VERDICT WATCH UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a couple of questions, hopefully someone with medical knowledge can help with the first one.

In the case of child A it would appear that multiple people were also in room one at the time of the alleged attack. Could someone explain to me how the air could be administered in this instance and how long that process would take ?

Secondly…Child C

I have a issue with the police interview given by Melanie Taylor. Now in court she said Letby was in the room when child C collapsed yet in her police interview she makes no mention of Letby. Her reason for not mentioning that during her police interview was “she didn’t think it was important” and she doubted the police asked her if Letby was present.

Now I’m sorry but if you are called in to a police station to give a interview regarding something which has taken place at the hospital and the death of a infant, it’s pretty important to mention who was in the room when the child collapsed?
It is also VERY likely that Nurse Taylor understood why she was giving this interview to the police (either she was told Letby was under investigation or she would have known because of Letby being removed from duties or general chit chat among staff) So for her to say “I didn’t think it was necessary to tell the police of Letby’s presence at the time”

That doesn’t sit well with me at all.

Attachments

• 0381f833-1ea9-49cf-a1e5-565e8c9bb02c.jpeg
    0381f833-1ea9-49cf-a1e5-565e8c9bb02c.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 4c45e976-fc56-4c2c-9658-fb7e0e903d5d.jpeg
    4c45e976-fc56-4c2c-9658-fb7e0e903d5d.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 9
Secondly…Child C

I have a issue with the police interview given by Melanie Taylor. Now in court she said Letby was in the room when child C collapsed yet in her police interview she makes no mention of Letby. Her reason for not mentioning that during her police interview was “she didn’t think it was important” and she doubted the police asked her if Letby was present.

Now I’m sorry but if you are called in to a police station to give a interview regarding something which has taken place at the hospital and the death of a infant, it’s pretty important to mention who was in the room when the child collapsed?
It is also VERY likely that Nurse Taylor understood why she was giving this interview to the police (either she was told Letby was under investigation or she would have known because of Letby being removed from duties or general chit chat among staff) So for her to say “I didn’t think it was necessary to tell the police of Letby’s presence at the time”

I was thinking about this as I've been reading "Paralyzing Summer" about a series of poisonings at a hospital in Michigan in the 70s:

The attached screenshot notes the issue of witness testimony migrating over time to favour the prosecution.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 21.35.53.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 21.35.53.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 16
So I have a couple of questions, hopefully someone with medical knowledge can help with the first one.

In the case of child A it would appear that multiple people were also in room one at the time of the alleged attack. Could someone explain to me how the air could be administered in this instance and how long that process would take ?

Secondly…Child C

Is it possible though ..as you say she knew the police were looking at LL so assumed the presumption she was there was a given ? She may have just ran through her involvement and how she was called over (which wasn't by letby)

Is it possible though ..as you say she knew the police were looking at LL so assumed the presumption she was there was a given ? She may have just ran through her involvement and how she was called over (which wasn't by letby)
I would think for someone in her position and the fact a police interview is quite a nerve wracking experience regardless, that she would volunteer every and all detail regarding that event. MOO

I

When you inject a bolus - saline, antibiotics etc. - this is done using a syringe into the IV tubing near to the baby. So within the incubator in this case. IMO nobody would notice. I've never injected air, obviously! But you can inject fluids in seconds.

I

When you inject a bolus - saline, antibiotics etc. - this is done using a syringe into the IV tubing near to the baby. So within the incubator in this case. IMO nobody would notice. I've never injected air, obviously! But you can inject fluids in seconds.
Thank you Mary, would you also need to open the incubator? As that was also not witnessed by either of the 4 people in the room by all accounts.

So let’s say in theory, would she have this syringe concealed on her body somewhere ? Would it be new and need to be unwrapped ?

I would think for someone in her position and the fact a police interview is quite a nerve wracking experience regardless, that she would volunteer every and all detail regarding that event. MOO

Maybe ? But I'm equally suprised the police didn't ask ? It's their job to ask the right questions to get than info not the witnesses responsibility.
So I'd be curious to know when the interview was and the format.
Although the staff at the time knew LL was of interest we have no idea what they thought about it at the time.

Obviously BM will bring up any omissions to try and discredit the witness...but for me with without actually knowing what she was asked and how I'm not sure I'd consider it odd

I

I'd agree it would take seconds...if it was a well known colleague with their hands in the incubator no one would even take any interest no matter how many people were in the room.

Thank you Mary, would you also need to open the incubator? As that was also not witnessed by either of the 4 people in the room by all accounts.

So let’s say in theory, would she have this syringe concealed on her body somewhere ? Would it be new and need to be unwrapped ?

You'd have to open the portholes, obviously. Nurses do so all the time - to adjust a blanket, make the baby comfortable or stop them pulling out lines etc. etc. It wouldn't register with anybody IMO. As for a syringe you could easily unwrap one anytime and just use it as & when.

Maybe ? But I'm equally suprised the police didn't ask ? It's their job to ask the right questions to get than info not the witnesses responsibility.
So I'd be curious to know when the interview was and the format.
Although the staff at the time knew LL was of interest we have no idea what they thought about it at the time.

Obviously BM will bring up any omissions to try and discredit the witness...but for me with without actually knowing what she was asked and how I'm not sure I'd consider it odd
That said, the police prompting for a specific person could be perceived as leading.

You'd have to open the portholes, obviously. Nurses do so all the time - to adjust a blanket, make the baby comfortable or stop them pulling out lines etc. etc. It wouldn't register with anybody IMO. As for a syringe you could easily unwrap one anytime and just use it as & when.
Thanks Mary.

What interests me also is if Letby is in fact guilty then this was a very brazen first attack and makes me question if this really was her first time.

I have inserted a diagram of where people were when the alleged attack took place

Attachments

• IMG_6157.png
    IMG_6157.png
    238.1 KB · Views: 28
Also what I found a little odd is where Nurse Sophie Ellis claims she left the room “around the corner” I can only imagine looking at the layout that she means to the nursing station ? And then Letby appears in room 1. So how did Letby get into room 1 from room 3 where she was looking after 2 children without being seen ?

A retrospective note written by Ms Ellis says: "Had 2x fleeting [Bradycardia]s - self correcting not needing any intervention shortly before prolonged [Bradycardia] and apneoa requiring resus[citation].

She said she had left the room "just around the corner", then the alarm went off. She said she could not recall which type of alarm it was - a lower-level yellow or a more frequent [urgent] red alarm.

She said she went into the nursery, having been out for "not a long" time.

She recalls, upon entering: "I saw Lucy standing at [Child C's] incubator. She said he had just had a Brady and a desaturation. I can't remember what she was doing at the time."

Attachments

• IMG_6140.jpeg
    IMG_6140.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics