UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

This is a trial thread to discuss the trial only. It is not a general discussion thread.

Although WS is based in the USA, we do try to manage the various discussions according to laws of other countries.

As this trial is in the UK, the case is under sub judice so please stick to discussing the trial content without posting anything that violates the following principles:

Basically anything that may prejudice the accused’s right to a fair trial
Any suggestion, opinion, or direct accusation that the accused is either guilty OR innocent
(i.e. the accused cannot be called "the killer"; use "the accused", "the alleged killer", or "the defendant")
A defendant’s previous history of any offences is off limits
Scandalizing the court (disparaging judges, lawyers, any officer of the Court) is off limits
Broadcasting anything about proceedings which happen in the jury's absence is off limits
Any non compliance with an Order of the court is off limits

Note in the event of an Appeal subsequent to verdict:

Appeals are usually heard by senior judges who are not likely to be influenced by the media, therefore responsible comment is usually considered acceptable once a trial has concluded, regardless of if there is going to be an appeal.

Reference: UK Contempt of Court Act 1981

Well. I was going to go today, all the way from the south coast. I was only able to get there for lunchtime, and got all the way to Milton Keynes (about halfway) before learning a juror had skived :rolleyes:

Going to try again on Thursday or Friday! But what I really wanted to see was what Lucy had come up with over the long weekend to explain away her terrible slip up.

Well. I was going to go today, all the way from the south coast. I was only able to get there for lunchtime, and got all the way to Milton Keynes (about halfway) before learning a juror had skived :rolleyes:

Going to try again on Thursday or Friday! But what I really wanted to see was what Lucy had come up with over the long weekend to explain away her terrible slip up.
Oh no... What a wasted trip. I hope you get to go.

Are they sitting court on Thursday and Friday?

I drove 3.5hrs there yesterday leaving at 6am only to get inside the court room and be told it wasn’t going ahead It then took 4.5hrs to get home due to issues on the motorway. Devastated wasn’t the word lol

I drove 3.5hrs there yesterday leaving at 6am only to get inside the court room and be told it wasn’t going ahead It then took 4.5hrs to get home due to issues on the motorway. Devastated wasn’t the word lol

Solidarity <3 what a waste of everyone’s time this has caused!

June 1st on Thursday is the only day I can go now because the other days have train strikes, and she’s expected to finish the cross exam this week.

Solidarity <3 what a waste of everyone’s time this has caused!

June 1st on Thursday is the only day I can go now because the other days have train strikes, and she’s expected to finish the cross exam this week.
Now you have mentioned Friday being a possibility I am seriously tempted to get in my car and book a hotel again….If the trial starts this morning I think I will drive up and get in after lunch maybe.

I'm almost certain they won't be finished with cross-exam this week. There's still the rest of baby I to go through, and nine babies after that, and then her writings. I expect another one or two days next week if it goes ahead today and Friday is a half day.

Time on stand (approx)

Evidence in chief

notes, arrest, facebook searches, handover sheets etc 4h
A - 50m
B - 25m
C - 45m
D - 30m
E - 55m
F - 50m
G - 50m
H - 50m
I - 1h 20m
J - 35m
K - 30m
L&M - 1h 10m
N - 1h 15m
O - 1h
P - 35m
Q - 45m
matters post Q - 25m

total approx 17.5 hrs

Cross-exam

varied matters 2h
A - 45m
B - 1h
C - 1h 25m
D - 1h
E - 1h 45m
G - 1h 45m
H - 1h 45m
I - 2h (not finished yet)

total to date approx 13h 25m

Time on stand (approx)

Evidence in chief

notes, arrest, facebook searches, handover sheets etc 4h
A - 50m
B - 25m
C - 45m
D - 30m
E - 55m
F - 50m
G - 50m
H - 50m
I - 1h 20m
J - 35m
K - 30m
L&M - 1h 10m
N - 1h 15m
O - 1h
P - 35m
Q - 45m
matters post Q - 25m

total approx 17.5 hrs

Cross-exam

varied matters 2h
A - 45m
B - 1h
C - 1h 25m
D - 1h
E - 1h 45m
G - 1h 45m
H - 1h 45m
I - 2h (not finished yet)

total to date approx 13h 25m

Considering cross began around the 17th May, there’s been roughly 11 days that court could have heard evidence since then.. yet she’s only spent 13 hours being cross examined!

The gaps between court days makes me wonder if this could be harming the case, making it hard for jurors to follow as it’s just not consistent. I know they have evidence on iPads to look back on during deliberations, but will there be a transcript of LL’s testimony they can look back on also? When there’s close to a week between court days at times how are the jury supposed to follow along? Without all these breaks and days off the entire case could have been heard, deliberated and a verdict reached by now had they been doing 5 or even 4 day weeks IMO.

Considering cross began around the 17th May, there’s been roughly 11 days that court could have heard evidence since then.. yet she’s only spent 13 hours being cross examined!

The gaps between court days makes me wonder if this could be harming the case, making it hard for jurors to follow as it’s just not consistent. I know they have evidence on iPads to look back on during deliberations, but will there be a transcript of LL’s testimony they can look back on also? When there’s close to a week between court days at times how are the jury supposed to follow along? Without all these breaks and days off the entire case could have been heard, deliberated and a verdict reached by now had they been doing 5 or even 4 day weeks IMO.
No they won't get a transcript of her testimony. They'll have their own notes if they choose to take any, plus they'll be reminded of what she's said in closing arguments and judge's summing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay