VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her notes say she told the parents they could do things at their pace when they were ready (the shift leader mentions LL):

An addendum made at 8.14am said: "Parents stated with [Child C], they took him round to quiet room...registrar went round to quiet room, as mum concerned he is still gasping and has pulse. Doctor explained that it is a brainstem response following resuscitation, further discussion with parents, parents happy for [Child C] to have IV morphine for comfort.

"Maternal and paternal grandparents present, discussed with parents what they would like to do, and offered that we can do it at their pace when they are ready."

The note concludes that a camera was left with the parents if they wished to take photos of Child C. They declined, and had taken some photos on their phone. Child C's hand and footprints were made for the parents.

The senior nurse/shift leader said:

The nurse remembers resuscitation efforts were made, and Child C was baptised, and overseeing palliative care to make the baby boy more comfortable before he died.

The prosecution asks: "Whose responsibility is it to ensure the memory box is made and who takes care of it?"

The nurse: "The designated nurse at the time, if they're able."

The nurse said Melanie Taylor took over as designated nurse (my note-from Sophie Ellis) and "partly" arranged the memory box.

The nurse explains she asked Lucy Letby to focus back on a baby in nursery room 3, but Letby went into the family room "a few times". The nurse recalled asking Lucy Letby to leave the family to Melanie Taylor.

The nurse tells the court Letby did not have any designated duties to be in the family room, and told her "more than once" not to be in the family room.

Yeh that reads no matter what it was definitely unusual and situationally unusual for LL to have done the cold cot. She was asked to leave the family to MT. most definitely. I actually think that’s quite damning.

Yeh that reads no matter what it was definitely unusual and situationally unusual for LL to have done the cold cot. She was asked to leave the family to MT. most definitely. I actually think that’s quite damning.

Baby C is also the baby where LL texted a colleague that she had "persuaded [the parents] to have hand and footprints but they just wanted to go home."

Still no verdict! Starting to get a bit worried now. I think this level of time goes beyond 'making sure they do a thorough job and are not hasty'. It suggests disagreement or uncertainty to me. It could be there are just a few AM charges they are unsure of, maybe. I hope so.

Still no verdict! Starting to get a bit worried now. I think this level of time goes beyond 'making sure they do a thorough job and are not hasty'. It suggests disagreement or uncertainty to me. It could be there are just a few AM charges they are unsure of, maybe. I hope so.
I don't think it's much to worry about. This has been a nine month trial and there is a lot of evidence to consider. Didn't Mr Myers (or maybe the prosecution barrister) refer to a page of evidence with a number in excess of 35,000 at some point?

Chin up everyone, I'm going out at 2pm (3 hours' time), so the verdict is bound to be revealed about 2.30. :)

Well that didn't work. Next time you go out, wear a pair of these, make a wish and click your heels three times.

1690907074606.png

I don't think it's much to worry about. This has been a nine month trial and there is a lot of evidence to consider. Didn't Mr Myers (or maybe the prosecution barrister) refer to a page of evidence with a number in excess of 35,000 at some point?

One of them certainly did. And that was for only one baby if I recall correctly! I remember taking a sharp, horrified intake of breath when I read it.

The jury are likely on page 4,753 at the moment so no panic...

Last edited:
Anyone know what they do with the evidence once the trial is over? Thinking it must be stored somewhere but think every criminal trial will have tons of stuff. Do they have a hermiones bag to put it in?

Anyone know what they do with the evidence once the trial is over? Thinking it must be stored somewhere but think every criminal trial will have tons of stuff. Do they have a hermiones bag to put it in?

Thats very impressive actually. Imagine the data.

Did you know about this as well? Interesting for everybody I think.

The Proceedings of the Old Bailey, 1674-1913​

A fully searchable edition of the largest body of texts detailing the lives of non-elite people ever published, containing 197,745 criminal trials held at London's central criminal court. If you are new to this site, you may find the Getting Started and Guide to Searching videos and tutorials helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1