be-caught-Salin... - Why put the boyfriends photo here ,did he ever work at the hospital. A Greater Manchester Police source said the names of two possible suspects may have been drawn up but proving their guilt could be almost impossible.

Four more deaths ruled out

A spokesman for GMP said: "We can confirm that the deaths of Arnold Lancaster, Tracey Arden and Alfred Derek Weaver have undergone this same process of review and we can confirm these people have been unlawfully administered insulin.

I am confused...you said the deaths have been ruled out..but then it says they was unlawfully administered insulin?

I personally think she shouldnt be allowed to nurse again until the investigation is finished and talking to a friend of mine who like Horsie is also a nurse she agreed with me. If the girl is innocent its hard on her but...we are talking about people lives and IMO they shouldnt potentially be put at risk :(

Sorry should have read another four ruled out but not those patients they have hard evidence for saline contamination.

Even though they are saying the bags have been contaminated they dont seem to know if it was the contamination that killed these patients.
They seem to have hard evidence of the bags being tampered with but we really dont know what else.

Notice also the link for the Daily Star has been removed, but this is it. Saline nut 'will never be caught' - Daily Star but this is the article.
Have to wait until wednesday but will be suprised if she is not allowed to carry on,after all the pulicity about her innocence.

LATEST FROM THE BBC
The force said it was still trying to establish whether the illegal insulin dose was "a significant contributing factor" in the three deaths.
Stepping Hill: Police investigate contaminated milk. What a hospital.

I agree FTK, I am wondering if someone has a grudge. Seems weird two incidences like this in a matter of months.
Stepping Hill has a chequered past, a famous nurse whistleblower was a nurse at Stepping Hill, he is long retired, Graham Pink. I regard him as a hero

He was treated disgracefully, I wonder if others have been treated disgracefully by the hospital

We don't know if it was just an accident . There could be others there who target the elderly as it happened on one of those wards. It could also be just a deflection in RLs favour for wednesday. Who knows might throw up more evidence of the more serious issues , if the milk contamination is deliberate. The small fish might unwittingly make it easier to catch the larger one in this case if they find out who it was.

Why on earth would someone risk getting caught putting bleach in milk to make Rebecca Leighton look better?

Why on earth would someone risk getting caught putting bleach in milk to make Rebecca Leighton look better?

There is still speculation from the likes of you and I as to whether she should be allowed back to work ,I think.

Would this not indicate that maybe there is still a saboteur out there if contaminated milk has been found as no incidents have occurred since her arrest and release as yet.

Making her completely and irretrievably innocent . And going on present form, is it such a risk they will be caught.

As I said we do not know if its an accident or intention.

There is still speculation from the likes of you and I as to whether she should be allowed back to work ,I think.

Would this not indicate that maybe there is still a saboteur out there if contaminated milk has been found as no incidents have occurred since her arrest and release as yet.

Making her completely and irretrievably innocent . And going on present form, is it such a risk they will be caught.

As I said we do not know if its an accident or intention.

For one thing is it known when the milk was injected?

In all honesty...you would hope at least that the hospital is being alert now...so surely it would be harder to do these things now? so to risk it just to get the other one off...risking maybe years in prison..well it seems plain daft to me :(

For one thing is it known when the milk was injected?

In all honesty...you would hope at least that the hospital is being alert now...so surely it would be harder to do these things now? so to risk it just to get the other one off...risking maybe years in prison..well it seems plain daft to me :(

There are staff willing to go out on strike to have her reinstated.
What do you think, was this a complete nut ,totally independent of the other crime, someone trying to make a statement or is this the saline contaminator, I dont think it was the person who contaminated the bags neither do the police, so why . Something like this could also be claimed an accident, but we don't know all the details.

kINGFISHER, I would be really interested to hear why you are so convinced that RL committed this crime :)

I have no idea if she is guilty or not BUTTTTT no way do i think other nurses are going to inject milk with bleach just so this woman gets reinstated :confused:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1000MoonsAgo
Back