VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's difficult for me to reconcile the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" with a person being banged up in jail for several years. I know nothing about law, so it's all very puzzling to me.
The judge has to be satisfied there is enough evidence for trial (I believe the standard used is on the balance of probabilities) and to keep the accused in detention.

Her barrister wasn't able to get her bail before, so I am struggling to see why a new trial would make a difference. The judge must have been satisfied she should not be released on bail, throughout those delays. IMO
This is different now though. By now she's been locked up for an extraordinary amount of time despite not being found guilty of anything. In fact she's been acquitted of one murder charge!
She was on bail for 2 years under caution while her name and the crimes she was accused of were public knowledge, and she's got two parents who have been there to support her and provided her with an address to live at the last time she was on bail. They allowed Ansreen and Mahek out on bail when their trial collapsed, I'm thinking the same principle should apply here!

This is different now though. By now she's been locked up for an extraordinary amount of time despite not being found guilty of anything. In fact she's been acquitted of one murder charge!
She was on bail for 2 years under caution while her name and the crimes she was accused of were public knowledge, and she's got two parents who have been there to support her and provided her with an address to live at the last time she was on bail. They allowed Ansreen and Mahek out on bail when their trial collapsed, I'm thinking the same principle should apply here!
I don't think the two cases are comparable though, with one being an alleged serial killer, with substantial premeditation also alleged.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member