UK - Nurse Lucy Letby Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's worded as if just hearing them talking about what had happened to Baby P was what made her faint, rather than having blood taken.

Letby replied: “Yes just got back. I made a fool of myself whilst there.”

The doctor, who was also involved in the resuscitation efforts, said: “I asked them to be quick for you. How did you make a fool of yourself?”

Letby responded: “They said someone had asked for me to been seen asap and they knew what had happened today.

“Everyone talking about it whilst I was there. I fainted.”

The doctor asked: “Oh are you OK now?”

Letby replied: “Bit shaky but OK. Writing my notes. They were reluctant to let me go as on my own.

Exactly!

JMO

It's worded as if just hearing them talking about what had happened to Baby P was what made her faint, rather than having blood taken.

The doctor, who was also involved in the resuscitation efforts, said: “I asked them to be quick for you. How did you make a fool of yourself?”

Letby responded: “They said someone had asked for me to been seen asap and they knew what had happened today.

Letby replied: “Bit shaky but OK. Writing my notes. They were reluctant to let me go as on my own.

Would the staff at A and E be reluctant to let her go because she was on her own after recovering from what seems to be only a simple faint?

I can't remember now if this has already been suggested, but if guilty, could a motive for attacking twins and triplets be jealousy that they have siblings and she is an only child? I'm sure we discussed long ago she had talked with a colleague who planned to go to Australia but LL couldn't leave her parents- they were apparently not too happy she had moved to Chester, according to her.

And Parker, I agree the sheer cost and time expended on this trial is insane. I felt the same with the one before christmas with 8 defendants (i think) and each with counsel and then it collapsed right near the end. All taxpayers' money.
I just can't imagine someone would be that pissed off at being an only child.
If I could glean anything from the evidence presented it would be that LL has potentially experienced some sort attachment disorder in early infancy. If this is the case it could be fundamental to the development of either psychopathy or as some have speculated MBP.
But what's been said is not really evidence of those things, it's more that it doesn't conflict with what is known to be at the root of those associated disorders.

I’m anticipating levels of weirdness that one wouldn’t expect if she is guilty. People keep asking about envy, power etc im betting it’s not. Not psychopathy nor munchausens, the reason if any is going to be so nuanced and what you wouldn’t expect it’ll blow your head off. It will be if any seriously weird.

Would the staff at A and E be reluctant to let her go because she was on her own after recovering from what seems to be only a simple faint?

Could be wrong but I get the impression she may be happy with Dr NiceGuy taking an almost parental or paternal role in their relationship. Ringing A&E to get her seen first, offering her a lift home. All the "Are you OKs". I even pondered whether the convo the next day about how her parents don't like her living alone could be a hint that she wanted him to move in, not necessarily in a sexual way but to be there to look after her as an extension of that parental/paternal role.

IMO

I agree ... I can't make out if she was definitely not interested or not picking up on the hints

Because we have nothing to compare it to - ie. we have no knowledge of how she behaves/responds towards someone she's romantically interested in - it's impossible to say really, isn't it?

What is fairly clear though imo is that almost all Dr Choc's txts and responses leave ample room for someone interested to reciprocate in kind but she never does.

Last edited:

To me, and this might just be me, but it feels like corroboration for my personal theory of her alleged motive. I feel like, if guilty, she is craving this kind of attention and sympathy and likes to play the martyr and victim, right alongside the families, who are the true victims, imo.

This^^^^ feels like the ultimate payoff for her---2 'lost' babies in a row, dressing them and taking their pictures to share with the grieving family, getting 'injured' during resus, having to go to Emergency care herself, fainting and being fawned over, talked about, and then milking it with Dr. Nice Guy.

Rather than being satisfied with all of it, she apparently continued the alleged behaviour the very next night, ending in the 3rd collapse of a baby. So it appears to be paying off for her?

Why would she still be shaky? If her blood sugar was a bit low, helping cause the faint, she should have eaten or drank something by now?

I think she’s hinting at getting driven home, and Dr Choc obliges.

Nothing wrong with that (I’m sure that he wants to do this).

Could be wrong but I get the impression she may be happy with Dr NiceGuy taking an almost parental or paternal role in their relationship. Ringing A&E to get her seen first, offering her a lift home. All the "Are you OKs". I even pondered whether the convo the next day about how her parents don't like her living alone could be a hint that she wanted him to move in, not necessarily in a sexual way but to be there to look after her as an extension of that parental/paternal role.

IMO
I get the opposite tbh. Was dr choc thanking her for being there for him etc. He’s probably older, is also a doctor out of the 2 I’m putting her as the senior so to speak. She I think wouldn’t find that attractive if that’s on the cards at all. Just knowing what I do about dating, I don’t think he’s got the right angle. Too nice. She would like allot of people enjoy the attention.

If the A and E staff were worried about her walking back to her unit on her own they could have got a porter to accompany her, or let her sit in a corner with a snack until she’s less of a worry to walk unaccompanied.

At some point she’s going to be ‘on her own’ dealing with the sick babies back at the unit.

Were the staff hoping that she wanted to go home at that point? Hospitals have paid taxis for less reason than that to get a member of staff home.

IMO
True, she needs him to be the parent but I also suspect he gives her the ick.
I cannot imagine how he must feel to think he was providing trusted medical info to what he thought was a trusted colleague.
In the podcast, there was the text message misunderstanding where he said 'guilty as charged' or similar, claiming he was responsible for making her 'blubber'
She immediately misread the text and thought he was talking about her.

True, she needs him to be the parent but I also suspect he gives her the ick.
I cannot imagine how he must feel to think he was providing trusted medical info to what he thought was a trusted colleague.
In the podcast, there was the text message misunderstanding where he said 'guilty as charged' or similar, claiming he was responsible for making her 'blubber'
She immediately misread the text and thought he was talking about her.
Where’d you get that Esther? The guilty as charged texts?

*if* she fainted, of course.
JMO

A and E staff would definitely know the difference between a genuine faint, or near-faint, (if they stopped its progress while she was sitting getting blood drawn), and someone acting out.

One cannot normally pretend to be deathly pale, sweaty, and demonstrate bradycardia.

A doctor phoned by Dr Choc would definitely get back to him.

Didn't Dr Breary say she wasn't upset or bothered about the death of child P? But now we hear she fainted.

Guess it's always from his limited insight into how LL feels. As much as we can know about a colleague.

The parents said she was really upset I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793