UK - Nurse duped by prankster regarding royal, found dead.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also, Mel going on Sunday Night was self serving, and it's time for her to build a bridge.

Well, I think we now know why only Mel's career was ruined because of this call, she was the person who wanted the radio station to pull it back a notch. I do think though that her presentation to media over this issue did her no favours. I feel like the story on Sunday Night was manipulative and minimised some key facts.

In particular that the person to blame for the suicide was the nurse herself, and nobody (including a radio station) should be blamed for a decision she made, and had been trying to make for a long time.

Also, is it just me, but is mentioning the radio presenters paying her mortgage in the suicide note rubbing other people up the wrong way?

IMO Mel has been making money out of being a victim in this for two years and she should have butted out of it immediately which her co-host did. How much did she earn from the Sunday night show? (I did not watch it.)

Mel unfortunately has been a distraction either due to her guilt or because she saw it as a money making opportunity for compensation and TV shows. She has probably made more money not working than she would have if she had remained in the workplace. I have always thought that she was ill-advised because IMO the radio station has not been responsible for Jacintha's death yet she reinforces that it was.

In the meantime, the person/s who were really responsible have been able to apportion blame to the DJs. Yet in reports I have read, they say the radio station did nothing illegal.

Who was really responsible?

The nurse herself IMO. When you find out about her psychiatric history with two previous attempts at suicide, there was likely to be another attempt especially if she was not taking her medication for depression or it was not working and should have been changed to another, if she had not been open and honest with her employers about this history and also was not attending a psychiatrist regularly and acted as if she was in denial. My guess is that she may not have been responsible for her own mental health since she returned from India.

So if she had not been responsible for her own mental health as she was mentally ill and was not capable of being so, then her husband was responsible. What did he do? Allowed her to work when she was mentally ill on a lonely night shift away from family? Did he make sure she attended a psychiatrist regularly and take her medication? Was he open and honest with her employer about her mental health?

So assuming that the nurse and her husband had been responsible for her mental health and advised the hospital, then hospital management was responsible.

Had Jacintha reported the workplace bullying to hospital management in the one or two years before? Was she under a psychiatrist then who could support her with medical certificates to demand a psychologically safe workplace? IMO putting the nurse on restricted duties on a night shift would not have been the answer as it could have made Jacintha even more depressed especially if the perpetrator of the bullying was left on the day shift and got rewarded not punished for the bullying.

Therefore, in summary, unless the inquest goes into the history of Jacintha's mental health and the suspected bullying at the hospital, the DJs have been the scapegoats and Mel's part in it has just been a distraction. I hope the radio station has uncovered this history to protect their own reputation and put the blame where it really is.

I watched the Sunday show and saw the interview with Mel. At the end they said she didn't ask for and nor was she paid for the interview. It has been 9 months of legal fighting before her side of the story could come out.

I feel incredibly sorry for her. Yes it's easy to say get over it but clearly she feels responsible for the nurses death.
Mel did try to stop the prank call airing and also tried to have the nurses voices replaced with the voices of people from the radio station.

I hope now that the truth about her involvement is in the public domain she can slowly rebuild her life.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/09/12/royal-hoax-dj-apologizes-to-family-for-first-time

"At the inquest into her death, Coroner Fiona Wilcox said the hoax was "clearly pressing on her mind" when Saldanha stunned family, friends and colleagues by committing suicide in her hospital lodgings.

Greig voluntarily flew over from Australia to attend the inquest at London's Royal Courts of Justice, and the coroner allowed her to make a statement after the court ruled Saldanha took her own life.

"I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I have wanted to say this to you for so long," a tearful Greig said directly to Saldanha's husband and two children.

"This tragedy is always going to stay with me," she added, weeping as she returned to her seat near the family".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back