UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'I’m saying this on her behalf because no one else will.

She was hard-working. She was deeply committed. She had a happy life. She loved her work and she was there much of the time because she was committed, because she loved being a nurse, and so she was there at the time these events happened.'

'For a system that wanted to apportion blame when it failed she was the obvious target – not because of the evidence … because she was there.' "

'I’m saying this on her behalf because no one else will."

The reference to saying it on her behalf almost made it sound like LL had asked him to say it.

'For a system that wanted to apportion blame when it failed she was the obvious target – not because of the evidence … because she was there.' "
It sounds good, until you think about the evidence.

She was not only on shift for every collapse and death caused by the failing system, but also she was shown to be involved with each of them, she was heavily invested in texting other nurses about health disorders that didn't cause them, and even forewarned of baby P's risk the night before as he was identical, there was a period of time from E to I when allegedly her nursing notes don't reflect what happened and then started to feature gradual declines that parents present and doctors called later didn't see, monitors started to not alarm for babies - G, I and K, the vast majority of collapses happened just after their parents and designated nurses had left their rooms, they followed her patterns of shift changes from night to day, the exact same thing happened to two sets of twins months apart - one twin of each set with insulin poisoning, they had many common features, and no unexpected deaths happened when she was not there.

The doctors also correctly predicted she would be on shift for 'system failings' for the rest of the year, when they first made the association with LL, and she would be found to have obsessive Facebook searches on her phone and three years later after a house move with confidential paperwork stashed under her bed.

JMO

She was not only on shift for every collapse and death caused by the failing system, but also she was shown to be involved with each of them, she was heavily invested in texting other nurses about health disorders that didn't cause them, and even forewarned of baby P's risk the night before as he was identical, there was a period of time from E to I when allegedly her nursing notes don't reflect what happened and then started to feature gradual declines that parents present and doctors called later didn't see, monitors started to not alarm for babies - G, I and K, the vast majority of collapses happened just after their parents and designated nurses had left their rooms, they followed her patterns of shift changes from night to day, the exact same thing happened to two sets of twins months apart - one twin of each set with insulin poisoning, they had many common features, and no unexpected deaths happened when she was not there.

The doctors also correctly predicted she would be on shift for 'system failings' for the rest of the year, when they first made the association with LL, and she would be found to have obsessive Facebook searches on her phone and three years later after a house move with confidential paperwork stashed under her bed.

JMO

And as Johnson pointed out, if the consultants were ganging up to blame her, they didn't do a very good job as they completely missed the two insulin poisonings!

JMO
I really hope the Judge will refresh the details about the "insulin cases" because it seems to me Defence mixed Babies in their Closing Speech o_O

JMO

I think Summing Up is too important for the Press to miss it.

I rely on Dan :D , DM and Chester!

Missing it would be like leaving a cherry on the cake uneaten haha

JMO
Honestly, I'm not expecting it, although I think Dan might be there and might put out a few Tweets. There is so much to get through, I was on a six-week trial and the judge spent the best part of three days summing up, and it was a speed read. You wouldn't think someone could talk that fast. Obviously he goes slower through the important points of law and places where he wants to specifically draw attention to how to resolve conflicts in the evidence (by using their good judgement), but the reading of the evidence is like an express train.

Honestly, I'm not expecting it, although I think Dan might be there and might put out a few Tweets. There is so much to get through, I was on a six-week trial and the judge spent the best part of three days summing up, and it was a speed read. You wouldn't think someone could talk that fast. Obviously he goes slower through the important points of law and places where he wants to specifically draw attention to how to resolve conflicts in the evidence (by using their good judgement), but the reading of the evidence is like an express train.
Oh goodness, the poor jury! I hope they serve them extra coffee for the judge's summing up days, they are going to have to focus and listen even more than usual!

Oh goodness, the poor jury! I hope they serve them extra coffee for the judge's summing up days, they are going to have to focus and listen even more than usual!
Speed reading is pointless IMO.

I once had a friend who spoke like a machine gun and, honestly, I couldn't understand what she was saying half of the time.
But being well mannered, I nodded when she looked at me expectantly ;)

I'm just thinking maybe different judges have different approaches to summing up, especially for longer and more complex trials. Maybe some don't include all the evidence and only put the spotlight on matters they think the jury should focus on, such as points of agreement and disagreement.

I don't know how you condense eight months into a week.

I'm just thinking maybe different judges have different approaches to summing up, especially for longer and more complex trials. Maybe some don't include all the evidence and only put the spotlight on matters they think the jury should focus on, such as points of agreement and disagreement.

I don't know how you condense eight months into a week.
Maybe he'll summarise by just saying for each baby "The charge is ... the prosecution say X, the defence say Y, the agreed evidence is Z" with just a couple of lines for each ?

A small point - if there is a lot of milk in the aspirate you can't get an acid reaction.
My understanding is that, the first part aspirates are typically too milky with unreliable results (e.g., higher than actual PH); so pulling back more aspirate accesses any partially digested milk, providing a more accurate reading (e.g.,lower PH)

My understanding is that, the first part aspirates are typically too milky with unreliable results (e.g., higher than actual PH); so pulling back more aspirate accesses any partially digested milk, providing a more accurate reading (e.g.,lower PH)
Hi I'm clueless with all that stuff & never read to much into it when it's been mentioned. So who was making more sense, the prosecution or defence lol
Also your little image in the top left is a good phrase:
The quality of your life is determined by the quality of your thoughts :)

I

It's true, but I don't think you'd do that as there is no point - if you withdraw 10mls, say, it's obviously in the stomach.

Hi I'm clueless with all that stuff & never read to much into it when it's been mentioned. So who was making more sense, the prosecution or defence lol
Also your little image in the top left is a good phrase:
The quality of your life is determined by the quality of your thoughts :)
Thank you Becci ☺️

IMO- I have more faith in the evidence presented by the defence, which seemed more consistent with the science. Whereas, I found the prosecutions strategy akin to - a gory ‘shock factor’ crime documentary. JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavakaga